indash dvd

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

formby

learning in progress
so i installed my dvd in my rex on sat.....dove around all night watched southpark and titan a e......then just parked the car in the garage....this mourning i could not turn the car on.....the battery was dead....

i installed it buy buying a new harness (color to color) just like the one from the other radio i have for the rex......the only different thing i did was this click me....

what the fuck could be draining the battery....and how could i go and check to see if the battery is being drained with out the key in....

when i had the sub and amp the amp light would stay on also......but thats not in the car anymore...i hhink it might be the antena signal......(blue wire)....but i have no ideah how to check.....

shit... which one did neonmike hook it up to.
damn, i can't remember. when he installed my jvc, i asked what that wire was.. and it was that safety e-brake on BS. i'm PRETTY sure it was simply wrapped in with the remote lead, that way it sees a voltage to think the e-brake is engaged.
i'll double check with neonmike later on today...

or call ajscaraudio.com 860-583-9022 and ask for mike. tell 'em you're from hondaswap and i told you to call. lol

just talked to him....he told me to check the battery draw when the car is off...by disconecting the + terminal and using the meter as a jumper....i should see .3-.5 amps on the meter...ill call him tommorow

did you hook up your yellow wire and your red wire to constant postive?
yellow - ign power
red - constant power

Dayum "FORaMbay"

NIce....How much you get it for?
I wanna get one....PICS mang!

cabron me salio barato mang $600 from my boss...ill get pics next week end.....my boy has my camera..

Originally posted by formby@Jun 29 2005, 07:58 PM
cabron me salio barato mang $600 from my boss...ill get pics next week end.....my boy has my camera..
[post=518297]Quoted post[/post]​

GTF out of here.....
THe one i was looking at was a little over $1100.00..
It was from a local Car Audio store..(Main AUTO Sound)

Good Deal.... :worthy:

he wanted 800....i said okay....the next day i gave him 600 and told him thats all i could afford......lol.....he gave in...{jay z} im a hustler baby{jay z}

Originally posted by formby@Jun 29 2005, 08:23 PM
he wanted 800....i said okay....the next day i gave him 600 and told him thats all i could afford......lol.....he gave in...{jay z} im a hustler baby{jay z}
[post=518316]Quoted post[/post]​

:bash: hahhaa..Hit em over the head.....

Originally posted by Estorvito+Jun 29 2005, 06:15 PM-->
@Jun 29 2005, 07:58 PM
[post=518297]Quoted post[/post]​

GTF out of here.....
THe one i was looking at was a little over $1100.00..
It was from a local Car Audio store..(Main AUTO Sound)

Good Deal.... :worthy:
[post=518310]Quoted post[/post]​

I'll look out here for one for you. i am on my 2nd one and each of them cost me 450 each.
broke ricers out here have to sell them to pay for street racing tickets

reading the other thread on the e-brake lead, I wonder... is this lead positive or negative ? IT won't spark like you might imagine - it will be a steady and slow draw (a short).

-> Steve

Originally posted by Celerity@Jul 2 2005, 10:00 PM
reading the other thread on the e-brake lead, I wonder... is this lead positive or negative ? IT won't spark like you might imagine - it will be a steady and slow draw (a short).

-> Steve
[post=519911]Quoted post[/post]​

ebrake wire is a negative

Does the unit get hot, or even stay warm when the car is off ? Maybe it's not even the radio harness that's doing this. With a draw enough to kill the battery, I would expect the sinks on the back to get warm.

-> Steve

Back