I was watching CNN...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

VTECin5th

Administrator
I was watching CNN and i like it sometimes.
I was watching this argument today.
Every quarter since Bush has been in office, the Oil industry has had multi billion dollar profits.
Profits, not supply and demand, that is after all is said and done.
It costs OPEC $4 a Barrel to get, treat, and market oil.
That is the FINAL cost, READY to be in our gas stations.
Which then gets marked up to $67 per barrel.
Later the gas stations add their gouges and taxes.
Last quarter the oil industry had a $34 BILLION profit... yes PROFIT.
That's the PROFIT, not overhead payout money, etc.
So, who wouldn't be happy to have gas at $1.50 / gallon?
The dudes with $34 Billion in their pockets.
They would only make $17 Billion PROFIT PER QUARTER if that happened!
That would be only $68Bil per year profit, compared to $136B.
When talking to an 'oil tycoon' all he could say was:
"how much would it cost for a gallon of Scope MouthWash?"
and
"You can't go to the movies for $.50 anymore either."
Fuck no, i can barely afford to start my car in the morning let alone drive to the theater.
Well i started another gas thread, im sorry.
We all know how high the prices are, and they won't be coming down any time soon, but i found this information very informing and maybe you will too ;)
And WTF Bob Denver died!
$67 per barrel - 94% is $4.02
>>OH my 300th post! :ph34r:

Proud to be an...errr .... upcoming canadian.
I could care less if gas was $4.50 a gallon US$ in Canada, at least i wouldn't have to say 'yep, that's our president.'
Now i just have to learn how to speak Canadian,
I think it's aboot time eh?

Originally posted by VTECin5th@Sep 7 2005, 05:27 AM
Now i just have to learn how to speak Canadian,
I think it's aboot time eh?
[post=550560]Quoted post[/post]​

and watch trailer park boys religiously :lol:

gas prices suck...I'm glad I dont have a car right now.

I voted for him.. Still stand behind him.

Gas prices went up.. BOO FUCKING HOO... if you can't afford it, go buy a bike.

I think bush does a great job as president. You CANT do everything right, there are two sides to everything. We invaded Afganistan.. Anti-war groups are crying out loud, **bring our boys home** **WAAAAA** But I would be bitching if we DIDN'T invade them. They fucking came over here and started shit..

Everything happens for a reason. If we were there for oil, don't you think the UN would step in and pwn us? They wouldn't stand by while we pillaged small countries for oil...

The anti-war protesters are fucking stupid. They point fingers at bush.. they're like "he has no exit strategy, blah blah" Well no shit.. he didn't have an "enter" strategy untill they crashed aircraft into our buildings... Back then everyone was like "GO GET EM BUSH! FUCK EM UP!!" so he does it, and now everyone is all "WAAAAA.. wwwaaaaaa"

Fuck them. Fuck you if you think like them.

Last time I checked, nobody was complaining too much about Afghanistan - it was the completely unprovoked invasion and now occupation of Iraq that people don't like. For good reason if you ask me,.

Originally posted by phyregod@Sep 7 2005, 10:25 AM

I think bush does a great job as president. You CANT do everything right, there are two sides to everything. We invaded Afganistan.. Anti-war groups are crying out loud, **bring our boys home** **WAAAAA** But I would be bitching if we DIDN'T invade them. They fucking came over here and started shit..

Everything happens for a reason. If we were there for oil, don't you think the UN would step in and pwn us? They wouldn't stand by while we pillaged small countries for oil...

The anti-war protesters are fucking stupid. They point fingers at bush.. they're like "he has no exit strategy, blah blah" Well no shit.. he didn't have an "enter" strategy untill they crashed aircraft into our buildings... Back then everyone was like "GO GET EM BUSH! FUCK EM UP!!" so he does it, and now everyone is all "WAAAAA.. wwwaaaaaa"

[post=550621]Quoted post[/post]​

wow. I don't know if you are confusing actions in Afganistan and Iraq simply to get your point across, or because you just dont know there is a difference.

Fuck you if you think, like them

I think that suits your attitude better.

Originally posted by phyregod@Sep 7 2005, 11:25 AM

of course you did. you're from rural texas-- a lifestyle that he targeted in his campaign.

its not about the prices. i really don't care... its the fact that he's profiting from it that pisses me off.

I think bush does a great job as president. You CANT do everything right, there are two sides to everything.

couter point:

I think bush does a shit job as president. he CANT do anything right, there are two sides to everything.

everything he tries, he takes too long to do.

What ever happened to his great plan for social security reform? it seems to have just disappeared from the news....

We invaded Afganistan.. Anti-war groups are crying out loud, **bring our boys home** **WAAAAA** But I would be bitching if we DIDN'T invade them. They fucking came over here and started shit..

and we STILL can't find osama, yet, he charted private flights home for his mom and sisters or some shit on 9/12 or 9/13 when no american could fly.

its BS.

its propaganda.

and you fell for it, like millions of other americans who have their heads in their ass or their blinders on.

I don't think 99% of America even knows WHY we're at war. I know I don't.
I THOUGHT it was to defeat the Al queda terrorist group, no?

suddenly, we're in Iraq.... Sudaam Husein is back into the picture... he's captured, osama bin laden falls out of the news.

what's REALLY happening here? does ANYONE know?

The war on terror turned into the war against communism and the pressing of our democratic ways in Iraq.

I'm neither against, nor for, the war. It really doesn't bother me that we're AT war-- but at the same time, i think we're not fighting the right war.

we practically ARE the UN. and why do you think that when we declared war on iraq that we had NO support.

like i said before, i have no problem with being at war.

but it helps when you're fighting the right group.

people are pissed because the fuckers that " crashed aircraft into our buildings " are NOT the same people we are currently at war with.

you're missing it dude...

Originally posted by phyregod@Sep 7 2005, 10:25 AM

Didn't you read my warning before ? I said if you're a conservative that it's dangerous to be here !

I agree with you buddy, but I also agree with Vtecin5th. Yes, our current president is from the oil industry, and is making the oil industry incredibly rich, and he is doing it for an evil purpose - BUT I am ok with this because I believe it will turn out for the better in the long run.

Same with Halliburton - Because when a company like this grows to be THAT huge at some point it will fall - And when it falls, thousands of companies across the country will open up to take over their contracts and dropped business.

Mahatma Gandhi said: "When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it - always."

And it's so very true. So yes - I agree that our president is evil - But I also think that he's the best thing for our country right now. And I feel, still today, that John Kerry was just as evil - Only not as good for our country. So my vote went with Bush.

Why can't we all realise that NONE of these people are any good. They are ALL scheisters and money grubbing fiends - And instead work on changing it ?

And don't say that you do change it, because 80% of this forum is part of the problem :)

-> Steve

Also, B: I seriously need to sit down with you and explain this stuff. I've explained it several times online,and it doesn't seem to sink in.

Originally posted by Celerity@Sep 7 2005, 12:16 PM
Also, B: I seriously need to sit down with you and explain this stuff. I've explained it several times online,and it doesn't seem to sink in.
[post=550671]Quoted post[/post]​

explain all you want...

you're simply wrong.

and hence, the two parties were formed.

for the record, i'm an independant.

Brian-

Historically the middle east will be a warring point in the world weather it be United States in Iraq for oil or the French and the English durring the crusades in Jerusalem . I would agree on some points that it is not a right war. But just and needed yes. I think the middle east needs some closet cleaning and no one over there has the power to do so. Isreal will most likly go into Iran soon enough is what i think and the war will errupt just that much more . If that dosnt spell it out (wwIII) ... Bush i voted him cause id like to say kerrys is a political idiot as well but who represented alot of shit i would rather not !

Originally posted by b204dr@Sep 7 2005, 09:25 AM
Brian-

Historically the middle east will be a warring point in the world weather it be United States in Iraq for oil or the French and the English durring the crusades in Jerusalem . I would agree on some points that it is not a right war. But just and needed yes. I think the middle east needs some closet cleaning and no one over there has the power to do so. Isreal will most likly go into Iran soon enough is what i think and the war will errupt just that much more . If that dosnt spell it out (wwIII) ... Bush i voted him cause id like to say kerrys is a political idiot as well but who represented alot of shit i would rather not !
[post=550675]Quoted post[/post]​

YOU THINK the middle east needs some cleaning?

Okay, but what delusion makes you think WE have the RIGHT TO DO IT?

Originally posted by Celerity@Sep 7 2005, 11:15 AM
Didn't you read my warning before ? I said if you're a conservative that it's dangerous to be here !

[post=550667]Quoted post[/post]​

It is not at all that he is conservative, just that he is wrong about this. Some conservatives are great, and within the context of out liberal democracy can (keyword, can) help bring about a balance that works out to everyone's benefit. Personally, reading the work of Fredrich Hayek, a liberal (though in the classic sense), challenged my political and economic beliefs. Since I've had to rethink some of my ideas. Unfortunatly the bulk of both parties is made up of tv news watching sheep, and Phyregod's misunderstanding between the war in Iraq and Afganistan is the problem, not the fact that he may possess a conservative ideology. Though, truth be told, I respect economically conservative libratarians much more than i do modern republicans.

no one on this board makes enough money to be a rebulican.

seriously, unless your rich, the party is not in your best interest

Why can't we all realise that NONE of these people are any good. They are ALL scheisters and money grubbing fiends

indeed...

i;m just waiting for the days when the working man reclaims his rights...

no-one gets rich without stabbing someone in the back or doing an injustice to a lesser individual to further their goals...

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Sep 7 2005, 12:37 PM

YOU THINK the middle east needs some cleaning?

Okay, but what delusion makes you think WE have the RIGHT TO DO IT?
[post=550683]Quoted post[/post]​

Well since were expected to help in every major crissis in the world and donate charitably why the hell not let it be us granted with supervision and help from other countries -
I would place this in the if you have the ability to help or change some thing would you - for me yes i would

-brian - never said you did vote for kerry but just voicing why i voted bush !

I do believe that Phyregod is correct in his Afghanistan / Iraq nomenclature here. Read it again.

We did not invade Iraq in response to anyone calling for it - Nor did we do it in response to 9/11. We did it in response to threats of violence. We invaded Afghanistan to crush Al Quaida - And while we're not done yet, we did do an effective job. In fact, we did an unprecedented job - Winning a war in the Balkans. With minimal casualty on either side. Bravo.

The UN did get on our cases in both circumstances: But I don't care. In UN history, we would have waited 2 years until Iraq actually mounted an attack on US soil. Instead, we said "Fuck your waiting and committees, something must be done now" And we were right :)

George bush WANTS cheap oil in the US. It's in his best interests, as President and as an oil tycoon / sociopath :) Dare I say, your goals are similar.

-> Steve

Back