In Car Footage

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

98integrals

Finnaly i got this up:

here

you need divx 5.0.5 to watch.

dont have it? get it

the vid starts with me comming out of turn 11. for those that dont know the track here is a pic:
trackspecscolor.jpg

parada spec 2s+45 degrees= no traction.

it was so slippery out there, made it interesting a few times.

i wish i woulda had the camera in the car when i dropped a wheel braking into 5. i had to correct back and entered 5 sideways then slid all the way over to 6 :eek:

hahaaha nice :) some out-car vid of that would've been killer

nice man, looks like you have the line down pretty well. what camera mount are you using? i like how you can still see the inside of the car, mine mounts on the windsheild (suction cup). i would like something where i can see my hands on the wheel too.

like i said on HSO, that's some cool stuff.
thanks to ez and b for hosting it.

Originally posted by Prowler@Oct 29 2003, 12:47 PM
like i said on HSO, that's some cool stuff.
thanks to ez and b for hosting it.

:worthy: almost forgot thanks guys!!

i actually made the mount. the only thing that was sorta hard to find was the part where the camera attaches to the bar thingy. i guess ill post a pic of that too.

anyways this is what i used to make mine. the damn swivel part cost like $25 tho.

I would love to see your video footage, but the new DIVX codec is crusted with Gator gainware! What's up with that ?

I've NEVER heard of DIVX slipping 3rd party in there, I'm disappointed in DIVX
-> Steve

Originally posted by 98integrals@Oct 29 2003, 08:24 AM
Finnaly i got this up:

here

you need divx 5.0.5 to watch.

dont have it? get it

the vid starts with me comming out of turn 11. for those that dont know the track here is a pic:
trackspecscolor.jpg

just curiouc but what program did you use to put the video on your computer... the hosting i can always nicely ask B to host for me =)

but i just need to know how to place it on my comp, i've got some OK but not great footage that i'd like to share

let me know thanks

Originally posted by 98integrals@Oct 29 2003, 10:15 AM
i actually made the mount. the only thing that was sorta hard to find was the part where the camera attaches to the bar thingy. i guess ill post a pic of that too.

anyways this is what i used to make mine. the damn swivel part cost like $25 tho.

that is fat, i'll have to make one now. :)
where did you get the swivel piece?

Originally posted by 2 litre EG@Oct 29 2003, 11:25 AM
just curiouc but what program did you use to put the video on your computer... the hosting i can always nicely ask B to host for me =)

but i just need to know how to place it on my comp, i've got some OK but not great footage that i'd like to share

let me know thanks

you need to have a firewire card for your digi camcorder. the software i use is uled video studio (came with the firewire card) or vegas video (got that from paragus who found it on kazaa i believe). then use the divx codec to encode your video (its an option in the programs if you have the codec installed).

Originally posted by B16+Oct 29 2003, 11:27 AM-->
2 litre EG
@Oct 29 2003, 11:25 AM
just curiouc but what program did you use to put the video on your computer...  the hosting i can always nicely ask B to host for me =)

let me know thanks

you need to have a firewire card for your digi camcorder. the software i use is uled video studio (came with the firewire card) or vegas video (got that from paragus who found it on kazaa i believe). then use the divx codec to encode your video (its an option in the programs if you have the codec installed).

im wondering if i have the firewire cable you speak of... i know for sure i have the USB connection, but unsure about the firewire one... i gotta get my camera back from my buddy ;p

wanna do me a favor b16 and send me either of the programs [vegas video or uled video studio]

B)

i actuallly use imovie :ph34r:

it is the one good thing th imac is good for... i just cant figure how to get it on my homenetwork so i have to use cds to transfer the videos... which limits the size.

Originally posted by B16+Oct 29 2003, 03:25 PM-->
98integrals
@Oct 29 2003, 10:15 AM

I dont think that you can do it with Sol seats. Since the head rests cant be removed like the tegs (as far as I know)

Jay- firewire looks like usb, only half the size. real tiny plug.

Collin- nope, the headrests dont come off.

if you need hosting of a vid, just ask. I have an FTP setup to our /vids directory that I will share with anyone with a vid to upload.

Originally posted by asmallsol@Oct 29 2003, 05:01 PM

I dont think that you can do it with Sol seats. Since the head rests cant be removed like the tegs (as far as I know)

it wouldnt have to come off.

if you cut the aluminum right you could do it so you could put the 2 peices around the bar(s) on the head rest and then just use 2 bolts instead of 3 to squeez it together on it.

i kinda fucked mine up so its a pain in the ass to get on and off the head rest so it just lives there.

ill try and get some track side footage up soon.

Originally posted by asmallsol+Oct 29 2003, 02:01 PM-->
Originally posted by B16@Oct 29 2003, 03:25 PM
98integrals
@Oct 29 2003, 10:15 AM
i actually made the mount. the only thing that was sorta hard to find was the part where the camera attaches to the bar thingy.  i guess ill post a pic of that too.

damn, i forget i have that stupid car. hehe, i'll have to stick to borrowing my friends i suppose :)

What I like the most about this video... besides the fact that you are scootin around the track making me jealous... is on that one straight away where the dash gets some good like and you can see the RPM need reach 7k and you shift and get to watch it raise back to 7k before you get on the brakes and downshift for the turn.

Nice vid btw.

Back