I'm going back to school?....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

VTECin5th

Administrator
Yea so I'm going back to school this year or next year, whenever i can.
I called ITT Tech and they are sending me some information packet crap blah blah.
My plan was to move to Michigan this month near Halloween, set up my life out there with some part time work and live with family (All of which is out there). [Right now i live in Phoenix with my mom.]
Spend time with the Family, old grandparents, growing cousins and neices etc.
So basically i have been trying to save up $ and it doesn't work too well for me, i pay alot of bills.
Boo hoo, who doesn't right?
So i've got like $1g saved up and I'm gettin ready to put in my two weeks notice at work next friday.
Well my mom (who is on Vacation in Michigan), just won her disability lawsuit!
Great news for me, after 2.5 years of paying the bills I am almost done paying hers too!
Well they send her a retroactive check for $15k after lawyer fees blah blah blah.
Well, they sent her check to her old bank account, where she owed $2200 for a car loan (which i couldn't afford to pay for her+more important bills).
So this credit union (Desert Schools) decided they would pay themselves off with it, since it was direct deposited into her 'inactive for too long' closed down account.
So they took $5,000 and i don't know why yet, as she is still on vacation, beh.
Anyways, she knows that when i get ready to do stuff i just do it, no regrets, kinda spontaneously, so she immediately calls me and says "Don't leave yet!"
So I'm like :cry:
She wants me to stay here because her lawyers told her that they can *MOST LIKELY* get me some money since i have been the primary care provider (for a long time).
Sure, yay, woohoo, money is great, we are poor... except i don't want to stay here anymore.
I can't even park my car anywhere, they keep trying to steal it god damnit, and they already got my GF's car last month!
I want to go get my schooling started now....
What the hell, i was kicked out of high school, is it even possible to get in here on hopefully a partial grant?
I do have my GED.
I'm positive i can pass reading/writing/math/science tests and all that crap.
Anyone know anything about ITT Tech other than the website?
Anyone ever go to one, or hear anything good/bad about them?
I'm pretty sure i'm going to stay here until around late november now, and then move.
This sucks, but if anyone has any info on ITT Tech or reviews about it (personal preferred, not googled)
That'd be pretty useful.
Damn, i NEVER thought i'd be going back.
TIA

just remember, you can't run away from your fears or you problems.

you can't drown them either.

nor, can you smoke them out.

they are your shadow... where you go, they go.

:ji: tried this, and we all know that it didn't work.

Quoted post[/post]]
just remember, you can't run away from your fears or you problems.

you can't drown them either.

nor, can you smoke them out.

they are your shadow... where you go, they go.

:ji: tried this, and we all know that it didn't work.
I'm not trying to run persay, i just need a change.
I'm young, poor and live in the ghetto, like so many others, but im choosing to take control and change things because i can now.
This is pretty much the only real IT school within 100 miles of where i will be staying while i'm there.
I could go to ITT out here, but i want to get out of here for awhile.
I'm coming back when I'm done with school, but I'm not staying in this neighborhood.

Quoted post[/post]]
phoenix has a ghetto?
Are you joking?
I hope so.
Phoenix in whole is a giant ghetto.
It's the surrounding areas that are 'nice places'.
Glendale, Apache Junction, Chandler, Mesa, etc etc etc.
If you follow all the actual Phoenix city lines, the entire city is piss.

Do what you feel is best in your heart...
(I know that was corny)
It works 99.99% of the time.. and that way you have no regrets..

School has highs and lows... I can tell you that the paying bills wont change - Tuition.. but that way you can get a steady job when u get ur degree

Quoted post[/post]]
Do what you feel is best in your heart...
(I know that was corny)
It works 99.99% of the time.. and that way you have no regrets..

School has highs and lows... I can tell you that the paying bills wont change - Tuition.. but that way you can get a steady job when u get ur degree
I agree, i AM going to move and i am going to school, im just wondering if ITT tech is a "good" place to start?
I need to get this stuff rolling now so i can get grant requests sent in and stuff.
Paying the bills may not change, but at least i'll be paying them for myself.
I'm the least selfish person i know, but jeez i want my own stuff/life.
Degree = :thumbsup:

Yeah for sure..
But getting some extra $$$ aint bad either before you actually start.. u know??

ur young........ got ur whole life ahead of u

And.... I dont know much about ITT but.. fake a communications certificate on ur resume.. and some media courses.. and i swear ur good to go..

Edit** along with ur degree

My buddy Graduated from ITT last year got a job right away in electronics..the co flew him out to germany for 3 months of training(no idea why there)....its freaking costly if i remember correctly was amost 18,000 for a year

If you have a chance to get out bro, get out. make shit tight. everyone has a point in their life where either choice will make an impact on their life. Shit it dont matter if you gotta take out loan after loan to pay for itt, always think of loans for school as an investment. i mean what would you rather be.... really answer this seriously... would you rather be rich and be a little in debt, cause believe when you hit that job that pays big bucks, these loans would be nothing to pay off..... thats choice one.
choice two, would you be poor and never in debt.
read my sig... make life worth living...... dont live paycheck by paycheck. good luck with everything. and trust me i know how you feel when it comes to making choices or just settling down. take the highroad. better money, better life, and more attractive women.

Quoted post[/post]]
Yeah for sure..
But getting some extra $$$ aint bad either before you actually start.. u know??

ur young........ got ur whole life ahead of u

And.... I dont know much about ITT but.. fake a communications certificate on ur resume.. and some media courses.. and i swear ur good to go..

Edit** along with ur degree
Yea my GF has the extra $$$.
She has $5k saved up for the move.
It will be roughly $500 just to drive out there.
Free rent anywhere with family ...
I will have my first mil by age 26.
Anyone who thinks i won't, j0o r teh wrong.

Quoted post[/post]]
If you have a chance to get out bro, get out. make shit tight. everyone has a point in their life where either choice will make an impact on their life. Shit it dont matter if you gotta take out loan after loan to pay for itt, always think of loans for school as an investment. i mean what would you rather be.... really answer this seriously... would you rather be rich and be a little in debt, cause believe when you hit that job that pays big bucks, these loans would be nothing to pay off..... thats choice one.
read my sig... make life worth living...... dont live paycheck by paycheck. good luck with everything. and trust me i know how you feel when it comes to making choices or just settling down. take the highroad. better money, better life, and more attractive women.
think about it

Quoted post[/post]]
My buddy Graduated from ITT last year got a job right away in electronics..the co flew him out to germany for 3 months of training(no idea why there)....its freaking costly if i remember correctly was amost 18,000 for a year
Yea, i'm lookin at ~$30k for 15 months....
No problem :cry:

oh yeah, ITT ain't no study-at-home school . It's the real deal, and when I hire or look at candidates, it's as considerable as any schooling (Except maybe MIT or CalTech, which I tend to hold really high because of their curriculum)

But ITT isn't shabby because it's real life. I've never met someone out of ITT who faked it. Whereas I have with places like Cornell or Rensalaer.

Quoted post[/post]]
Excellent point and theory on life. [thanks]
My GF is pretty as it is, i'm not worried about women tho.
I'd rather have an ugly ass girl who makes me happy, than the supermodel who is superficial.
I will be rich, someday .... i just wanna know if ITT is a _good_ choice compared to another school/institute?
I'm not sure whether i want to do:
Software Development, Network Security or WebDev.
I need that damn info movie/booklet/whatever it is.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Yea, i'm lookin at ~$30k for 15 months....
No problem :cry:
OUCH!!! pull the spiked hammer out of my nutz please

Quoted post[/post]]
oh yeah, ITT ain't no study-at-home school . It's the real deal, and when I hire or look at candidates, it's as considerable as any schooling (Except maybe MIT or CalTech, which I tend to hold really high because of their curriculum)

But ITT isn't shabby because it's real life. I've never met someone out of ITT who faked it. Whereas I have with places like Cornell or Rensalaer.
Excellence. :worthy:
I may also be able (probly) to get a job at Intel where my Brother-in-Law is working, doing different things, but this kid makes good money, too bad he can't handle it well :cry:

Back