Is a header worth it?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92sihatch

Hey. I've got a 1999 SI. It,s all stock. I have an AEM intake and a header that I am thinking for installing. Is it worth the effort? Thanks. Oh, and I'm going to use a 2008 SI muffler.

Last edited:
depends on the header. if it's a dented DC sports header, then no. if it's new and in good shape, it might help a little. an aftermarket header that gives good gains on a honda is going to cost a lot of money ($400+), so don't expect to be blown out when you put it on.

I dont expect the 10hp gain they claim. Just wondering if it's a total waste of time. The header is a cheapo ebay.

i would be cautious of the cheapo ebay, if you don't mind wrenching, it make just give you extra work by needing to swap headers if the welds blow out.

take off your old header and compare them. look at the shape, size, and welds. if the ebay one looks better, i say go for it.

yeah i have a92 accord and im thinking of switching out the cast iron headers any good brand i should look for?

no, just leave it stock. its not even worth it.
your car will likely sound like ass, and you wont really see any gains from it on a stock engine.

ebay tri y hytech replica for 179 shipped was told makes 14whp over itr header

or a ebay itr replica for 70 shipped makes 5-10whp over stock.

both great headers for the price.

spencerhatchback said:
yeah i have a92 accord and im thinking of switching out the cast iron headers any good brand i should look for?
no, just leave it stock. its not even worth it.
your car will likely sound like ass, and you wont really see any gains from it on a stock engine.
Hey, just to keep this thread off-topic, if you have money the bisimoto header makes power on stock F22A# engines....

Ok, I guess I need to get a fucking accord and put a h22 in it. Thanks!:wtf:

Well, for your car, you said you have a cheap ebay header.... so, if it fits well and is welded well, then it would be worth it to put it on.

Edit: you posted while I was in another window....

If you dont like it, don't trust it, and think its even a waste of time moving it from your garage to the garbage bin. Then sell the fucker to some ricer who thinks it'll make booty loads of power from his stock d15b2. Pocket the money, take your girl out to eat, and call it a day. Hell you might even get some at the end of night.

thank you for that insightful post :rolleyes:

I'm on a very tight budget here, from what I've been reading the tri-y style headers rather it be the hytech or rmf replicas make decent power. The toda replica I've been reading, gives more ground clearance and better mid range power,but less in total hp gained.

Back