Im new on doing the swap..

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

90RexHf

Well Im not quite new. I had a SOHC Si in my 90 Honda Crx Hf and it blew up.. So I took the motor out and just bought another one from a store for $300. Well week later now its mess up so I told them that and they are going to give me my money back cause it was a bad motor. But now.. I am fixing to buy a B16 for my Crx. How hard is it to swap it in my car? I know you have to beat it in the corner and shift leakage and motor munts and axles. I am buying a B16 from this guy here for $2500 with 20,000 miles on it cause he wrreck it and total his rex. but he is selling me everything full swap! So i figure thats a pretty good deal. Comes with everything. ecu etc.. But is there any where i can find out how to wire the vtec and oil pressure up and everything? im pretty sure i can put it in. shouldnt be that hard. I think you gotta have you ecu pin for vtec and what do i do about the oil pressure? I know alot of people done this swap so if you could help me out and give me some information.. thanks

Should i just get a vtec controller?

vtec wire
oil pressure
knock sensor
Are those the only ones i have to wire up? or is there more

i think you have to wire the o2 sensor too not sure but im selling a b16a complete swap for 2000 with some mods.....good luck.

Originally posted by BseriesKllR@Apr 3 2004, 06:03 PM
i think you have to wire the o2 sensor too not sure but im selling a b16a complete swap for 2000 with some mods.....good luck.

Where are you from? and how many miles on the motor? and its a complete swap?

ok dude, i can almost gaurentee that the engine has more than 20k miles on it. he may have only put 20k on it before he totaled his car, but you don't know how many were on it when he got it from the importer or wherever he got it. also, $2,500 isn't a good deal on a obd0 b16 swap. it's not a rip off if it comes with shift linkage and mounts along with the swap, but it's not a great deal. you can get a full b16 swap from hmotorsonline (best guys around, hands down) for $1,500 plus shipping. on top of that you'll need mounts and shift linkage ($350 for mounts and $50 for linkage). add shipping (figure $300) and you're at $2,200 shipped to your door for a very clean swap backed by a very reputible (sp?) importer. if i were you... that would be the way i would go.

Originally posted by kylemarhx@Apr 3 2004, 06:51 PM
ok dude, i can almost gaurentee that the engine has more than 20k miles on it. he may have only put 20k on it before he totaled his car, but you don't know how many were on it when he got it from the importer or wherever he got it. also, $2,500 isn't a good deal on a obd0 b16 swap. it's not a rip off if it comes with shift linkage and mounts along with the swap, but it's not a great deal. you can get a full b16 swap from hmotorsonline (best guys around, hands down) for $1,500 plus shipping. on top of that you'll need mounts and shift linkage ($350 for mounts and $50 for linkage). add shipping (figure $300) and you're at $2,200 shipped to your door for a very clean swap backed by a very reputible (sp?) importer. if i were you... that would be the way i would go.

Okay thanks.. but how hard is it to swap the motor in the car? and the wiring?

we actually finished doing a crx si w/ the b16, 1st swap we ever did, and tell you the truth most of the things that went wrong with the car we were able to fix by coming to this board. :worthy: Well, we didn't pay attention to banging that piece for the alternator so that was a problem, make sure you push that in far enough. We had to run 4 extra wires, vtec solenoid, knock sensor, vtec pressure and a 2nd oxygen sensor, and a ground wire had to be added. Find a better price on the swap, and to make your life easier get an si wire harness. If you need any help, just send me an email and I will try to help, good luck, when you're done the car the car is fun as hell to drive. :thumbsup:

hey sent you a pm......the complete swap comes with place racing mounts, modified shift linkage, engine harness although some connectors were broken because of accident, pr3 ecu, hubs, axles, y1 tranny, act 8.8lb flywheel, fairly new excedy clutch, and a short shifter.

I'm doing it right now and its kinda a bitch for someone like me who has done NO major car work before. Make sure you get a front brake/hub/knuckle conversion from a DX or SI CRX (you need to change them on the HF so that the new axles fit in the hubs)...if you get 90-96? Teg brakes/hubs/knuckles you will need new rims so that the bigger brakes will work. Thats what I learned this week!! Hoofuckingray....oh well.

^^^DO NOT BUY FROM OSAKA. THEY SUCK A LOT!!!!! BUY FROM HMOTORSONLINE.COM

You can also use Civic DX Hubs as well. Just do that, because it doesnt mess with camber.

Originally posted by HondaMoCo@Apr 4 2004, 03:00 PM
Civic Dx hubs will not work, CRX dx/std hubs will work though.

Thats funny, my friend did the b16 swap in his hatch, yea CIVIC HATCH and stuck with the DX hubs. Hmmmm?

Teg ones work too, but you'll need bigger rims to clear the bigger calipers.

DX ones should work, I am almost 100% the dx/si parts are the same. I think he was thinking of the civic std.

Originally posted by rushcrx@Apr 4 2004, 06:36 PM
spodab1 you are right also si hubs will work thats what I used and my camber isnt off.

I think I got it down pretty much... I am going to start pulling my motor out thursday and hopefully everything will go through smooth... Putting it in wont be hard. Im just kinda scare about hooking up things right.. but i pretty sure i can do it... I think i just have to get some si hubs thats all... How long you think it might take? J/w... I got everything do pretty much.. like oxygen sensor and knock sensor and vtec wire has to be wire up rigth?? did i miss something?

it's just like any other swap y0, it'll take at least 8 hours give or take depending on the wiring situation. But, good luck.

Back