IBM Thinkpad R31 Laptop. P3 1.1ghz, 512mb ram

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ScrapinSi

I have an old laptop that I got awhile back... Here are the specs on it...

IBM Thinkpad R31
Model 2656-3fu
PIII-M 1.13GHz (512KB),
128MB RAM,
20.0GB HDD,
13.3 XGA(1024x768) TFT LCD,
8x4x24x CD-RW,
802.11b wireless(MPCI),
Modem(MPCI),
Ethernet,
TV out,
Li-Ion battery,
WinXP Home

Now, I had upgraded it to XP Pro, but the HD puked... I THINK it still has the CDRW in it... Although it might have a DVD drive in it... I'll have to check later on... Pop in a new HD, install an OS and your good to go... Need cash, and this has been sitting around. Drop a $50 Hard Drive into it and you have yourself a $500 laptop for $275.

laptop1.jpg

laptop2.jpg

laptop3.jpg

laptop4.jpg

How is the battery life? Where can I buy the new HDD from? I wasnt aware you could upgrade laptops like a desktop. Does it come with a power cable or anything?

No trades...

I'm trying to find the power supply for it. I know I can get one from work... They have spares...

Depending if you were using the CD/DVD drive or not, and screen brightness, it would get anywhere from 2-3 1/2 hours on a charge... Unlike my new thinkpad G series, that is LUCKY to get 2 hours... But thats what I get for ordering a laptop with a desktop processor and three cooling fans... :(

somebody accused this laptop of being stolen due to the blurred serial number... Its not blurred... its just faded away... here's one I tried to clean up in photoshop of the serial...
serial.jpg

The serial is AK-VA7TX

Originally posted by ScrapinSi@Aug 18 2005, 07:19 AM
somebody accused this laptop of being stolen due to the blurred serial number... Its not blurred... its just faded away... here's one I tried to clean up in photoshop of the serial...
serial.jpg

The serial is AK-VA7TX
[post=541718]Quoted post[/post]​

even if it was stolen it couldn't be traced in indiana LOL 275? and you are getting a power supply and all it needs is a new HD correct? you sure it doesn't need a new processor or motherboard?

Yeah, its the hard drive... I got a power supply for it last night. The hard drive doesn't spin up.

Gimme $200 and its yours. I'll give you the "I'm broke I drive an Audi" discount. :)

doesn't look good.

I should have some extra cash tomorrow. I paid that shit yesterday.

wMTAzNzU4NzZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

I'll give you $200 for it right now. Since I kinda got screwed out of it there....guess I missed this thread when it got some replies..... :(

PM me man with your paypal info, so we can get this on.

Back