is this a good deal on wheels?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

the sears near me is having a sale on motegi wheels and this is the run-down:

MR7's 15x6.5 (4x100, 4.25 anthracite, 35mm offset, 16.5lbs, backside spacing: 4.875in/124mm)

MR12's 15x7 (4x100, 4.5 anthracite, 40mm offset, 17.5lbs, backside spacing: 5.5in/140mm)

either wheels for $299.00 a set

is this a good deal, and are these wheels any good? which ones should i go with? i have a stock 89 crx dx.

the price is pretty good .. the rims are a little on the heavy side and they're cast so theyre not gunna be as strong as a forged wheel would be ... but hey if thats no big deal to you and you like the look go for it ... i know a few people that have them and they dont have any complaints

thanks man. The weight was actually one of the big questions I had.

Anyone know what the weight of stock 13" steel wheels are?? (i know, they are ghey, but i still have em) i'd like to know how if the motegis will be lighter.

FYI, i already checked the wheelweight section here, and the weight for 13" steel isnt there.

join the rota grouip buy man.. just a little more, better style, and much lighter.
best of all, you support hondaswap.com's #1 sponser to date: alljdm.com

give jason a ring-

thanks Brian, but actually i was just thinkin i'd jump on the motegis if they were a really good deal. otherwise, im gonna put the wheels purchase off for now. i agree rotas are sweet, and light as hell, and a good deal at alljdm, but to be honest, i hate waiting for stuff in the mail and would rather pay a little more to have them on my car the same day..sorry if i dissapoint. plus there are tons of places to buy wheels out here, so i can probly find something comparable maybe.

BTW, i came across that sale cuase i had to buy a new garage door opener and it just caught my eye.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Oct 1 2002, 02:37 AM
its sears man...

sears

you don't buy cars there

yea, i know. sears sucks, but i figured motegi was a decent brand. wasn't gonna buy the tires from there. was gonna take the wheels over to costco and get tires from there.

sorry but in my opinion i give it a thumbs down, every single person on earth that rolls up next to me with a riced out import has the motegi's... played out to the maxxx

yea, im gonna forget about the sale. gonna save for some better wheels. gonna go for something light like the rotas.

Originally posted by SixtySecondAssassin@Oct 1 2002, 03:49 AM
has anyone heard good shit abotu kosei k1 racing.

I run Kosei 16" on my crx. They're light and can take the Pa. pot holes. On problems I've been running them for about a year.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Oct 1 2002, 02:37 AM
its sears man...

sears

you don't buy cars there

well i m not so sure about that.... there is a sear auto dealer ship here in mn but they sell benz's and shit.

i think its not the same thing but who knows

a sears dealership? thats whacked :) i think brian meant "you dont buy car stuff there" lol

"hey, nice car!"
"thanks. i got a great deal on it at sears."
"you got what?!"

Well, I got my rims there. Not that bad for $350. I only saw two other cars with my rims, and one had the gunmetal 17"s. His camber wasn't adjusted at all. You could see a tilt on the wheels just like this: /-\
No kidding, it was hilarious. It wasn't even dropped that much.
frhonda.jpg

They're holding up really good. It just sucks about the weight. These are 20lbs each.

those almost look like my rims :) mine are rays tho :D
mycar1.jpg

Originally posted by paragus@Oct 1 2002, 06:46 PM
are those the wilwoods that i see in that pic???

edit:nm i saw it in another post

yes, those fatty bombatties up front are wilwoods :D yes, you probably did see them in another post :D

Back