I was seventh!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

That's funny. But it is the tracks fault and he should sue them. or shoot them. I would have run that bitch over and got my spot.

Has nothing to do with the track. He wasn't in the proper grid spot, he gets to start from the back.

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Jul 9 2005, 12:08 AM
You need to read more about the rules in racing. RULES.
[post=523046]Quoted post[/post]​

Well, in all honesty, I don't know the rules. So what did he do wrong? Did he move without being told to?

He was gridded in the wrong place. He qualified 7th, but was gridded 6th. His error, so he paid for it.

Originally posted by nfn15037@Jul 9 2005, 12:13 AM
Has nothing to do with the track. He wasn't in the proper grid spot, he gets to start from the back.
[post=523047]Quoted post[/post]​

well i watched it again. The vid said he 'was' mistakenly grided in the 6th spot. so I don't know if the track officials put him there or he mistakenly put himself there but from the looks of it, he knew he was 7th but was in the #6 spot. 5 cars went and she gestured for him to go but he pointed to the other car because he knew 7TH not 6TH. So by him pointing to the other car, she thought he was saying to let the other cars go first because he wasn't ready. IDK?

I would of gotten OUT of the car and talked to her bitch ass lol! o well that was some crazy ass pasing though lol

Yeah, there is no rule about that and it is not his fault at all. The track grids you, or at least a good track does. They probably switched the 6 and 7 spots and he was telling her to let the other guy go and then he would go but she obviously doesn't know what she was doing and thought he wanted everyone to go. If the track was worth a shit they would have noticed the grid problem and told her so that she didn't make the mistake she did. He should have gotten out and just walked off. Because even though he passed and got his spot, they will automatically be like "WTF?!" because they didn't know what was going on and they just see him passing on a pace lap.

:sigh:

Okay. Yes it is partly the track's responsibility. However, the driver was a retard for doing what he did.

Originally posted by John Coffey
Before a race your are gridded in the pits in qualifying order. Sometimes the grid workers make a mistake regarding order and you have a few minutes to talk with a grid worker and get it fixed if you arrive to the grid early enough. If you're late to grid, tough luck. When the grid worker signals you to go, you have to go or wait for everyone behind you. They will not hold things up becuase you're not ready (or confused in this case).

Once a driver completes an approved SCCA school, he is given a Novice Permit. Now he has to safely and successfully complete two races to get his Novice Permit signed off and then he can apply for a Regional racing license.

In "I Was Seventh's" situation, the grid person made a mistake and gridded the driver 6th instead of 7th. The driver tried to correct the situation by waving his hand around inside the car and pointing when the Grid Marshall gave him the signal to go. To almost any Grid Marshall in the world, that's a signal saying, "I'm having problems, let the other guy go." The Grid Marshall did exactly what she was supposed to do.

The driver should have just gone when the Grid Marshall signalled and then worked it our with the event officials after the race was over. Instead, he passed, under a standing full course double yellow, 63 cars! Regardless of the initial gridding problem, passing just 1 car under a yellow is grounds for some kind of penalty. When you're a Novice trying to get one of two Chief Steward's signatures on your permit, passing 63 cars on the pace lap is one of the all time stupidest things to do.

i would have been so pissed. but that was kind of funny to watch. it was like a never ending stream of cars, and all you here is "i;m seventh, wtf is going on, i'm seventh!!" funny shit. one day i'm gonna try to get into the scca. not anytime soon though.

Originally posted by Battle Pope+Jul 9 2005, 03:04 AM-->

Okay. Yes it is partly the track's responsibility. However, the driver was a retard for doing what he did.

John Coffey
Before a race your are gridded in the pits in qualifying order. Sometimes the grid workers make a mistake regarding order and you have a few minutes to talk with a grid worker and get it fixed if you arrive to the grid early enough. If you're late to grid, tough luck. When the grid worker signals you to go, you have to go or wait for everyone behind you. They will not hold things up becuase you're not ready (or confused in this case).

Once a driver completes an approved SCCA school, he is given a Novice Permit. Now he has to safely and successfully complete two races to get his Novice Permit signed off and then he can apply for a Regional racing license.

In "I Was Seventh's" situation, the grid person made a mistake and gridded the driver 6th instead of 7th. The driver tried to correct the situation by waving his hand around inside the car and pointing when the Grid Marshall gave him the signal to go. To almost any Grid Marshall in the world, that's a signal saying, "I'm having problems, let the other guy go." The Grid Marshall did exactly what she was supposed to do.

The driver should have just gone when the Grid Marshall signalled and then worked it our with the event officials after the race was over. Instead, he passed, under a standing full course double yellow, 63 cars! Regardless of the initial gridding problem, passing just 1 car under a yellow is grounds for some kind of penalty. When you're a Novice trying to get one of two Chief Steward's signatures on your permit, passing 63 cars on the pace lap is one of the all time stupidest things to do.

[post=523078]Quoted post[/post]​

Wasn't John Coffey the big black dude on The Green Mile?

he was. "names coffey, like the drink, just not spelled the same" i bought that movie a few weeks ago. good movie.

Originally posted by civicious+Jul 9 2005, 10:09 AM-->
Originally posted by Battle Pope@Jul 9 2005, 03:04 AM

John Coffey

[post=523078]Quoted post[/post]​

Wasn't John Coffey the big black dude on The Green Mile?
[post=523163]Quoted post[/post]​

It's also the name of the owner of Beta Motorsports and a member on Hybrid-Z where I originally saw this.

king rat is big in scca... they have a bunch of spec miatas too

Back