i'm fucking fat

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

formby

learning in progress
so ive gained aprox 80lb...yes 80 motherfucking pounds...i want to go on a good diet and exersice program...but i dont know what to eat...i use to workout alot so i know very good routines. i'm just lazy....and i LOVE to eat man... my wife only weighs 105lb..and i weight 230-245...so i feel bad that she has a fat husband...

...i just wanted some advice into the foods that i should eat...i dont want to starve but i want nutritious foods...
i use to weight 180 and beched 250 at one point in my life (18)...but now IMFUCKINGFAT...thats right a FATASS.... :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

i know its funny but its serious....so keep the fat jokes to a minimum...lol

stay away from fried foods and foods loaded with fat and rediuclous amount of calories in relation to the portion size

Eat like grilled chicken, fish, steak is ok once in awile, turkey and chiken lunch meat, a burger 99% lean grilled once in a while won't kill you either....try to stay away from junk crap like ice cream and chips and candy bars....a salad is always a good idea.....

limit your portion size.i.e..instead of a full steak...eat half and a salad and later have some fruit or yogurt ....

have some grilled chicken with rice and corn

Turkey sandwhich no mayo 1 piece of cheese or better ye tno cheese with baked lays or fruit

do about an hour of cardio a day....a full hour...

stay away from soda...soda will make you fat.......drink water

ohh yeah brother...i liked it for a while...but my wife is smoking hot so i dont want any regrets....

i dont eat alot of candy but i love fried chicken and garlic mashed potatoes and fried plantains and lasagna...damn i'm hungry now...lol

Originally posted by corvetteguy@Jun 7 2005, 11:17 AM
stay away from fried foods and foods loaded with fat and rediuclous amount of calories in relation to the portion size

Eat like grilled chicken, fish, steak is ok once in awile, turkey and chiken lunch meat, a burger 99% lean grilled once in a while won't kill you either....try to stay away from junk crap like ice cream and chips and candy bars....a salad is always a good idea.....

limit your portion size.i.e..instead of a full steak...eat half and a salad and later have some fruit or yogurt ....

have some grilled chicken with rice and corn

Turkey sandwhich no mayo 1 piece of cheese or better ye tno cheese with baked lays or fruit

do about an hour of cardio a day....a full hour...

stay away from soda...soda will make you fat.......drink water
[post=509006]Quoted post[/post]​

thanks for the reply...i'll make a good food list...i'm going to start jogging today or tommorrow...whenever i finish the nos install.....i hope :blink:

In the latest issue of runners world, they have like 50 ways you can loose weight without trying, and aproximent amount of weight you'll loose a year if you keep up with it.

If you HAVE to go to a fast food joint, get a kids meal. Not only is it cheap as hell, there really isn't much calories in it (if you just have one) Remember, 40+ years ago before america was fat, that was the normal size fast food meal. If you look at food lables, you'll see that alot of the times the calorise and nution shit is for much smaller servings. Look at a 20oz gatorade. There is actually 2.5 serverings in there. If you go out to a resturant, most of those plates that you get are enough for 2 meals. Share a plate with your wife, or with a knife, split a line right down the middle and take the other half home.

Switch to water, diet pop (IMO taste like shit) or non sweetend Iced tea (it taste like shit when you first start drinking it, but you learn to crave it after a while) instead of pop. Pop is probally one of the worst things you can drink because it doesn't fill you up at all because what they now use for sugar in 99.9% of your sweetend drinks are High Frutose Corn syrup. This stuff is extremly cheap, has been linked to several diseses, and in your case (and america's) It makes you fat. This is because HFCS slows down the bodys feeling of being full. This is why you can drink a 64oz pop no problem, but if you drink that much water, you'll be in pain. Eleminating pop with a meal will also make you feel full quicker.

If your a drinker, go with what the cheerleaders drank. Hard alchol gets the job done with very few calories (remeber one beer is like eating one doughnut)

Run, bike (what ever style you perfer) or anything that you enjoy to get you moving.

Switch to low fat or no fat stuff. Most of the time, I really can't taste a diffrence. When you go to the store, do not buy snack food. I really don't like junk food that much, however, if its in the house, I will normally take a hand full or two. Little things like this add up to alot of callories at the end of the day.

Learn to experiment with diffrent spices and stuff. If you learn to prepare stuff right, you can end up with some stuff that tastes great. By doing this, if you think your no fat stuff taste plane, the spices defently make up for it.

Ok, I am big into working out and diet stuff. Always thought it would be cool to be a personal trainer, but I chose Science instead. So I help my friends out on the side. Plus I have learned alot about diet/exercise through working at GNC and boxing.

As far as the diet goes I would try and do the atkins thing. I know a lot of people talk shit about it but it works. I had to make weight for a fight once and I ate no carbs for a week and lost about 10 lbs. Granted I was jogging and doing my work-outs still but hey it was still 10 lbs. I just ate straight protein the whole time. Basically you can eat anything ya want except stuff with bread. I ate chicken, burgers, and vegetables. Mostly meat though. No rice/bread or anything like that. It's not a lifestyle, just a way to cut off some weight and get the ball rolling.

Now as far as the exercise thing goes there is a big misconception on the cardio thing. Cardio is great for burning calories AT THE TIME YOU ARE DOING IT. However, thats like a mental fix. What I mean is, people go in and do cardio and feel like they really did something. Which is good, however what you want to do is burn calories around the clock. For guys this is pretty easy. What ya want to do is increase the amount of muscle that you have. We do this by weight lifting. See, throught evolution our body sees muscle as the enemy and fat as our friend. This is because it takes a lot of protein and food to power all that muscle, even if you aren't doing anything. Whereas fat helps us out if there is a shortage of food by providing extra nourishment for the body, muscle just uses up extra calories. So if you can increase the amount of muscle you have your body will burn calories around the clock ultimately causing you to burn way more calories per day then doing a couple hrs of cardio a day. You can go to a gym/fitness club and they can usually tell you your body fat percentage and your amount of lean muscle. With that they can estimate the amount of calories you burn a day if you just laid in bed and did nothing, basically how many calories a day your muscle is consuming for simply existing. Last time I had mine checked they said I burn 1200 calories a day from doing nothing, so you can imagine that it's quite hard for me to put on weight.

So what do I suggest? Well you said you benched 250 at 180, which means you were reasonably strong at one point. What I think you need to do is start lifting again. For maximum results I would lift 5-days a week and after each work out session you could jog, stair-step, jump-rope, or use an elliptical trainer. For instance, on mondays I would do bi's & tri's (GUNS), Tues- Legs (whatever you wanna do), Wed- Chest (do flat, incline, & decline EVERY TIME, if you skip one you have to do butterfly's/pec dec/or cross-overs), Thurs- Back and Shoulders (I like doing Arnold presses, behind the neck presses, widegrip chin-ups/lat pull-downs and rows), Fri- Do extras, thats what I call em. Do like, calf-raises, fore-arms and sit-ups. Perhaps some cardio here and I work out guns again simply because no matter what the rest of your body looks like if you have a big bicep/tricep and flex most people will be impressed. Also in boxing it's good for intimidation and I happen to have good genetics for arms.

So... there ya have it. Thats what I personally would do. I have had quite a few friends foolow my advice and it worked for them. But remember, you're not going to lose weight unless YOU want to. Nobody can force ya to do anything. You have to get to the point where ya feel terrible if ya miss a day. I always think that if I miss a day its gonna cause me to lose my next match. That keeps me motivated. Plus when ya go swimming or play volleyball and ya take your shirt off for the first time in the summer, its all worth it. :p

but my wife is smoking hot

TTIWWOP

as far as food i can recommned...

tuna(in water), fish, turkey, and chicken...

and cook it on an open flame grill, or a forman grill....
not in a pan, or fried...

eat 6 times a day, before you get hungry...

you getting hungry = wanting to eat = over eating...

eat slowly as it takes a while for the full signal to get from your stomach to your head...

lots of vegetables and fruit...

nothing that comes in a plastic bag with bright colors, or in a little plastic wrapper...
if you can't name the plant or animal it came from, don't eat it...

if it comes from a sugar machine, don;t eat it...

and fuck a lot...

hour of cardio is a lot more fun if you;re fucking instead of running...

Originally posted by reckedracing@Jun 7 2005, 01:09 PM

eat 6 times a day, before you get hungry...

you getting hungry = wanting to eat = over eating...

Its not only that. When you have food in you, your matoblism speeds up to process it. However, when there isn't anything in there, your matablolism slows down. This is why annorexic people can go like a month without eating anything and the rate at which they lose lbs slows down a shit load. When you go a long time between meals, your body is preparing to get starved, so it slows down the rate at which it brakes food down. if you eat alot of small meals, your matabolism never slows down, thus instead of storeing those calorise, it can use them imediately for energy.

i think we should have the hondaswap weight loss challenege. winner gets a free sticker or something... lol lord knows im due to loose 50 lbs myself :(

i was 185 in 2001.
im about 255 now.

the big difference for my lifestyle now, is that i have money now. in 2k1, i was a broke college kid. i ate like a pak or two of ramen a day, and that was about it.
i also slept twice as much, thus, limiting my eating time :p when you're up longer, you want to eat more.

as i type this, i'm full as fuck from just finishing a huge chicken parm dinner. lol ate the whole damn thing.
thats my problem.
i was more than satisfied when i was liek half way through it... but i just kept on eating it any way. i do that all the time. if its in front of me, chances are i'll finish it.
i really don't eat junk food or candy, or snack, or even eat chips hardly at all. i just eat too damn much in one sitting.
so now, i'll go ahead and not have dinner cuz i won't be hungry.
but come 11-12 oclock, i'll be hungry, and so i'll make somethign to eat before bed... and thats even worse.
i KNOW i do it all wrong... i just, stopped caring i guess. whats the point? for girls? fuck them... they drive me nuts anyway. if they don't like my tubby ass, then i don't want them any way. for my self? i could give a shit less. for my health? i smoke. being fat won't kill me any quicker...

I'd love to be 180 again....and so would my wife....she'd love it if I was skinny just like the day we met....

but she doesn't know that she cooks soo good...and then some of the stress I have...the beer flows...and the cigg's light up....

when I got back from Japan...I was 240...this morning I was 233...if I take a dump...it sometimes goes to 231...

this summer I hope to sweat alot on the yard, and the cars...and over helicopters at night...it's already getting hot in the hanger...

Plus my light weight cars will run faster if I lost my fat ass....think of the gas milage?!?!?!?!?!?! :ph34r:

I'm hoping to cut down on my soda intake and start biking this summer. Assuming I can afford a bike.

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Jun 7 2005, 01:52 PM
I'm hoping to cut down on my soda intake and start biking this summer. Assuming I can afford a bike.
[post=509066]Quoted post[/post]​

Ebay owns for that. You can find good bikes (better then most manufactors entry level bikes) for the same price if not less then a new entry level bikes.

exercising in the morning helps tremendously, i have been doing it since i can remember for wrestilng.

Now at least 3 days a week before work i do my workout at the gym and run. The rest of the time i go at night, but it kicks up your metabolism and anything you eat for breakfast gets used and burned up, therefore not storing any for fat.

Also ive found that lifting weights burns more calorie's/fat than cardio work in it self. Now its better to do both, but lifting weights really does work for losing fat if your doing it right.]

You might think that because your getting up early to work out is going to make you tired for the rest of the day, but i feel so much more alert when i work out in the morning compared to when i just roll out of bed and head to work.

but all this working out is useless with a shitty diet. Just like when your getting something for your car, research. the web is filled with useful information about this kinda stuff.

and for reference And i am 5'8" and a solid 150-155

this morning I was 233...if I take a dump...it sometimes goes to 231...

LMFAO!!!

thats a HUGE turd...

and there's nothing wrong with walmart bikes... they might be heavier, but you're using it to get in shape... throw a sack of cement on your back and go riding... take it off and you'll think its the best bike in the world...

i also slept twice as much, thus, limiting my eating time when you're up longer, you want to eat more.

WERD on that one...

i was more than satisfied when i was liek half way through it... but i just kept on eating it any way. i do that all the time. if its in front of me, chances are i'll finish it.
i really don't eat junk food or candy, or snack, or even eat chips hardly at all. i just eat too damn much in one sitting.
so now, i'll go ahead and not have dinner cuz i won't be hungry.
but come 11-12 oclock, i'll be hungry, and so i'll make somethign to eat before bed... and thats even worse.
i KNOW i do it all wrong... i just, stopped caring i guess. whats the point? for girls? fuck them... they drive me nuts anyway. if they don't like my tubby ass, then i don't want them any way. for my self? i could give a shit less. for my health? i smoke. being fat won't kill me any quicker...

some people advise that you get a doggy bag/box with your meal...
put half away to take with you...
american protions are HUGE, and thus americans get huge...

i;m not a great example here either...
i tend to not be hungry all day, so i don't eat all day, then i drink, smoke etc and do all my eating during my relax time before bed... horrible lifestyle...

just eat a can of tuna every 2 hours...
lol

TTIWWOP what does this mean.....

B, i'll take you on that HS weight loss challenge... BTW i'm just like B...i eat late and alot in one sitting...thats my problem....i need to learn to stop eating after 7pm...

as for the atkins thing i did that and i lost weight HOWEVER...when i stopped doing it, i gained 2x as much ..because i started eatin bread and stuff like that again (my fault)....

this is what i've decided......

i'm going to use the BODY for LIFE work out routine.(one of the best routines of all time)..and increase my protein and lower my carb intake...i'm making a list of foods that are healthy and ill take it to the market everytime i go..
i'm going to take a pic tonight...and i'm goping to blow it up and put it on my bathroom mirror for motivation...

my wife tells me that she doesnt care but damn, i'm fat...lol

thanks for all the info guys.. any thing else???

It's all about the calories you take in vs. the calories you burn. Don't worry about fat, carbs, etc.

I may not agree with most of New2TheCarScene's political standpoints, but he was dead on in this quote:

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene@Nov 16 2004, 03:42 PM
Its all about how many calories you take in a day, not how many grams of carbs or fat. If you want to lose weight, you cut calories. If you cut calories you'll lose weight, if you eat exactly what you burn, you'll stay the same, and if you eat in excess than you'll gain weight....thats the facts of life.
[post=417804]Quoted post[/post]​

Back