interior or no interior

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

GSRCRXsi

Super Moderator
VIP
ok as most of you know, my car was stolen a while back and im in the process of rebuilding the car. i have the entire interior from the seats back completely stripped out. now my question is this. i might be picking up an entire red 91 CRX HF. i origonally planned on picking it up for the body peices. it has damage to the rear quarter panel and to the roof, but i dont mind since the only body peices im taking are the bumpers, fenders, doors, hood and tail lights (body is same color as my car and a hell of a lot better condition :) ). now heres the part im unsure about, the interior is black and i was thinking about putting the whole rear interior back in. i know it doesnt weigh a lot but every little bit counts right? but then also having a clean stock looking CRX is very apealing to me as well. especially with the car looking nice on the inside. but im really debating on it. what would you guys suggest? thanks.

depends on what you really want to do. I had planned on taking out my rear seats and a few little things here and there.

For a daily driver, it might not be worthwhile to leave it out, unless you like road noise.

put the interior back in, hard to sell a stripped out car when you eventually do decide to off it...

and there isn't even that much interior to speak of in a crx anyway...
you could always leave it out but save the parts for later use...

yeah, i would keep the pieces that you need to re-assemble the interior around and leave the car stripped- That's what i've done, and although i agree that a completely clean stock interior looks very nice, i think there is something to be said about an interior that is completely stripped and has been sprayed the same color as the outside of the car- but that's just my opinion

yea the reason i was thinking about putting it back in is because it doesnt weigh much to begin with. and i like a very comfortable feel inside my car. this is my daily driver and if it was a race car i wouldnt care. im thinking about leving the interior in but still taking out all the sound deadening material for a litel more weight savings. i dunno, lol. im still debating it, keep em comming guys :thumbsup:

Yea, do the sound deadening dry ice thing, and put the interior in. That way it looks nice and is comfortable but you still shaved off some pounds. :thumbsup:

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@Mar 31 2004, 04:58 PM
yea the reason i was thinking about putting it back in is because it doesnt weigh much to begin with. and i like a very comfortable feel inside my car. this is my daily driver and if it was a race car i wouldnt care.

you just answerd your own question

Originally posted by 90crxb18+Mar 31 2004, 06:00 PM-->
@Mar 31 2004, 04:58 PM
yea the reason i was thinking about putting it back in is because it doesnt weigh much to begin with. and i like a very comfortable feel inside my car. this is my daily driver and if it was a race car i wouldnt care.

you just answerd your own question

not exactly cause half my brain says "fuck it, its not that much weight", but the other half says "fuck you, weight is weight". thats the predicament here, lol. im leaning more towards leaving it in now though...

Keep it in there, make your car look as stock as possible so you don't have to worry about it getting jacked again.

Originally posted by Jeef@Mar 31 2004, 06:52 PM
Keep it in there, make your car look as stock as possible so you don't have to worry about it getting jacked again.

that was part of the mentality as well. the body will be completely stock, not even clear corner lenses. and to have the interior looking nice would be a nice touch too. im leaning farther and farther towards keeping it

I removed mine cuz my sub made it buzz like a mofo, but if you'r not having this problem, leave it in, looks a HELLA lot better.

Back