Illuminas + GC Coilovers Bouncy as Hell

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Citizen_Insane

Last November I bought a set of Tokico Illuminas with GC coilovers on them from a user here on hondaswap. I just put the fronts on my car yesterday, and they seem REALLY bouncy. I've adjusted the stiffness from 1-5 and I can't tell any difference at all. They are set for a .5" drop, so I don't think its the springs. They should be 350lbs/in. I'm just worried that they shocks are blown <_<. Can anyone tell from the discription I've given? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Edit: I've also noticed an increase in wheel hop and my tires now squeek going arround almost ever corner (although this may be from my need of an allignment).

yea i run 500/400 rates, and the 3 setting on my shocks all the way around and it feels very solid. kinda bouncy on consecutive bumps or dips, but regular road driving is perfect :)

Don't think so, pretty sure it cost even if you are the original buyer.

Probably, but with the killer deals on ebay lately it would probably be cheaper to just bite the bullet and replace em.

That's true, while revalving is good for expenisve shocks, something in that price range would be better replaced.

WELL GOD FuCKING DAMNIT! I just fucking got these shocks on my car for the 1st time and they're fucking blown. Fuck you supersol93. Thanks for $400 down the drain.

/rant

Originally posted by Citizen_Insane@Jun 7 2005, 01:54 PM
WELL GOD FuCKING DAMNIT! I just fucking got these shocks on my car for the 1st time and they're fucking blown. Fuck you supersol93. Thanks for $400 down the drain.

/rant
[post=509105]Quoted post[/post]​

Is this guy still around? Do you still have his contact info? Can we get his IP???

I fucking hate when people do this shit.

All I can say is, beware of people who have almost 80% of their post in the classifieds.

I PM'ed and email him, but I doubt it'll do much good. I've had them since Nov and hadn't installed them until now, so I'm completely SOL as far as PayPal goes. The least I can do now is make sure he never sells on HS again.

Well, I got ahold of supersol93, and he claims they were just fine when he shipped them. He also claims they would have spilled oil everywhere if they were blown. Sounds like complete bs to me. I would guess that the Nitrogen valves are shot or something like that.

However, is there a chance that he is right, and that perhapse something else is screwed up? Would they bounce if the bumpstops were not correctly trimmed, or something? I just want to get the full picture and make sure that I'm right before I go harassing someone hardcore.

Why would they be leaking oil when they're gas shocks?

I don't know a lot about how shocks work, just the symptoms of busted ones.

They wouldn't be leaking oil everywhere if they were blown... shocks are a wear item. If you bought them used, they were probably at the end of their life.

Originally posted by Calesta@Jun 7 2005, 09:23 PM
They wouldn't be leaking oil everywhere if they were blown... shocks are a wear item. If you bought them used, they were probably at the end of their life.
[post=509371]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd:

Never buy used suspension components unless you KNOW who you're buying them from.

Back