Initial D Arcade game

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Frankie P.

Hey guys, I went to the Arcade/Batting cages today, and saw an Initial D arcade. It was a dollar, so I only played once, but that game was bad. They have multiple cars to choose from, RX-8, S2000, etc. You choose your company and there is your car. So I automatically went for Honda, and they had a EF9 type R, an Integra type R, another car I can't remember, and the S2000. I picked the S2000, picked Intermediate level, the opponent in an RX-8 and played. Lost but who cares, it was my first time.

The first thing I noticed is the steering actually does 1 whole circle, almost 2. Unlike most arcade games where you barely turn the wheel and you are doing a donut, this one was much more realistic. Secondly, I picked automatic, and you can downshift with the auto, makes it better for the turns. Third, you can actually drift turns, made me do that much better. Fourth, and not least is that you can buy a card for the game, and with this card you can actually customize your car. Body Kits, turbo, the bang. Bad ass game, anybody who likes cars and video games, this is the next Gran Turismo, with Imports.

dude you're about 2 years to late. did you play version 1 or 2

Shit I don't know, I don't really go to the arcade that much, and when I do they usually suck. Last time I was at an arcade was like a year ago, and they newest game they had was Marvel vs. Capcom 2.

Originally posted by Frankie P.@Oct 6 2003, 09:00 PM
I don't really go to the arcade that much, and when I do they usually suck.

:werd:

Most arcades these days don't even have pinball machines anymore, which is just about the only thing worth playing.

Yeah, pinball machine are bad ass, but I suck at them. The ball always falls down the fucking middle. Pisses me off. TILT!!!!!

I spent so much goddam money (and in college, class time using my free games I'd win) playing pinball. I never found a video game that beat a good pinball machine.

I spent so much goddam money (and in college, class time using my free games I'd win) playing pinball. I never found a video game that beat a good pinball machine.

I don't know if I would say that, but they are pretty fun, they definitely keep you entairtained. I like the Dance Dance Revolution, Konami Mix, Interactive Boxing game myself, also fighters. I don't know if it uses your whole body I am up for it. I know I spent $20 in the games and batting cages combined. Fun for a couple hours. Also played minituare golf and on the go carts two times. Go carts, now those little fuckers are fun.

street fighter 2 OWNZ every single video game out there.

prison lock w/ guile
invisible throw with guile

i challenge ANYONE to a street fighter 2 game

<-----played in a tournament back in 1993 @ UCLA for SF2 :D

probably been almost 8 years since i held command of those 6 buttons :D

Originally posted by Frankie P.@Oct 7 2003, 03:54 AM
they had a EF9 type R, an Integra type R,

Hey i dint know they had a EF9 type R i wanna see PICS
unless its the EF9 SIR right just asking. :huh:

damn haha that game was off the hook.. did anyone ever get to play the Hyper Fighting Edition??? its really rare.. its like Championship edition where you can play as the original 8 plus bosses.. HOWEVER, this one, you can throw sonic booms, hadokens, etc.. in strings!!! and Zangiefs 360 close like can fly and shit.. anyway, i was about 2nd grade when i started.. had to play with a stool.. hahaha... anyway, in 94 i placed 2nd in the city tournament, but all i got was a stupid t-shirt.. first place was the arcade system... got spanked by a chick.. but to the Initial D game.. i didnt kno that either until this weekend someone told me.. the closest arcade center is in sac and its hella ghetto.. arcade ares fading out fast.. thats really unforunate.. i spelt a good deal of money.. maybe enough to get a Vtech motor with a Greedy turbo kit.. :-D

mom and dad just bought a pinball machine :)

1986 Bally..

its a replica "space invader" game, that was a copyright infringement so there was only about 3000 of them made. its in rough condition, but the thing is 16 years old!!

they also just bought a 1984 tabletop "Asteroids" game. both are very badass!!

yup, i remember that street fighter II hyper (i thought it was called excellerator). i was in like 2nd grade when it came out, and i would WORK all these old highschoolers, i thought some of them were gonna kick my ass. games nowadays suck, imo...why cant we just go back to the simple times? the only arcade game that i have actually played recently, was in fact, initial d...every other game isnt worth my time.

Now I am confused, I don't remember if it was EF or EK. I just know it was a civic, I think it might have been the SIR. Too much thinking. Anyway, I would suck at Street Fighter 2 now, the new Marvel vs. Capcom version, I can kick anyone's ass at. I mean anyone. Once I bought it (PS2), I started inviting friends over to play I would lose, lose, lose, but now I can win without losing a character. But if I went back to the original Street Fighter, I would probably try and do supers and get my ass kicked. Although I am still pretty good at Alpha 3

Originally posted by endlesszeal@Oct 6 2003, 11:38 PM
damn haha that game was off the hook.. did anyone ever get to play the Hyper Fighting Edition??? its really rare.. its like Championship edition where you can play as the original 8 plus bosses.. HOWEVER, this one, you can throw sonic booms, hadokens, etc.. in strings!!! and Zangiefs 360 close like can fly and shit.. anyway, i was about 2nd grade when i started.. had to play with a stool.. hahaha... anyway, in 94 i placed 2nd in the city tournament, but all i got was a stupid t-shirt.. first place was the arcade system... got spanked by a chick.. but to the Initial D game.. i didnt kno that either until this weekend someone told me.. the closest arcade center is in sac and its hella ghetto.. arcade ares fading out fast.. thats really unforunate.. i spelt a good deal of money.. maybe enough to get a Vtech motor with a Greedy turbo kit.. :-D

That video game was imported from china

Street Fighter Turbo.

it was haxored by putting a chip or some other modified mother board in the ecu.

Capcom did not design this game that way.

you could hit all 6 buttons at once and change characters.

all i did was do the "hayo-ken" fireball in rapid succession, then jumped up, and as i was slowly falling to the ground, i would lay off a vertical wall of fireballs that was impassable. then if they did get through, i would hit them with a few uppercuts.

chinese.. either love em or hate em, but they make some great knock offs..i guess you would say their, "great innovators."haha

Yeah, it's a fun game. You have to renew your card every 50 plays (dollars). And the only way to upgrade your car is by winning more races. One of my friend's has spent several hundred dollars on that game. It's fun, but not that fun. But he's into the the anime series and books, too...well, pretty much anything Initial D.

And for the record, the game has both the SiRII and EK9 CTR. It might have the SiRI but I haven't seen it. My car is the CTR

Thank you for clarifying that. :worthy:

Back