Jackson Supercharger

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

2phatt

Has anyone out there have any experience with putting a Jackson Supercharger on a 1991 JDM B16a1 motor with a PR3 ecu?
Mechanically the Jackson Civic Si 99-00 Kit is correct for this motor but I am concerned about the electronics. I have rewired my 1990 Civic dx to accomodate the PR3 ECU. If I buy the Jackson kit that comes with the ECU I am afraid I would be facing a wiring nightmare.
Anyone been there and done that?

Thanks,
Ralph

Just to let you know man, Jackson Superchargers aren't worth the money, I'd seriously consider other options, like a custom turbo kit, alot more power at a fraction of the cost..

Just letting you know..

The JRSC is a piece of shit. Piece together your own custom turbo kit and tune on Hondata.

Thanks for the Hasport link. I hadn't seen that before.
I have hasport mounts and linkage. I'll give them a call.
I am not looking for max HP. I am looking for consistent
power from bottom to top and a system that will last and
not overstrain my motor. As far as cost, by the time you
bring the motor up to snuff to handle the high horsepower
of a turbo you will have spent alot more. Its not hard to drop
10 grand in a motor just to make it turbo worthy.
Broke toys aren't much fun and I have 2 friends with Turbo
Cars sitting on blocks, both have engine damage.
All of JRs ecus' are built by Hondata or so they told me, and If
I could locate a pin out on the ECU from that Hasport kit I could
determine if I will have a wiring nightmare.
Thanks all, and this wasn't meant as a Turbo vs Supercharger link.
I already have made that decision.

Ralph

I am looking for consistent
not overstrain my motor.

thats funny cause JRSCs are notorious for falling apart or failing... sometimes resulting in engine damage...

you don't need to boost to max boost, you can safely run 6 psi, which would be JR's max at redline, but you would have 6psi from 3000 to redline...

Originally posted by JDMPlaya@Jan 17 2005, 05:10 PM
Just to let you know man, Jackson Superchargers aren't worth the money, I'd seriously consider other options, like a custom turbo kit, alot more power at a fraction of the cost..

Just letting you know..
[post=447073]Quoted post[/post]​

:withstupid:

Originally posted by reckedracing@Jan 18 2005, 01:18 PM
not overstrain my motor.

thats funny cause JRSCs are notorious for falling apart or failing... sometimes resulting in engine damage...

you don't need to boost to max boost, you can safely run 6 psi, which would be JR's max at redline, but you would have 6psi from 3000 to redline...
[post=447553]Quoted post[/post]​

Roommate had a JRSC kit for 2 years held up no problems. Good buddy of mine cannot say the same thing about his greddy turbo kit. Shit happens that is why we have warrenties, and these are the risks of modding your car. I agree that the M45 is a small blower, but in terms of usable power, and constant power delivery it is hard to beat what a supercharger offers. So what if it does not make 6,985, 363,789whp, it still makes good power, and makes for a fun drive.

i think that you should do whatever you want..... but a homemade turbo kit can cost you atleast 1.2k with a nice manifold and turbo.......the b16 does not have the best CR for FI...thats why i dont like the b16 that much....but a SC sounds nice...good luck....after you get the SC you should look into an crv/ls/gsr block

I just like the wine of a roots blower :) I'd buy one just for that. Hell have any of you seen the ariel atom? its uses a CTR motor with a supercharger and goes 0-60 in 2.2 seconds.. haha it weighs nothing though.

I have also heard bad shit about the JRSC, for less than the cost of that kit, you could piece together your own turbo kit, get good engine managment, and tune.

Originally posted by reckedracing@Jan 18 2005, 10:18 PM

Um, no they aren't.

A roots blower (AKA JRSC kit) on a B series can make wicked power at even 6 or 8 PSI. The reason they blow so bad from the factory is the FMU/missing link/JRSC MAP modifier bullshit. Ditch all of that trash, get some 450cc injectors and tune it properly and 300 whp @ 8 PSI is not out of the question on a stock block GSR motor. And FWIW, properly set up and tuned, the things have insanely snappy response and make instant boost at nearly any RPM.

What about the m-90, I'm not too familiar with SC's so I'm just asking.

If you're willing to get a kit, why not piece one together with the M90. It's much better that way, and the m-90 doesn't require a special manifold, a few fabricated brackets the normal parts and some math and I think it might be better.

I was going to use an m90 on my 944, someone else did it and made nearly 300hp/300tq on the N/A engine, which rates out at like 160 from the factory. I've also seen a site where someone did it to an RX7.

Maybe its too big for honda, i dunno.

a M90 is huge; designed for light trucks or cars with big motors(from 3L-5L ). most kits for honda's are like M45 or M62's. the m90 would most likely require the same manifold as the m45 and m62; they mount the same way(i think, it looks so that way from the way they look.)

the older m90's do not require a special manifold i tthink it was up to 93, it is a seperatue unit, there is some modification but its much easier than tryin to make a manifold.

I am still going with the JRSC but I may have hit a small snag.
I have been talking with the people at Hasport and I am trying to determine now
if I can get the Jackson to fit next to my upgraded Brake Master. I put
in a 1" dia. Master to support my upgraded brake system and their might
be a conflict of space.
Hasport tells me for $2500 I can get the 8lb Kit and run it with my PR3 Ecu.
Or for $3500 I can get the 11lb Kit and it comes with a Hondata ECU.
They said since I have already rewired the car for the PR3, I wont have any
wiring problems. I'm kind of leary about running 11lbs on stock rods and
pistons. Decisions decisions.

Thanks all for the words.

ralph

Its not worth an extra grand. What you do is buy the hondata system seperately (i dunno $500) and have a pulley machined for you or scrape one up from somewhere (~$200).

Originally posted by reckedracing@Jan 18 2005, 04:18 PM
not overstrain my motor.

. . . . . . giving you a wider powerband and a car with a higher fun factor.

S/C's on FWD cars = :ghey:

Run 8psi, the risk of the stock block not last too long at 11psi is much higher. Then upgrade the pully and fuel management along with the blottom end being beefed up.

Back