I want a crx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

OK, I am new to this and I have a huge delima- I have two problems for you to solve
1. My grandparents own a 1995 Toyota Corolla that I have to drive in winter, which is fine because it keeps my daily driver 93 Civic Hatch from getting the legendary Honda-rust on it and it handles slightly better. I am looking for an excuse, however, to talk them into trading it in for a CRX, as I have wanted one of those ever since a friend I went to church with took me for a ride in his- pulled so hard it was ridiuculous.

Also, I am trying to find a CRX that has't been swapped to a JDM motor for sale in the Kansas City area, if I can talk my Gparents into the deal- they're picky, so they'll want one that is in good condition.

I would buy one of my own accord, but parents won't let me- say that 3 cars for a young person is too much already, plus I will be going away to a one-car parking situation soon, and couldn't stand to see it sit at my parents' house undriven.

I hope my situation isn't too hopeless.

IF a stock crx pulled so hard it was ridiculous you need to drive some other cars. I don't know if a crx would be a good car for your Grandparents.

If you can't have another car then trade your hatch for crx, or look into doing a engine swap or turbo on your hatch.

It wasn't stock

I think the one I rode in was turbo'ed or had some bolt-ons, but it had the stock engine. On the coasts, you can get parts for a JDM engine if something goes awry- in the Midwest, good luck. That's why a lot of modified japanese cars in this part of the country hold on to their stock engines- at least, the ones that I've seen.

My grandfather really likes the cars and would be an easy sell- my grandmother is the one I'm having difficulties trying to convince. She wouldn't ever drive it- the only people that would use it would be myself in the winter, and my Grandfather whenever he doesn't need to haul something (he has a truck of his own, but it gets poor fuel economy). My grandmother already has a minivan and a Mustang, so even if one was in the shop she wouldn't need to drive the CRX. I was thinking of trying to sell her on the fact that the CRX gets bettter MPGs than the old Corolla and that we don't really need the back seat anymore...but I'm not sure what the fuel economy was on a non-HF CRX? Better than low 30s?

1- you obviously dont need any more cars if you have to have permission from an elder.
2- your trying to trade your grandparents car for something you want, get a job and buy your own.
3- your ranting about wanting a crx, but the last statement is about an accord?

You said it yourself, you won't have room for it soon enough. That's why I only have one car.

As far as a CRX goes, it's a lot cheaper to derice one then buy a mint stock one. They are few and far between and pull some decent cash.

1- you obviously dont need any more cars if you have to have permission from an elder.
2- your trying to trade your grandparents car for something you want, get a job and buy your own.
3- your ranting about wanting a crx, but the last statement is about an accord?

He said "of my own accord", meaning "on my own".

But spot on advice, IMO...

OP, why don't you just trade your Civic for a CR-X? It sounds like you basically want TWO project/fun cars. Don't be greedy, especially seeing as you're obviously still young and being supported by parents/grandparents...

This thread sucks. Greenhorn status remains.

oh man, he didnt get the answers he wanted. wonder if he'll be back/stick around. lol.
im guessing not.

what kind of person wants to trade their grandparents car for a toy of their own? lol, and one that still gets used.
trade your own damn car, or get a job and buy one.

some people, man....

You should race the car for slips, and try to win them an s2000. Seems like the only option here.

Back