iBook deal turns into iRiot

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Sabz5150

FALCON PUNCH!!!
I was there, and it was sheer insanity! Henrico PD had *FIVE* cops there to control what I am guessing was over six thousand people!

For those who dont know what this is, Henrico Schools gave students iBooks for school as a pilot program for four years. Now, they are moving to Dell laptops and selling off 22,000 iBooks for 50 bucks a piece to Henrico residents, 1000 laptops at a time.

Today was one of those sales and there was a line that stretched as far as the eye can see. The plan was to let in the cars that were lined up to get in (only a limited amount of cars were allowed), then the line was allowed in. The INSTANT the gate was opened for the cars, everybody rushed the line. People got knocked over, trampled, hit with chairs, punched, kicked, some people tried driving THROUGH the crowd, it was a riot scene. Its hit CNN, Slashdot and several other news sites.

Links:

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/08/16/computer....y.ap/index.html

http://hardware.slashdot.org/hardware/05/0...80&tid=98&tid=3

Oh yeah, a pic!

iriot.jpg

I did my share of running, but I didn't go apeshit and trample people. Once I saw the situation get REAL BAD, I grabbed my girl and left. It wasnt worth it.

So on my list of things to do... be in the middle of a riot... check.

lol, punching someone during a riot is a victimless crime.

This post just made my day. It would be sooo cool to have a picture like the one you posted, with your head sticking out of a crowd in a riot. Thats priceless man.
:D :D :D :D

and i thought you lived in cali... :shrug2:

anyway, wtf are you going to do with a 4yr old ibook? thats a g3 os9 right? fucking useless if you ask me...

and well, va is a red state... what did you expect? classy folk?

This thread needs to be pinned, seriously. At least for a week.

I'm laughing my ass off here... "Sabz is famous!"

I love the look on people's faces.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Aug 16 2005, 10:22 PM
and i thought you lived in cali... :shrug2:

anyway, wtf are you going to do with a 4yr old ibook? thats a g3 os9 right? fucking useless if you ask me...

and well, va is a red state... what did you expect? classy folk?
[post=540962]Quoted post[/post]​

My girl needs a simple laptop for college. Just needs to have word processing and web access via wifi. Anything in the 50 dollar range on ebay is gonna be shit.

22,200 iBooks for sale at $50ea and there was a riot? You'd have a hard time getting people to show up here.

Awesome picture though.

Back