interchangeable parts??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

y0iTsDEENOSE

well as some of you may kno i have a pretty beat up civic.. my generous friend's uncle happens to have a 91 civc sedan which he is about to tow away to the junkyard.. so my friend suggests we go there tommorow to pick out as much stuff from that car to put on mines.. thing is its a sedan and my car is a hatch.. just wondering if anyone here knew what parts i could get from the sedan that are compatible with my hatch.. like the gauges?? or bumper or hood.. etc.. thanks for your INPUT :) :worthy:

If its the sedan is an EX and you have an Si or DX hatch, you can put the front larger front brakes off of the sedan on your hatch. I don't belive that any of the body panels match but I'm not sure ( I know Hatch/CRX parts are not compatible). Pretty much anything mechanical should work between the two pretty well though.

None of the body panels match, but just about everything else inside that matters (suspension, interior, engine bay) does bolt up.

siiiick.. i cant take the car cuz anything that i can carry and put in my friends car is all i can take... the rest is going to the junkyard for $250 and im not really familiar with pricing.. so yea..

Originally posted by y0iTsDEENOSE@Aug 19 2005, 12:54 AM
i wonder if the ex's got power windows cuz i found a write up on a REALLY cheap way to get p/w in your hatch...http://www.geocities.com/speed_phreak_88hf/how2pwrwndw.htm
[post=542263]Quoted post[/post]​

if i do get the stuff from the car.. i think ill do a little write up myself with PICTURES.. unless theres already one over here?? i asked the author if i could link the write up to the forum here..

EX should have power windows, the larger 15/16ths master cylinder, rear disc brakes, larger front brakes, a lot of mechanical stuff you should grab.

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Aug 24 2005, 12:44 AM
EX should have power windows, the larger 15/16ths master cylinder, rear disc brakes, larger front brakes, a lot of mechanical stuff you should grab.
[post=544374]Quoted post[/post]​

I dont think it has power windows, its a 91. But it could. Who knows, not worht puttin em the hatch though.

I would grab shit you dont need, so you can sell it on Ebay. Like small shit, seriously.

Did you get that ECU yet?

yup yup.. a long time ago.. havent been able to put it in tho cuz the cars in the shop again..

Back