idle problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hfiend

ok so my 93 coupe idles funny like it does it in the mornings it does it if it sat for 30 minutes it idles jumping between 1500-2500 rpms and loud like if i was pressing the gas it drives fine tho i tought maybe a loose hose some where or the idle sensor i just dont kno i dont want to start pulling things apart without reasonable opinions and suggestions

its the fast idle valve, easy to fix, under the throttle body there is a unit w 3 10mm bolts. detach it on the back side u will see 2 screws and a bronze plate.. take screws out and you will see a butterfly plastic screw inside turn that clockwise till it stops <i use a flat tip screw driver> and replace everything it will solve youre problem.. guaranteed... email me at nikkoh22@yahoo.com if you still have trouble.....

its the fast idle valve, easy to fix, under the throttle body there is a unit w 3 10mm bolts. detach it on the back side u will see 2 screws and a bronze plate.. take screws out and you will see a butterfly plastic screw inside turn that clockwise till it stops <i use a flat tip screw driver> and replace everything it will solve youre problem.. guaranteed... email me at nikkoh22@yahoo.com if you still have trouble.....

very likely, but not the first thing you should try.
thats why i asked what it does after 30 minutes, cuz it could just be warming up.
and in my car, you dont have to take the fitv off to do that, i just unscrew the plate and pop it off.

Or just get in ya car and slowly shift threw the gears driving a mile or so? that works 2 haha!

Back