injectors not spraying

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

joker01

hey guys
first off i did do alot of resaerch before coming back to my honda heads here. i did a head gasket replacement on my motor (vtec d15b) and i came to start her up but she wouldnt turn over she cranks strong tho, i got spark, timing and compression but i noticed that the plugs were dry. i already chk the continuity of the main relay and it checks out fine.

i checked all my 3 grounds (battery to body and tranny,harness ground to thermostat housing and head ground to frame.i did chk the car ground with a multimeter and it good.

i did hook up an led to the 2p plug and cranked but the light wouldnt pulse, so for sure and not getting current to the injectors .

help needed immediatley guys budget project

did you check all your harness plugs too? i had this problem alot with my mirage. there was alwas one small 2-pin plug i missed it was right under the distributor, aka the coil plug :lol:

yea checked all the connectors i was thinkign about cking inside the distributor when i get the chance to see if there is anything wrong inside it sigh

take a test light or multi meter and see if you are getting constant power to the injector plug when they key is on. that way we can see if your problem is a lack of B+ or a lack of ground switch.

^_^ok i did the test i am getting battery voltage at the plugs all of them the same

Ok. So we have battery power to the injectors but no injector operation. That means there is a problem with the ground side of the circuit. Check the wiring from the injectors to the ecu for continuity.

If the wires check out ok than you have a problem with the ecu or one of the sensors that give the ecu timing and cylinder reference.

Check the ground that goes on the thermostat housing. One time I had left this loose (hand tight) and it still didn't have enough continuity for the injector pulses.

oh ok bro but i know am gonna sound noob but how d oi check the circuit for continuity dont kno where eactly to start

To check the continuity of a circuit first you need to find the wiring diagram so you can figure out where the end of the circuit are. Take a multimeter and do an ohms check with a lead on each end of the circuit. If you have a low reading things are good. If you have a high reading or open circuit than things are bad.

To make things easier to do without extra hands you can work from one connector to the next along the circuit from one end to the other.

If this is hard for you to understand let me know and I can try and break it down a little more for you.

ok i do have the diagram of the circuit and i dont know if to chk for continuity on all injector 2p connectors and i dont know who to chk for continuity on ecu for the injector pins which i know

Unplug the connectors from the ecu and the injectors. Grab a friend to hold one lead from the multimeter on the injector connector and take the other lead to the proper pin on the ecu connector. Record the ohm value and repeat for all 4 injectors.

ohhh ok i understand now but i did a resistance check and i got like 3.5ohms on all four and i kno the manual says spec should b 1-1.5ohms but idk but i will do the test tomor asap and give feedback

3.5 ohms is not great but acceptable in my book. The slightly high reading could be from your meter itself depending on what quality it is.

It is looking like the ecu is not triggering the injectors so now we we need to double check all the sensor connections to make sure they are good.

As a side note: have you checked all the under hood and under dash fuses?
My brothers 91 si did this to me one time and one of the fuses wha blown that feeds power to the ecu.

3.5 ohms is not great but acceptable in my book. The slightly high reading could be from your meter itself depending on what quality it is.

It is looking like the ecu is not triggering the injectors so now we we need to double check all the sensor connections to make sure they are good.

As a side note: have you checked all the under hood and under dash fuses?
My brothers 91 si did this to me one time and one of the fuses wha blown that feeds power to the ecu.

Going off of what this guy said, are you sure you are getting signal to the ecu? Not sure, but dont the injectors get their switching on/off from the distributor? Ive had nore than one go bad on me when doing this type of repair...

yes i did check all the fuses havent got time to do the test wit the inkector 2p connectors and ecu cuz no one to help sigh and it s cheap ass multimeter ama hit up my uncle for his to run the test again

Back