I suck....at drifting...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Yup... you suxorz at teh driftang.

My Colorado did better at autocross than your Z did at a drift comp.

love the 360's man. although i must say you are most likely better at drifting than i am. i would need a sanctioned event to try it out. things are too sketchy nowadays here. where was that??

clayton? doing 360's??? no.............. never!

:p

SiLude: IF you wanna go drifting, sign up for crew on the 20th at the limerock event. I'll pick ya up. Taking the 4Runner loaded with support equipment.

And yeah Clayton, You can't drift that fuckin thing. We have to do something about this.

-> Steve

I was gonna come up today, but my Civic just died down the street. Oh woe is me.

That car needs more power. :ph34r:

Seriously though, you'd think the Z would be easier to drift than that. Why does it seem so hard? Underpowered? Non-ideal weight distribution? Other factors that I don't know about?

short wheel base.

hard to snap out in control, it just wants to go around.

miatas and ae86's have the same problems.

long cars are harder to get out, but once out, are more steady

was this your first time?, cuz then it ain't so bad for the first time. but just keep at it, its about knowing and feeling your car to the breaking piont, you'll get it eventually, good luck bro.

Only can i've ever drifted is my boys z32 and that thing breaks loose with no problems at all.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Aug 11 2005, 08:33 AM
short wheel base.

hard to snap out in control, it just wants to go around.

miatas and ae86's have the same problems.

long cars are harder to get out, but once out, are more steady
[post=538843]Quoted post[/post]​

That makes sense. Also makes sense why the 240SX is more popular.

240SXs are EASY to drift. Coupe or hatch, you pick a line, and it keeps it.

Corollas have a higher center of gravity, regardless of suspension. But a little power in an AE86 will make the ass end come out. Then, you have to compensate for the inertia of the higher center of gravity. They are significantly narrower than the 240, which I think the Z suffers the same from.

The Z's rear tires are just about at your elbows. So when it kicks out, you're along for the ride. The inertia of that setup causes you to mentally correct too soon. You gotta go with it. Clayton goes with it, but I think the steering is too loose / out of ratio to allow him to grab it when the time is right.

RA6x Celicas drift out well too. The solid axle looses grip well enough, but the engine doesn't make nearly enough power to do pro-quality drifts. And Supras grip too well, with the IRS they can't be fooled into slipping.

Shorter wheelbase cars, like the MR2 wipe out RIGHT QUICK. If you plan on drifting one, you'll find out that it bites you like a wide-eyed doberman.

On that note, CRXs drift remarkably well, with no ebrake. If you lower the torsion bars and angle the wheels out, the front grips so well and the ass is just there for the ride. A drift doesn't last too long before the ass is back in line.

-> Steve

On that note, CRXs drift remarkably well, with no ebrake. If you lower the torsion bars and angle the wheels out, the front grips so well and the ass is just there for the ride. A drift doesn't last too long before the ass is back in line.

hmmm, sounds like a got something to try
lol

and werd on the short wheel base, god damn did that look fun though :)

as mentioned...the car was redone with more mods..and it became a completely different car. The 2 way LSD is the biggest mod....the car no longer wants to swap drive wheels....and when decelerating...it doesn't want to pull to one side...as for accelling...it would just want to launce to the right....now with the 2 way...both accel and decell are predictable...and also very controlable.

Plus...this was the first time that I am running a ful grip tires on the car all the way around...RT-615 Azenis up front, and RT215 Azenis on the back...plus I didn't have a chance to play around in a vacant lot before the trip..

Then the little 4.11 ring and pinion gear swap...coming from a 3.39...and turning the car into a shifter car...literally...in 10 feet, I'm out of first...trying to find sec...30 ft...already in 3rd...super short gears...but fun to learn..

regaurdless...it was a whole new set up now. And I can't wait till next week-end.... :p

it seems the car is a little underpowered as well.. at 42 seconds in, you seem to be holding a pretty descent drift until near the exit, where it just looks like you ran out of power.

your car does look pretty fuggin sweet though!

note: it's spelled "by", not "buy" in the credits :) "buy" is like your going to buy some new tires :D

That's not even the sexiest that beast CAN look. Those are just the tire and rim combos he tried.

That Z can hold 295 width tires. now THAT is a beautiful thing.

that was drifting I thought that was autocrossing :blink: lol naw jp just practice some more that was your first time wasn't it? go find a bare parking lot thats abandoned and do that lol...we have a big ass parking lot here but its got like deep sewer draines indenting in the ground so we can't do anything in it sucks!

Originally posted by Celerity@Aug 12 2005, 10:14 AM
That's not even the sexiest that beast CAN look. Those are just the tire and rim combos he tried.

That Z can hold 295 width tires. now THAT is a beautiful thing.
[post=539289]Quoted post[/post]​

Mine will be built to hold 295s. But I'm gonna put 245s on the 15x10s.

Back