Itr Engine?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ractive78

I was wondering what modifications would I need to put an Integra Type R motor in my 1991 Integra RS?

Why would he need a mount kit? It comes with a b18a in it, so it has mounts for a b-series.

domeskilla...please think about your posts before posting.

the early integra's have different mounts...so he'll need to talk with hasport.

secondly, a b18c5 longblock is ideally what you want, matched with a b16a ecu and obd0 distributor/wiring harness to make things easy...or just get an obd2 to obd0 wiring harness made by kenji.

as far as the transmission, there are kits available to utilize hydro transmissions in older cars...or finding a cable transmission would work.

good luck.

Are there already kits out for that?All I have seen are cable clutch hydaulic car,HAsports is on the way,but I didn't know that others where out.

Originally posted by chet@Feb 15 2003, 12:48 AM
domeskilla...please think about your posts before posting.

the early integra's have different mounts...so he'll need to talk with hasport.

secondly, a b18c5 longblock is ideally what you want, matched with a b16a ecu and obd0 distributor/wiring harness to make things easy...or just get an obd2 to obd0 wiring harness made by kenji.

as far as the transmission, there are kits available to utilize hydro transmissions in older cars...or finding a cable transmission would work.

good luck.

The kit from hasport isn't out yet and its the only kit talked about... if you know anymore, please post them.

i thought from 91-on were the same mounts, it was the pre 91 cars that were different.

Yea,the HAsport website only has the 86-89 teg and the 94 .I think you may be right Codee.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Feb 15 2003, 01:28 AM
Yea,the HAsport website only has the 86-89 teg and the 94 .I think you may be right Codee.

I figured i was.. but who the fuck knows. I dont see why HASport has the 94 tegs listed, they have the right mounts for an b-series b/c they come with one. I think maybe its replacement mounts or to show you that the civic mounts will mount a b18.. who knows!

Also-- Chet, why is whenever someone wants to stick a b16a2 into there obd0 car everyone tells them NOT to, but an ITR motor comes up and they get how-to's to stick it in. WTF? My info is learned from this site, if ppl were consistant, misinformation wouldn't be spread.

Also, obd2 motors into obd0 cars is an everyday asked question, since it can be done without all the wiring bullshit, then write an article on it.. :)

So if I bought an ITR motor with hydro tranny I would need a kit to bolt the hydro Tranny onto my car? Where would I get a kit like this from?

Originally posted by Ractive78@Feb 15 2003, 07:48 AM
So if I bought an ITR motor with hydro tranny I would need a kit to bolt the hydro Tranny onto my car? Where would I get a kit like this from?

The kit to go that way isn't out yet,according to what I read HAsports will be out in a few weeks.You can use the B18A's tranny or wait.

My friend has a 1991 integra, with a b18b, and just last week he bolted a 1997 gsr hydro tranny on it, and he didnt mention using any kits, he said it bolted right on.

Originally posted by Ractive78@Feb 15 2003, 06:22 PM
My friend has a 1991 integra, with a b18b, and just last week he bolted a 1997 gsr hydro tranny on it, and he didnt mention using any kits, he said it bolted right on.

Not without a kit he didn't.The 91 teg has a cable clutch,so he either already did the conversion before,got one and swapped it in and didn't tell you,or is full of shit.Of course if he had a B18B he probably did the conversion,since it is a hydraulic tranny motor,or used a cable.

:werd: :withstupid:

Is he driving it? A b18b/gsr tranny WILL bolt up and mount up and everything else, but it wont move b/c the car uses a cable tranny to engauge and disengauge the clutch, the 97 gsr uses hydrolic fluide to engauge and disengauge.. so how the fuck is it working? It isn't unless someone before him did the conversion or he converted it himself.

Its not that you NEED a kit if you know EVERY SINGLE part you need and directions on how to do it.

Originally posted by Ractive78@Feb 15 2003, 07:38 PM
He bought the car with a b18b in it

I can buy that,but if you say "his bolted in without any problem",then somewhere someone is going to read that and try it and get all pissed cuz they got a hydaulic tranny for a cable car.

Originally posted by Ractive78@Feb 15 2003, 01:38 PM
He bought the car with a b18b in it

okay, someone before him converted to hydro.

Did he himself put the 97 gsr tranny into the car? If not, then someone else could have used a 92-93 cable gsr tranny and just said it was hydro.

Originally posted by Domeskilla@Feb 15 2003, 01:36 AM
Also-- Chet, why is whenever someone wants to stick a b16a2 into there obd0 car everyone tells them NOT to, but an ITR motor comes up and they get how-to's to stick it in. WTF? My info is learned from this site, if ppl were consistant, misinformation wouldn't be spread.

because there are other options for the b16a that are cheaper and easier to wire in. whats the point? however, there is no obd0 spec R motor.

on top of all that, while the itr and ctr motors are called obd2, and are plugged obd2, the electronics on them are really obd1.

Back