I'm Pissed! Can I Get A Straight Answer

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

ovcrash

Ok!
I have a Civic 1997 Hatchback, i wanna do a H22A JDM Swap. But the problem is that i have been going around on the net reading stuff and learning stuff about that swap. I heard people that made the swap and drove the car, because it was there's, after the swap the car was crappy and the handling was horrible, not being able to drive it daily, and other people are saying that this swap is excellent and that the car handless great. So here i wanna know what is true and what is false, did any one on this forum did the swap for there car and what do they think about it ?? I wanna do this swap because i wanna kick some little 1.8 vtec motor out there, you know the little sticky 16yo guy that dad bought them the all modified car and there happy with 180hp in the little 90 civic. Anyways don't what nobody to get pissed at me, that's just me. So before any one says anything, when i'm gonna do my H22A swap (if i do it) i'm gonna put lowering springs, with my stock shox, and gonna put strut bars all around. So please tell me, with my suspension and strut bars around, will my Civic 1997 Hatchback with a H22A handle like shit or will i be able to daily drive the car to work and beach and cinema..etc...

So please can i have a straight, exact answer, from so people who did it, or mecanics that drove a Civic HB 97 with a H22A.

Thanks alot, all of you from HondaSwap.com :blink:

i know someone that did the swap into a civic coupe. He did have to re-adjust the coil overs because of the weight of the eingine. I also drove it. I did feel a little nose heavy, but nothing that would casue him to take it off the road. He still drives it, and the swap was compleated a little more than a year ago. That really it. The car runs fine. And he likes it more than before.

Zee

I have driven a 5th gen civic with an h22 in it. The car is a haul ass daily driver, and handles well as a daily driver, as far as auto-x and hard drive i do not know, because i drove it in the city on a rainy day, and did not want to push my co-workers car. The swap might not be the best idea for auto-x or road racing but for a fast daily driver it is a dope swap.
I say go for it and have a haul ass 2.2l motor in your hatch.
Good Luck...

how much are your lowering springs going to drop you car? because that can be an issue.

I know the handeling will be a little off. You can do things to help counteract the extra weight. Putting on a carbon fiber hood and relocating the battery to the back of the car will make a big difference. Any other little things you can do to save weight in the front will help.

its definitely possible, and a kid in this area really changed my mind about this swap. he has had an h22a in a 5th gen hb, that went 11.8's with a jackson sc, now has an h22a in a crx and he's putting a k20R motor in an insight.

the way his cars handle is to be expected, slightly more nose heavy, not going to be great auto-x cars...but they are very fast in a straight line. the h22a crx runs 12.8's right now on street tires and is a bone stock motor. he's going to put type s cams in it, skunk2 intake manifold, and other parts that will make the car go low 12's.

now you really need to understand what you're doing, as you're going completely against OEM honda and their tech specs. plus i can't help you with the wiring, but i may be able to get some wiring diagrams from him.

good luck...

I've heard that you can use integra springs in the front to help compensate for the weight? Because the spring ratio's are much stiffer? any truth to that anyone? and of course cf hood would help as well.

Always work on your suspension when do any kind of swap to any car. Regardless if it's a coupe or a hatch. The car will handle diffrently than a stock motor. Commen sence will tell you that the car was built to handle w/ the motor is installed w/ .

Originally posted by zc-steven2@Feb 13 2003, 04:58 AM
Always work on your suspension when do any kind of swap to any car. Regardless if it's a coupe or a hatch. The car will handle diffrently than a stock motor. Commen sence will tell you that the car was built to handle w/ the motor is installed w/ .

Common sense will tell you that Honda didn't build their cars on the verge of handling inadequacy.I have a B16 in my hatch and the brakes work fine the handling is fine.Though it is a good idea to upgrade them both.

Stiffer springs for the h motor.

The eg civic has a nice weight advantage ... but with just a stock 1.8 vtec, it wouldn't be that tough to out gun.

It's not always about having the biggest, time & time agin, Honda has proved their can be a replacement for cubic"

For your EK, a k-motor isn't all that far off in horsepower ... it makes up for it in the weight difference vs. an h motor anyway. The k has just as much potential to meet your goals.

Stiffer springs for the h motor.

The eg civic has a nice weight advantage ... but with just a stock 1.8 vtec, it wouldn't be that tough to out gun.

It's not always about having the biggest, time & time agin, Honda has proved their can be a replacement for cubic"

For your EK, a k-motor isn't all that far off in horsepower ... it makes up for it in the weight difference vs. an h motor anyway. The k has just as much potential to meet your goals.
4 year old thread asshat.

even god makes mistakes right get_nick ... I'm just here to show the other noobs what not to do. I phuct up & I apologize.

Even God makes mistakes?? If there is a God, he doesn't make mistakes, otherwise he wouldn't be God...

And why would you respond to a thread at the very bottom of the list? You'd have to dig through a crapload of other threads to even find it...that should have been your first clue...asshat...

even god makes mistakes right get_nick ... I'm just here to show the other noobs what not to do. I phuct up & I apologize.
hey man, toughen up. i'm just giving you shit. the only thing you would need to apologize for on here is a racist comment or saying something about a mod/admin. i'm neither. welcome to hondaswap :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back