itr

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cxjon

in the reference section its says that the 1996 itr has 200 hp is that tru?

must be the JDM ITR then because no USDM ITRs came with 200 hp OR came as a 96 model. first year of th USDM ITR was 97.

Originally posted by faq section at itrca.com
The Acura Integra Type-R first made it to production in 1995 in Japan. 2 years later in the 1997 Model Year the Untied States saw it's first Integra Type-R. The Type-R was a race bred version of the already popular Integra known to many. It has less sound deadening material to reduce weight and in 1997 came with no rear wiper and AC was optional. The interior is a combination of fabric and Alacantera (a synthetic suede material).

The Integra got a face lift in 1998 which included the Type-R. The front and rear bumpers were the most noticeable changes. Championship White was the only colors available for the 1997 and 1998 model years.

In 2000 the color scheme changed and the Type-R was no longer available in the United States in Championship White. The colors now offered were Phoenix Yellow and Flamenco Black Pearl. The only change to the interior was some faux carbon fiber inserts in the center console and air vents.

In 2001 the car still was offered in Yellow and Black but the black paint offered became Nighthawk Black.

Through all of the years the Type-R in the United states was offered with an inline 1.8 liter four cylinder engine that was rated at 195 horsepower. The Type-R had many upgrades between it as its little brother the GSR.

www.itrca.com

more useless knowledge the 96 ITR was also a 4 lug design. Read that in Honda Tuning, about inlinefour.com's company ITR imported in pieces from Japan.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Feb 19 2004, 07:50 AM
fuck inline 4 and fuck the reference section

Come on now, the reference section just needs some fine tuning that is all.

And YES, the JDM 96+ ITRs did have 200ps which equates to around 202HP.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Feb 19 2004, 01:50 AM

hmm....

thats the first time i havent seen you call it inline whore

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Feb 19 2004, 01:50 AM

oh damn imagine that B' has a problem with inline four god damn that's fuckin amazing.

Originally posted by 92b16vx+Feb 19 2004, 02:04 AM-->
pissedoffsol
@Feb 19 2004, 07:50 AM

Come on now, the reference section just needs some fine tuning that is all.

And YES, the JDM 96+ ITRs did have 200ps which equates to around 202HP.

Can you prove that from a site that might not have gotten that info from HondaSwap?

B/c if it was, you'd see ppl swear to get a 96 ITR motor, not a 98 and up JDM ITR motor. I have an importer aquaintence (sp?) and he cant' sell 96 and 97 itr's as fast as the 98 and up's do.

Originally posted by Domeskilla@Feb 19 2004, 04:20 PM
B/c if it was, you'd see ppl swear to get a 96 ITR motor, not a 98 and up JDM ITR motor. I have an importer aquaintence (sp?) and he cant' sell 96 and 97 itr's as fast as the 98 and up's do.

I know that the '96spec JDM ITR has a lower geared trans(dont know exactly which gears are different) and doesnt have a 4.785 FD, so thats mostly why the '98+spec are better.

we are talking motors.. .you are talking tranny.

motor for 96 also has a 4-2-1 header vs the 98 and up 4-1 design.

i need to prove that i was right and hondaswap was too :D

Originally posted by Domeskilla+Feb 19 2004, 11:44 PM-->

back the fuck off bro.. wth.. i simply doubted it b/c its not sought after like one with that much power should be. Also, i didnt know if you seen it on some site that could have jacked the HS reference section. But thanks for the link and excuse the fuck out of me.

Come on Codee, you know I wasn't fucking with you homie. You weren't the only one doubting it. B)

Originally posted by 92CivicCx@Feb 19 2004, 11:40 PM
so it says 200 hp at 8000 rpms? i cant make sence of it

200PS at 8,000rpms, yes PS to Hp is 200 x 1.013.

Back