I'm Gonna Be A Daddy!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

B16RacerN2NR

Working Hard
VIP
Just like the title says...my girl took 2 pregnancy test today and they both came out positive. She is going to go to the doctor on monday just to be 100% positive. So that means i need to get rid of my CRX and my Golf so i can get just one car to race and drive my child around in. I was thinking a 4 door GSR and going with a mild turbo set up but on the other hand i want a new car with warranty. so my price range is about 20k-25k...the car in mind right now is the new GTi. i really want an STi but it's out of my price range. any cars you guys could/would suggest? if i go the new car route, it has to be turbo, preferably AWD but it's not that big a deal. a used car is not an option unless it's a 4 door GSR.

damn i'm excited, any tips from the parents out there?

BTW- when i say tips, i don't mean stupid shit like "don't forget to teach him to grab girl's asses" or any other useless shit like that. :p

congrats man!!!!

my neighbor taught his kid to get him a beer.... tied a rope to the handle of the fridge so he could open it up.... hahhahaha

Originally posted by Iron 1@May 14 2005, 11:59 PM
congrats man!!!!

my neighbor taught his kid to get him a beer.... tied a rope to the handle of the fridge so he could open it up.... hahhahaha
[post=499388]Quoted post[/post]​

i said none of that shit lol...i will send your ecu monday morning...check your PM's

anyone else?

Originally posted by TWISTEDIMAGE@May 15 2005, 12:01 AM
congrats buy diapers now and keep buying them also forumula (sp)
and just be a man and be there for your kids
[post=499389]Quoted post[/post]​

well my mom works at a children's clinic so she been getting formula for years for my cousin's, aunt's, ect and best of all it free!!!! oh trust me, my dad was hardly ever there for me so this is my chance to not let that happen.

thanks guys...more congrats are welcome!! lol

congrats :)

step 1, buy him/her a recaro car seat :)

new 4-door turbo awd car for 20-25k? i can't think of a single one.

Congrats man. buy a used 02-04 WRX

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@May 15 2005, 12:59 AM
congrats :)

step 1, buy him/her a recaro car seat :)

new 4-door turbo awd car for 20-25k? i can't think of a single one.
[post=499413]Quoted post[/post]​

definately a Recaro car seat...good thought...doesn't have to be AWD, the new GTi is suppossed to start at 23k...so i'm kinda leaning towards that...

a used WRX would be nice, but for some reason it would piss me off that it's not an STi :(
if i were to get a used car it would most likely be an R32...i know someone out there can suggest a perfect car for me..do not say Mini Van lol

Well, apparently you have some money.

Problem solved.

step 1: Used WRX
step 2: STi engine, drivetrain
step 3: Give the kid a woody for fast cars at an early age

Originally posted by 2000Si@May 15 2005, 01:08 AM

Problem solved.

[post=499417]Quoted post[/post]​

wouldn't the STi motor and drive train cost me more to put in the WRX than to just buy an STi? i honestly don't know, never looked into that option.

what about a brand new Legacy? any thoughts?

Originally posted by B16RacerN2NR+May 15 2005, 01:13 AM-->
@May 15 2005, 01:08 AM

Problem solved.

wouldn't the STi motor and drive train cost me more to put in the WRX than to just buy an STi? i honestly don't know, never looked into that option.

[post=499419]Quoted post[/post]​

Nah. I know a guy that blew his EJ20 and found a running and in perfect condition EJ25 for around $800. The STi was rear ended and it messed up the differential/drivetrain, but he got the engine.

That's probably a fuckin crazy ass rarity and a hell of a find though.

Originally posted by 2000Si+May 15 2005, 01:16 AM-->
Originally posted by B16RacerN2NR@May 15 2005, 01:13 AM
2000Si
@May 15 2005, 01:08 AM

[post=499419]Quoted post[/post]​

Nah. I know a guy that blew his EJ20 and found a running and in perfect condition EJ25 for around $800. The STi was rear ended and it messed up the differential/drivetrain, but he got the engine.

That's probably a fuckin crazy ass rarity and a hell of a find though.
[post=499422]Quoted post[/post]​

yeah that's what i was thinking...
i think i found the candidate... http://www.subaru.com/shop/overview.jsp?mo...ommand=overview

i was talking to B on AIM and he said the Legacy wasn't turbo :ph34r: :p :lol:

a little out my price range but i think i could make it work.

more suggestions are welcome!

Originally posted by B16RacerN2NR@May 15 2005, 01:21 AM

i was talking to B on AIM and he said the Legacy wasn't turbo :ph34r: :p :lol:

a little out my price range but i think i could make it work.

more suggestions are welcome!
[post=499426]Quoted post[/post]​

:owned:

I don't think they were turbo'd up until this year though. :p

I say go for it man. 250 hp and AWD will make that a perfect sleeper when you start modifying it...

... and you know you will.

wait for a few months, dealers will definatley have some left overs or pre owned for about 25k if not less!!

this kid i sold a tranny to had his dads new legacy turbo and had a boost controller in it, we went for a ride and DAAAAYYYYUUMMMM BOOOYEEEEE that thing hauled. He said it could keep up with sti's on the highway.

Whne your kid starts talking, watch what you say, they are tape recorders. I mean it's funny hearing them scream "You fuckin' bitch, get out the road" But yea, mom doesn't think so.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@May 15 2005, 01:37 AM
Whne your kid starts talking, watch what you say, they are tape recorders. I mean it's funny hearing them scream "You fuckin' bitch, get out the road" But yea, mom doesn't think so.
[post=499434]Quoted post[/post]​

Good point John.

R32 is now out the question since i get get a new car for cheaper and faster, tho nothing looks prettier than the R32. I'm leaning towards the Legacy but the payment calculator says i could afford an STi...

2000Si: Yes, I know "I Will" lol we all do!!

Maybe I can get an A4 and have John get me an ECU? damn, so many options :ph34r:

Insurance isn't that big a deal, all my tickets will be off my record as of next month and i will have had my license for 3 years, so there's two deductions right there.

Let me know.....soon, I leave here in about a month and a half.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@May 15 2005, 01:50 AM
Let me know.....soon, I leave here in about a month and a half.
[post=499437]Quoted post[/post]​

not gonna get the car that soon...appreciate it...we all know you will go back sooner or later lol just like Clayton wants to stay in Japan

Back