IT HAS BEGUN

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reikoshea

HS Troll...And Mod
VIP
I just got my H22 back from the shop, and i see the potential. I plan on buying a longblock (yeah another one...making 3 motors for this car) for about 1200 bucks. Im gonna completely rebuild this engine basically from top to bottom.

H22A Long Block

CP 9:0:1 Pistons
Crower Rods
Darton Sleeves
ARP Head & Main studs
ACL Bearing set
Full Ported Head from Endyn
Oil Pump
Fuel Pump
550cc Fuel Injectors
Skunk2 IM
Crome Chipped P72
T3/T04E Turbonetics Ball Bearing Turbo
Spearco Intercooler
Blitz Blow-off Valve
Drag Exhaust Manifold
Drag Turbo Piping
Drag Wastegate
Drag High Flow Intake
MSD Ignition
All the other turbo accessories

Probably keep the engine around 15 PSI.

Am i missing something other than the fact that this is money that could be better spent in a Civic Hatch, but i LOVE my Prelude and i know it is capable of turning some heads with the right kinda love.

This project isnt gonna be done overnight, so dont expect the engine to be in next week. I plan to order the engine by the end of the month, and ill probably take a few weeks to tear down the motor before i start on anything.

A friend of mine runs an engine shop, and he owes me, so i dont have to pay anyone to resleeve my block

Do yall know of anyone that sells a straight up H22 M2B4 LSD tranny or a T2T4 from a Euro accord? I can get the engine and tranny together, but i just need the long block engine and the tranny. I dont need any more spare parts liein around my garage (although to get my current H22 runnin the only real SPARE part i have is the alternator)

Hmotors usually has random shit laying around...give them a call. 818 723 2572

Yeah they do...Thats where i got the engine that is currently in my lude. I will check them out as i get closer to the purchase point. I need to change the clutch and flywheel anyway, i might as well completely get rid of my torque steer.

What would be better for my application a hondata p72 (chipped that i can alter with my laptop) or an AEM EMS...there is like a 700 dollar difference in the two.

crome... cheaper than both of 'em and more functional than hondata.

also, get some bigger injectors, no point in havin' a fully built motor if you're gonna hold it back with some puney injectors.

depends how much hp you want to make, that build block can take 600+ but your turbo won't support it. i'd guess you could comfortably make around 400whp w/ that turbo. so i'd get at least 720's... or bigger if you think you might want to go balls to the wall later down the road.

I found some information on Crome, looks pretty good, but i take it i have to burn my own chips. Not a problem cause im a geek from way back, im just not seeing the hardware side that comes with Hondata.

Originally posted by wanderinman@Jul 5 2005, 11:44 AM
Am i missing something other than the fact that this is money that could be better spent in a Civic Hatch

Put one of those H22's in the hatch when you get the prelude going!
[post=520760]Quoted post[/post]​

and if you gut it..it can go 13.5 stock lol my buddy did it already its crazy!

Originally posted by kylemarhx@Jul 5 2005, 04:54 AM
depends how much hp you want to make, that build block can take 600+ but your turbo won't support it. i'd guess you could comfortably make around 400whp w/ that turbo. so i'd get at least 720's... or bigger if you think you might want to go balls to the wall later down the road.
[post=520634]Quoted post[/post]​

720s are a little big for that kind of power. I'd stick with your 440s or maybe hit up the 550s. 720s are a bitch to tune from what I hear and 400 hp shouldn't require more than a 550.

Ive updated the list for those of you who are keeping up. Found a transmission too. It doesnt have LSD, but im going to get an aftermarket one. Any recommendations on who to go with?

Originally posted by reikoshea@Jul 5 2005, 11:48 AM
Ive updated the list for those of you who are keeping up. Found a transmission too. It doesnt have LSD, but im going to get an aftermarket one. Any recommendations on who to go with?
[post=520827]Quoted post[/post]​

Kaaz, or Quaife

as for Crome, I believe it supports the Ostrich, and the Romulator, both are chip emulators that allow you to tune your car without having to burn a chip. If you want to burn chips yourself after you tune with an emulator, just get a willem burner, they are around 50$ on ebay.

Have any of yall bought parts from turbo-kits.com? I am going to have this totally built engine, and im looking for a LOT of power out of it. Do you think they will let me pick up an entire kit, but trade out the turbo for a bigger one? Im thinkin about like a T04E-50 Stage 3 .63 A/R. This is all still up in the air seeing as all i have is the tranny.

Originally posted by reikoshea@Jul 5 2005, 05:38 PM
Have any of yall bought parts from turbo-kits.com?  I am going to have this totally built engine, and im looking for a LOT of power out of it.  Do you think they will let me pick up an entire kit, but trade out the turbo for a bigger one?  Im thinkin about like a T04E-50 Stage 3 .63 A/R.  This is all still up in the air seeing as all i have is the tranny.
[post=521107]Quoted post[/post]​

Any reasoning behind why you want that pparticular turbo? Did you look at the efficienncy maps and think it woulld be a good match for your goals? I have never dealt with that company, but if I were you, I'd buy the kit, and just ebay the turbo away, and buy the turbo you want. I'd actually piece together my own "kit", but if I were going to get a great deal on a kit, and just wanted another turbo, that is what I'd do.

Edit: I just went on that site, and I would recommend piecing your own kit together. You are on the right site for fiinding info on what you need, now you just nneed to do some research, and figure out how to do it. Those kits are for people who don't know what they are doing, and really don't care to do anything themselves, besides bolt it on, IMO anyway.

Yeah...i understand that, and that is a really good idea about ebaying the other turbo away and finding the one i want. Cant believe i didnt think of it before hand. I like the turbo cause my goal is 550-600 HP at the Flywheel, and it puts me right at 575 after the engine mods.

Well more questions from the peanut gallery.

Okay, well im looking up more and more parts.

Im kinda rethinking some of my decisions about most of my internals.

I dont know if should go with Crower or Eagle rods.

And then i dont know if i should go with low compression CP, KMS, or EnDyn Rollerwave pistons.

Do they make a Forged crank for the H22 cause i cant find one. I plan to replace the washers and then add a block girdle to make sure there is strength in the bottom end.

Originally posted by reikoshea@Jul 5 2005, 10:29 PM
Well more questions from the peanut gallery.

Okay, well im looking up more and more parts.

Im kinda rethinking some of my decisions about most of my internals.

I dont know if should go with Crower or Eagle rods.

And then i dont know if i should go with low compression CP, KMS, or EnDyn Rollerwave pistons.

Do they make a Forged crank for the H22 cause i cant find one. I plan to replace the washers and then add a block girdle to make sure there is strength in the bottom end.
[post=521192]Quoted post[/post]​

I like H-beam style rods. They are structurely stronger then standard I-beams. And I though (I'm sure someone will tell me I'm wrong) that most VTEC engines had forged cranks from the factory. You can get aftermarket but I'm not sure of the brands or how good they are.

Back