If you can't drive your own car...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Fuck that. Some of the best drivers I know are 60.

They can make them all they want, I won't drive them. Make a mower that cuts my lawn. I'd be interested in that.

They can make them all they want, I won't drive them. Make a mower that cuts my lawn. I'd be interested in that.

Yes.....edges and sweeps too. I'd buy that for a dollar!!!! (ROBOCOP)

I didn't think you were crazy. But it's WAY more sublime.

"they" want us to stop moving about, and "they" are going to do it by making it prohibitively expensive, and us totally poor.

For instance : Another CNN article today states certain areas in California (Where all tyranny begins) are now making 4 gallon minimum purchases of E15 pumps.

the EPA has passed this. No vote, no nothing. The idea is that any station that pumps both E10 and E15 (Which is total garbage) has 4 gallons in the filter and tube. (If you're a biker, you know this. And you won't pump hightest from a single-spiggot pump, because the clown before you used junk fuel - And you won't get a drop of high-test from the tube that you paid for)

What does this mean ? That means no more lawnmowers. No bikes or scooters. you'll have to fill a 5 gallon, then take it home and refuel in your driveway.

They did this because high fuel prices encourage motorcycles and scooter use. They WANT us all on public transportation. (Seen the push to make public transport cool lately ? Yeah, that's how they do it.). They WANT people on food stamps, and they WANT people to stay out of national forests and parks.

And you can all laugh at me, or whatever - But this is Agenda 21.

I wish you would make a thread with every single one of your ideas/thoughts in it. @ Cel

I completely disagree.

You know why public transportation works? The volume of 60 cars vs 1 bus.

I wish you would make a thread with every single one of your ideas/thoughts in it. @ Cel
Celerity Random Thought Generator. Now with .0006% more funny stuff !
I completely disagree.

Yeah, but It's not like I get in my car at 3rd street, and then suddenly some black crackhead jumps out of my back seat and tries to grab my fucking junk on 7th.

I'm not getting on no fucking bus. I ride the subway in NYC. That's bad enough. Know what happens when and wherever a black removes his shirt ? I do. Some surly shithead singing at the top of his lungs about how he wants to kill whites ? yeah. Public transportation = public housing. We all know what happens and who is responsible.

I completely disagree.

I'm all for getting the cattle off of the road. Leave the roads for us people that actually enjoy driving. If I had a convenient way to get to work taking pubic transportation I would. But currently, I'd have to drive to the bus station, park there (probably come back to no car (stolen)), wait for a bus, ride the bus, then walk to work after getting there. Probably take at least twice as long as driving to work. Why take public transportation when I can drive?

Also, cars cost just as much as public transport. it's not cheaper at all. It's not about helping the people, it's not about ecology, its about taking money from people.

Feh. I'm not having it.

I've always wondered this. Why exactly is it illegal to murder another person? If you KNEW that it was possible to get shot and killed everywhere you went at anytime, I'm pretty sure it would breed much nicer more friendly people.

I'm all for getting the cattle off of the road. Leave the roads for us people that actually enjoy driving. If I had a convenient way to get to work taking pubic transportation I would. But currently, I'd have to drive to the bus station, park there (probably come back to no car (stolen)), wait for a bus, ride the bus, then walk to work after getting there. Probably take at least twice as long as driving to work. Why take public transportation when I can drive?

Traffic. Try getting to bellevue between 7 and 6 from anywhere that isn't 3 miles away. You'll hit major traffic.

A lot of the workforce is located up north, west and south of here. It's amazing the drive time in a carpool lane vs the main. At least 2x the travel time.

While this was a neat read, and a good thread, it is being derailed with indulgence in Celerity. Something I was hoping it'd avoid because of the polarizing ideas.

Traffic. Try getting to bellevue between 7 and 6 from anywhere that isn't 3 miles away. You'll hit major traffic.

A lot of the workforce is located up north, west and south of here. It's amazing the drive time in a carpool lane vs the main. At least 2x the travel time.

I drive in the carpool everyday... I carpool with Brittany, we work only a few miles apart. We get on the freeway at a carpool on ramp and get off the freeway at a car pool off ramp. Our drive everyday is about 20 minutes. If we don't car pool it takes about 30-40 minutes otherwise.

I drive in the carpool everyday... I carpool with Brittany, we work only a few miles apart. We get on the freeway at a carpool on ramp and get off the freeway at a car pool off ramp. Our drive everyday is about 20 minutes. If we don't car pool it takes about 30-40 minutes otherwise.

Exactly why I bus it. I don't have a carpooler. If I did, I'd get a sweet spot too.

Even if there was a bus, i probably wouldn't take it. I'd have to get up earlier, wait for the bus, leave the car at the lot, etc etc as above, and then, if a meeting goes late, i miss my bus home, and now i'm fucked. its just all around a pita.

I'm not getting on no fucking bus. I ride the subway in NYC. That's bad enough. Know what happens when and wherever a black removes his shirt ? I do. Some surly shithead singing at the top of his lungs about how he wants to kill whites ? yeah. Public transportation = public housing. We all know what happens and who is responsible.
I think you just attract the shit dicks. I've been on the subway in NYC at all hours, in every borough. Other then being deafened by a mariachi band or have to tell a grifter to fuck off, it's almost always a pleasant experience. Hell, sometimes there is even "live theatre"!! I just keep to myself and laugh.

As far as the bus, from my area, it's waaayy cheaper. At least to NYC anyway. driving < train < bus. Hell, for the cost of a round trip bus ticket, you couldn't pay tolls and park in NYC, let alone gas and wear and tear on your car from city driving/parking.

But it also depends on the part. Brooklyn is about 2 hours from me by public, and there is on street parking there. Certain boroughs driving still trumps, but most of the city is much cheaper by public.

Sure, if you lived and worked in manhattan, owning a car is stupid.

but since that is true, as a car guy, living in manhattan is the pitts. unless of course you have the money to keep your car in a 50/day parking garage. covered in dust.

Back