its time for me to leave hondas

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

INJEN78

HS LEGEND
yep..im going to be out of hondas for this round..lol probably not for long though..
here she is..an 86 monte carlo LS,converted to an SS...it will be the LSS..
has a rebuilt 350 and rebuilt TH350 tranny..both have the receipts for the rebuilds..
car has a leaking tranny cooler line.and i need to put the exhaust back on.
has a fiberglass cowl hood,some kind of polished wheels,and idk what else..ill be trailering the rex there on saturday.and trailering this car back sameday..
plans are to get black headlight covers,i already have an edelbrock intake mani.and a holley carb..
i might get headerS(what 2? oh yea!) and a nice exhaust..then if i have it after winter its going metallic black( i have the entire paint it sitting in my room right now)
might go with a shiftkit for the trans.id like to supercharge but i probably wont..
oh yea ill also be getting the ss wing..and maybe some 373posi gears..
oh and those gay ass chrome things on the bottom are either gett ing taken off or getting painted black..
DONT WORRY I WILL STICK AROUND AND HELP THE HONDA NEWBS!!
monte.jpg

Awesome. You just scored some hetero points. I dont see a pic either though.

Do what you gotta do man, better keep us updated on this one even if it isn't a Honda. 3.73's? Boo! I'm assuming this is supposed to be staying in the DD realm, but some 4.11's might do the trick?

well troy races stock cars, its only natural.

it just says that the image has either been moved or deleted. you gonna still visit the forums? good luck on the monte, they are good cars so you wont be disappointed.

ah damn..ill get more pix tomorrow..yea im still gonna be on the forum just as much as always...
i know a good deal about these cars and ive wanted one ever since i got into racing..
my stock car used to be an 86 monte..with an ss nose

I've messed with older Chevys for decades too. Look into a 200r4 from an "actuall" monte SS or a hurst olds/ GN. the valve body is different and you can hammer on them and still have a nice .68% overdrive. (I actually have the one from my 72, Level-10 builds them to handle up to 1000hp.)The 87's (HO)started with the roller cams also.

It will bolt right in. You just have to make holes for the crossmember needs to go back about 4", and use a vacume switch for the lockup.
I had a posi 3.33:1 and at 72-75 I was only turning 2300r's with 225-60-15's
I have a never fired 406 that should be around 430hp if interested??
Extra 4bolt blocks, extra rebuilt tranys too. (it was supposed to go in the 72)

It's nice to have that torque instantly, and not waiting til 4-6grand..

Good luck with it. and if i can help, i'll try

I even know of a white Monte sitting nearby in a shed. Or another guy that has a Regal "T" Type that he was stripping.. (I wanted the drivetrain for my 87 Conquest. Heck, I even have extra V6 blocks/parts)

E

well im probably going to stick with the newly rebuilt 350 thats in it..and TH350 trans arent that bad..i ran one in my racecar and it worked like a charm..even with my shitty 242 or was it 252? gears..
ive been looking into a cam for it..i dont know..we have a 355 with shaved heads.decked black.rods,stock pistons,completely balanced,blue printed and every single gasket and everything was port matched..its sitting waiting to be put back together but that motor kicked ass.id like to put it on my car but i dont have the 10k my moms bf wants for it..
as for a job and all that..its all coming slowly

I dunno man, if you're unhappy with the way things are going right now I'm not sure getting a new project was the right idea. Especially because cars almost always cause frustration. Is it driveable as-is?

you can always have two hobbies, you can always use what you learned with hondas and use it with the chevys!

just two months ago i tuned my dads truck with a wideband and a screwdriver. lol

Get ready to enjoy half the mpgs as any Honda. Even in the muscle car realm these things are considered guzzlers. Still awesome cars though.

i dont care about the gas mileage at all..
this car is driveable it looks good and drives r ight..only problem is that the tranny cooler line has a leak in it..so i already have the shit to fix it..itll be fixed and there we go..

I've got a Comp extreme 268 (BNIB) with lifters if your looking for a mild cam. You only need a 2400-2600 converter.
Bypass that radiator, use a external trans cooler and some good synthetic atf.
OH, check the converters end that goes into the pump. If it's got chatter marks, you may want another pump/converter. Easy to change out without too much problem.
There are aftermarket gearsets that will deepen your first gear also so you can increase it about 20+% for first if you run it at full weight of about 3900lbs with you in it.
I have the EX284 in the 406 with trickflow heads. I thought of boring out the lifter bores and using AMC ones to make full use of a steeper(quicker) cam. ( I'm still waiting on roller cams to come down for a retro kit)

I thought you already OWNED the car..?

E

Back