Is this worht it?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Dustin_m

I was maybe gonna buy a CRX in a few weeks but saw this, what do you think? the guy wants 3500 obo, could offer him 3k cash maybe. has some body stuff, but im thinking, fix it, and some flat black on there, clean it up, and it would look sweet.

http://www.prozaak.org/240z

crx it dude atleast you keep more resale - plus its whole body style is outdated- same as interior- i dont know what ever u like more but would recommend staying more current with some thing more workable

well its a 70, no smog=V8 baby. to me those are one of the sexiest cars ever made, the whole shape is great. I know a few guys on hrere are into Z's so i want some input as to what kind of problems i might run into and if they think this will be more of a money pit than other cars. V8 is down the road, cuz i know that is about a 8-10k project to do it right, so that i already know.

get it...

why...

To save it from the yellow's...

granted..the guy was doing a good job on the steering wheel, door panels, and hatch area...just the wrong color...it's turbo..and if it runs and drives..then get it...the bad hood can be replaced with a carbon fiber hood, the body looks like it needs an appointment with a welder...and a little bit of sanding..and a decent paintjob...and it would be a fine car..

plus...nobodies interested in taking Z's...cause they stand out to much...not like civics...it all depends on the area you live...if civic thefts are high..then get a Z....

After a about a grand invested in the suspension..the car will be completely different....and you'll just fall in love with it...

and a decently cleaned up Z will sell for more than any decently built up Honda...Z's made the list for the best resale value in the wall street journal....it's ranked up near the same as a GTO...just drive that engine into the ground..then SR20 dat bitsh :p

it looks like a great project.

I personally would buy a 944 or 951, because I love the body style, and the 85.5+'s still have the updated beautiful interior and the 951's can be fast with excellent handling, I mean it can compete with the 240z with the same type of suspension mods. And Lt1s fit under the hood nicely for about the same price as the Z, but I would get an N/A model if you were up for the conversion, it also doesn't affect the 50/50 weight distribution in them.

When I had mine, I met a guy who did the Lt1 conversion with the stock 951 trans, the car was retardedly fast at auto-x. It was also running low 12s high 11's. It had a 0-60 in well under 4 seconds as well, like 3.3 with alot of traction issues.

If you like fixing/preventing rust, you will never be happier with a car.

Originally posted by Airjockie@Jan 18 2005, 07:58 AM

and a decently cleaned up Z will sell for more than any decently built up Honda...Z's made the list for the best resale value in the wall street journal....it's ranked up near the same as a GTO...just drive that engine into the ground..then SR20 dat bitsh :p
[post=447303]Quoted post[/post]​

SR20? never seen it in the Z. wanted to go with a Vortec or Comptech SC'd 350 V8 with camaro 5 spd, and a nice posi rear end in there. would you still take the SR20 over that?

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Jan 18 2005, 09:11 AM
it looks like a great project.

I personally would buy a 944 or 951, because I love the body style, and the 85.5+'s still have the updated beautiful interior and the 951's can be fast with excellent handling, I mean it can compete with the 240z with the same type of suspension mods. And Lt1s fit under the hood nicely for about the same price as the Z, but I would get an N/A model if you were up for the conversion, it also doesn't affect the 50/50 weight distribution in them.

When I had mine, I met a guy who did the Lt1 conversion with the stock 951 trans, the car was retardedly fast at auto-x. It was also running low 12s high 11's. It had a 0-60 in well under 4 seconds as well, like 3.3 with alot of traction issues.
[post=447326]Quoted post[/post]​

Oh yeah. thanks but no thanks. Porsche=money pit. yeah they look sweet, but dont got teh time to fuck with it. come on dude look in your own sig

Originally posted by senate_9427+Jan 18 2005, 02:15 PM-->
Airjockie
@Jan 18 2005, 07:58 AM

[post=447303]Quoted post[/post]​

SR20? never seen it in the Z. wanted to go with a Vortec or Comptech SC'd 350 V8 with camaro 5 spd, and a nice posi rear end in there. would you still take the SR20 over that?
[post=447467]Quoted post[/post]​

power to weight ratio....last I heard sr20's are lighter than V-8's...and they still put out enough power to have fun with the car...or just go rotory... :ph34r:

The SR20DET is very small and lightweight and since it sits so far back in the Z's bay, it promotes great F/R balance. Besides, not only are turbo's cooler than cubes, it would be nice to keep the engine in the family, I think anyway.

yeah the SR20 is definitely an option i would consider, but i just always loved seeing a sweet ass Z with that V8 rumble. but yea the other thing i wass thinking was RB, jsut not sure if i wanna do all the work.

Yea I guess your right, but that car was LOVELY, I loved that car. It was a money pit with the stock N/A engine, but a v8 conversion would solve all that *hint hint*. But from your choices take the Z. Very fun car to drive also, and at least it's RWD.

If you ever do get the 944, get a 87+, they redid the interior to allow a little more room for the driver, but still the same style as the 85.5's. The first half of 85 and before had the boxier interior and was kinda ugly.

CRX have a better resale value then a 240Z hahahahahahahhaaha.

Last time I find a rust free near stock high milage 240Z it went for $8K

Be warned if you do buy the 240Z you will get a lot of men/women coming up to you to talk about it.

Originally posted by jeffie7@Jan 18 2005, 06:25 PM
Be warned if you do buy the 240Z you will get a lot of men/women coming up to you to talk about it.
[post=447648]Quoted post[/post]​

yeah thats definitely a cool thing. a car with a lot more history to it

Back