In NYC, where to eat?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

GSRCRXsi

Super Moderator
VIP
So me and the gf are in NYC and we can't decide where to eat dinner. Neither of us are too familiar with the city (this is my first time here) and the amount of choices is ridiculous and we literally have no idea where to start lol.

Not Italian.
Not Chinese/Asian
Not touristy
Not a chain I could go to at home (Fridays/chillis/etc)
Not retarded expensive (probably MAX of 100-150 for the meal?, I have no idea what shit is gonna cost here though)

We are staying in times square so the closer the better but we don't care about takig a cab either.

I know some of you guys live near here and have spent time in the city, so shoot me your recommendations!

may or may not be what you are looking for... but on 2nd ave there is a place called Paul's (Da Burger Joint) that has a burger that will change your life... absolutely the best burger ive ever had... i have brought many people down there and they have all agreed that it was the best burger they have ever had... hell i brought my mom there for mothers day one year and now she and her friends cant make a trip to NYC without stopping off at Paul's
its not fancy by ANY means... at first glance its a hole in the wall burger shop
prices are reasonable... the 2 of you should be able to make it out for well under $50 (food and beers)

might not be at all what you are looking for... but its an option

Welcome to Paul's Burger Place

and now im craving a St. Mark's burger :drool:

Thanks for the suggestion! Probably looking for something a little "nicer" for tonight but I'll have to check out Paul's tomorrow for lunch or something.

:thumbsup:

cool cool... kinda figured as much...
i know there is a shit ton of restaurants over on 2nd ave... its a few miles from where you are now but they literally have every type of food you could think of over there

dont know much in the times square area... been through there a few times and it just seems touristy as hell with a bunch of chain or theme restaurants

Download the "Where" app for your phone and shop around within 100 yards from where you are.

You cut off a lot of choices without going with italian in NY.

That's the one thing you should be eating in NYC.

when kristen and i went to NYC, all we found to eat were jew and arabic places.

we had jew pizza. cant remember the name of the place but it was outstanding.

Just walk down the street, check out menus in windows as you go.

Zagat rated restaurants will display the little insignia in the doorway. Also if you have a smart phone, pick a restautant that looks promising and check it out on YELP.

Quick Lunch - if you like mac and cheese, check out S'mac

Just walk down the street, check out menus in windows as you go.

Zagat rated restaurants will display the little insignia in the doorway. Also if you have a smart phone, pick a restautant that looks promising and check it out on YELP.

Quick Lunch - if you like mac and cheese, check out S'mac

This is what we ended up doing. There was a small strip of small restaurants a few blocks over. We checked out a bunch of places and looked at menus. We ended up at a place called "don't tell mama". Food was great and it was a quiet little place. Spent about 100 on food and drinks.

Then we went to this bar afterwards and talked and had a few beers at this place called "Little Town NYC" that only carried NY beers. Also very quiet little pub type place. I liked it.

The only reason I said no Italian was because we planned to have Italian tonight and didn't want the same thing 2 days in a row. We may eat at one of the places in Eataly. It's a whole Italian market on 5th Ave apparently.

Back