innovative = crap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

atombombz

So i recently broke my driveshaft axle in my H22 ek civic. i thought id go the cheap way and get an ebay axle, didn't work too long. So, since the previous axle was an innovative axle (which broke after only 1 year) and i have innovative moutns i ordered from them. Well, after being told i would get my axle on thursday it didn't get here till Saturday not a huge deal except i missed xmas with the family because of it. Anyways, when the axle got here i was tired of messing with it so i paid a mechanic $150 to put it in, come to find out the base of the spline that goes into the tranny was too long i called innovative and told them about it and wanted to get my $150 for the mechanic reimbursed, the receptionist said that shouldn't be too big of a deal, so i sent my original axle along with the one they sent me back so they could get the proper measurements and all that. Easy enough right? So i talked to the receptionist again they received the axle and said i should have the new one in a couple days, before new years eve. So i called back later that week and she said the axle guy was on vacation until that next Tuesday. So once again i patiently waited and called again that Tuesday, still no answer on the progress of my axle she said she would call me back in about 10 min. so she could talk to him. The next day still no response so i call back still no answer she says she should have a response by 10am so i wait till 4pm and call back, now shes avoiding my calls so i call on my roomates phone and she actually answers. So she puts me on hold to look something up but she actually puts me on hold on goes to lunch (i know this because i call back and a guy answers and i ask him whats going on because i was on hold and he tells me she went to lunch. I'm F****ng pissed by now, no manager around to talk to and he says he'll try to help me. You guessed it still no where with it. So a couple days later i finally get an answer, they have the axle guy call me and tells me that hes sending it out today well he didnt take it till the next day. So finally thursday 1/21 i call and she tells me that it was shipped out today (1/21) and it was overnighted and will be here friday (1/22) so i took off work to make sure someone would be here to sign for it. I call to have her track it and she tells me that it's in delivery now and that innovative's warranty doesn't cover shipping so i owe them $95 for the cost of the overnight delivery, i said why didn't you tell me that before you delivered it and she's like oh, well, umm, i just found out about it 2 hours ago. Thanks for the phone call to let me know. So i'm like well, what's going on with my $150 reimbursement? still no answer on that. Well it's Saturday now still no axle and so far the grand total of money lost because of innovative is $150 for the axle, $150, for the mechanic, $95 shipping, and $120 for 1 day loss of work. so that's what $515 for a single stage 1 axle. I would only recommend innovative to someone you really hate, because the poor customer service alone is enough to make me never want to use them again let alone their sh*tty parts.

Thanks for the heads up. I was considering their D-series mounts but not anymore. Before that, I was about to get their traction bar but finally settled for a ESP one. It's bogus that they treat their customers this way.

yea personally i would've went with hasport, but sice i didn't have their mount kit they wanted the measurements off my axle, and i didn't feel like pulling it out and going through all that.....wish i did now.

A word on hasports, I went with the "race" inserts in the mounts to get race mounts, and they are slightly firmer street mounts.. I know they have "extreme race" and now one more above that, but race should mean race.. Don't you think? Too soft imho, and I'm not going to order more inserts and swap them out now.. Not until I have to pull the motor for something else.

ive used innovative mounts in probaly 10 cars that i have swaped and used there H series swap axles once never had a problem. but i allmost allways recomend Drive Shaft Shop axles Frank is a stand up guy and allways stands behind his stuff

UPDATE: so Thursday 01/21 the lady told me that my part was shipped and i will get it Friday the 22nd. So i take a day off work, and by 3pm still no axle i call her to track it for me and she does and says it will be there that afternoon. Well, she also tells me i have to pay $94 shipping costs which is mentioned earlier, i ask if her i can pay that when it gets here or next Friday when i get paid she tells me it wouldn't be a problem and i ask again, "so my axle will be here this afternoon right? or do i have to pay before hand?" she tells me yes it will be here this afternoon. All weekend.....no axle. i call today 01/25, and ask where my axle is she's like oh you have to pay the shipping before we can ship it out, i tell her everything i just said above and she's like "who told you that?" i say YOU, by now i'm so pissed i tell her let me speak to a manager shes like i just spoke to him and he said the same thing i'm like i don't care what ya'll taked about I want to speak to him or atleast someone that's more compotent than you. so after i speak with the manager i still get no where, and end up paying $121.75 for shipping. I also tell him about her crappy customer service and he could care less. So now i should be getting this axle tomorrow around 3pm.

Why did you pay that much for shipping? If that hadn't sent it out, I would've opted for regular ground or full refund, and just make a huge bash thread on H-T and all of the large Honda forums. You should've recorded the conversation.

Last edited:
i wanted to do the whole refund thing, and would liked to have went with ground, but because of all this i'm at risk of loosing my job due to being late to work from relying on these damn buses and all that so i need it asap, which i explained to them as well. You're right though i should have recorded the conversations.

Back