I want power windows now lol

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Holy shit, that's awesome....Is that real?

Although, if that was on any of the Hondas I've had, where the window always wants to either stick or jump out of the rubber seal thingie on the door, my window would just fly out of the damn door.

Sweetass, though

you should watch all those movies. the one where the guy throws a GSRX piston threw his arm is a must see, or where the dumb ass in the MR2 trys to burn out.

Originally posted by ScrapinSi+Aug 14 2005, 02:10 PM-->
But i bet the passenger window still goes up slower than the driver window. :roll:
[post=539907]Quoted post[/post]​
LMAO! even the sti is like this. it takes about 2 secs longer. lol

drpenguin
@Aug 14 2005, 03:11 PM
you should watch all those movies. the one where the guy throws a GSRX piston threw his arm is a must see, or where the dumb ass in the MR2 trys to burn out.
[post=539917]Quoted post[/post]​

99% of those videos on that site are old as hell...

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+Aug 14 2005, 02:32 PM-->
ScrapinSi
@Aug 14 2005, 02:10 PM
But i bet the passenger window still goes up slower than the driver window. :roll:

[post=539924]Quoted post[/post]​

heh... In the Si, I used to start rolling up the passenger window about a block before the house... Just so I wouldn't have to wait... :lol:

my rear windows are slow as shit.

I just want them to be as quick as that guys.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+Aug 14 2005, 02:32 PM-->
ScrapinSi
But i bet the passenger window still goes up slower than the driver window.  :roll:

Loosen the window track. One of about 25 tweaks I had to perform upon purchasing the car to make it reasonably well-put together. This pulley thing is irking the shit out of me.

So far, -3 for the WRX.

I also don't think that's real. When I removed the Celica windows, I dropped it in the door by accident and it didn't fall that fast.

Bricklin owners are infamous for reworking vacuum / hydraulic / pneumatic systems, and they get their doors to shit like that.

-> Steve

Originally posted by Celerity+Aug 14 2005, 07:23 PM-->
Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Aug 14 2005, 02:32 PM
ScrapinSi

Loosen the window track. One of about 25 tweaks I had to perform upon purchasing the car to make it reasonably well-put together. This pulley thing is irking the shit out of me.

So far, -3 for the WRX.
[post=539994]Quoted post[/post]​

///thread jack. The kid who had the '02 WRX said his go up slow sometimes, but they went up and down fine when I was in it. If there's anything wrong with the motors or anything, I'll just have my uncle rebuild it or buy a new one for cost.

Originally posted by ScrapinSi@Aug 14 2005, 01:10 PM

Your Si didn't?? mine does, and it's even worse now thanks to that fuckin car topper. I'll bet within the next few months I'm going to need a new motor thanks to that damn thing.

for all of you people with slow windows

go to the fucking parts store and get a can of spray sylicone lube
roll down the fucking window
spray a slow stream of sylicone into the track
roll the window up and down a few times
roll it back down
spray another line of shit in the track
roll up and down some more
that should have the windows going nice and quickly like they are fucking new again

no need for all this crazy modifying the fucking motor or fucking with the tracks shit

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Aug 14 2005, 10:28 PM
for all of you people with slow windows

go to the fucking parts store and get a can of spray sylicone lube
roll down the fucking window
spray a slow stream of sylicone into the track
roll the window up and down a few times
roll it back down
spray another line of shit in the track
roll up and down some more
that should have the windows going nice and quickly like they are fucking new again

no need for all this crazy modifying the fucking motor or fucking with the tracks shit
[post=540064]Quoted post[/post]​

Wordthefuckup... I did that to my coupe last summer and people are amazed at how fast the windows go down. It's called Silicone Spray, I believe Permatex makes it...

I like my auto up/down buttons.

Hit it once and it goes all the way up/down.

Or you can use the key, or the remote.

You should be able to do that by replace the gear that drives the regulator and do deal with the extra torque it creates to put the window up just get a bigger electric motor to drive it

Originally posted by erikespo@Aug 14 2005, 11:41 PM
You should be able to do that by replace the gear that drives the regulator and do dear with the extra torque it creates to put the window up just get a bigger electric motor to drive it
[post=540084]Quoted post[/post]​

i dirt not umbersand wet jew air sewing?

the electric motor drives a gear that moves the window up and down. Put in bigger gear that the smaller gear turns and it will turn faster, but require more torque to turn. there for a bigger electric motor to handle it. Probably need some kind of electic rewire to get more voltage.

so just increase the size of the gear that the worm gear drives.

Back