Is this a good deal?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sleeper88

My mom thinks i'm cool
Some guy wants to trade me my obd0 jdm b16 swap for a 89 Civic Hatch DX with a d15b sohc vtec.

Here is his details (well its a 89 civic hatch dx converted over to obd1 running a jdm d15b sohc vtec with appr.. 60000 on motor also has jdm lsd transmission. the body has 127712 some were in there not much rust at all. one spot on right rear wheel well near bumper. the other spots are on the hood. i bought the car off a guy in florida with the vtec motor in it already. he also had the turbo kit in the car but not pu on.turbo setup includes garrett ar42 cold side and ar58 hot side. made the intercooler pipeing myself,has knock off greddy bov but works great. has 450cc dsm injectors running the motor is a chiped p28 running a chrome rom. loooks pretty stock has good brakes and ok body).

Then i asked him how it ran and he told me this :
(well it runs good run a , the only thing i wana do yet and havent is doble checkthe retard on the timeing i broke my timing gun so i need to get a new one. the numbers on window are form the owner before me. havent had it on the road but a cuple time down the street and back from my house.but in the runnig of it,pulled real good for a sohc turbo.)

I'm not familiar with the d15b vtec setup. So my question is. Is this a good deal?

take the car to a shop, get a compression test and leakdown test. the car with swap it probably worth $2000-$2500.

your b16 is worth about $1500. so if the car is legit, it's a good deal.

if i were you, i would buy the car straight up and put the b16 in it.

I have 2 b16's sitting around. Thats why i'm trying to sell the one. I'm going tomorrow to check the car out.

well, keep the better of the two. no need in having both unless you are going to build one.

Back