jdm d15b crx si

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SlowCrxSi

well i swapped the d15b in my rex andit idles at 3500rpm.im using an h22 tb and z6 fr.also im still runnin oem ecu...help needed,any suggestions

you still need the correct ecu for the motor to run right

so you running at d15b vtec with a crx si ecu ? if so im guessing the motor is already messed up

its a vtec motor if you take it past where the vtec should cut on at your risking it. why not just buy a 80 dollar p28 and have vtec and be done with it

i dont take it past 3500,im not a noob i do know these things.and i cant just buy a p28 b/c then i also have to buy a jumper harness.i have $520 in this thing and thats including the $120 it took to tow it.in 2 weeks im getting the apexi neo so i can control vtec and fuel enrichment,b/c i could just hook vtec up 2 a switch but it will run lean as hell.b/c the fuel maps in the d16a6 ecu and d15b ecu are diffent.i was just asking for advice why my car WAS idling at 3500 not for you to tell me my car isnt going to run right.the h22 tb doesnt make it run any different just more air,but it really wont help too much till i port match the im.so before you start "helping" ppl with there car maybe you should do some research and experiments on what will work and what wont

i dont take it past 3500,im not a noob i do know these things.and i cant just buy a p28 b/c then i also have to buy a jumper harness.i have $520 in this thing and thats including the $120 it took to tow it.in 2 weeks im getting the apexi neo so i can control vtec and fuel enrichment,b/c i could just hook vtec up 2 a switch but it will run lean as hell.b/c the fuel maps in the d16a6 ecu and d15b ecu are diffent.i was just asking for advice why my car WAS idling at 3500 not for you to tell me my car isnt going to run right.the h22 tb doesnt make it run any different just more air,but it really wont help too much till i port match the im.so before you start "helping" ppl with there car maybe you should do some research and experiments on what will work and what wont
lmao in case you cant read i was trying to help you in my first post either one of those things i said could cause that. and yes you are a noob your doing everything half assed and your wondering why stuff dont run right.theres nothing you can tell me that i dont already know.i bet thats one real screamer of a motor you have there with it not going past 3500 rpm and all

check for vacuum leaks instead of posting, also make sure the injectors are correct. OBD1 civc injectors do not require the resistor that is in the Si .

if you read correctly i said i dont take it past that,i didnt say it wouldnt.....thanx for the help z6 but i already fixed it.

and mr vtec,you did start out givin ideas,i appreciate that.but when i told you i fixed it you was like"its still not gonna run right"and it runs fine.kindA sluggish b/c i had to retard the ignition timmin b/c i used the a6 dizzy.i just didnt like you tellin me that,so if you wanna keep arguin over the net like little kids,fine.idc

and mr vtec,you did start out givin ideas,i appreciate that.but when i told you i fixed it you was like"its still not gonna run right"and it runs fine.kindA sluggish b/c i had to retard the ignition timmin b/c i used the a6 dizzy.i just didnt like you tellin me that,so if you wanna keep arguin over the net like little kids,fine.idc
just trying to save you further headache down the road. and if its only going to 3500 rpm would you call that running right.

is the D15B motor supposed to be a high revving SOHC??? 3500rpm?? i would change the ECU, but thats me:p

ok lemme spell this out for those of you who didnt pay atten. in english class.I DO NOT TAKE IT PAST 3500, IT WILL GO PAST THAT!as i had said before,and for record im just satisfied with the car.why would i use vtec if the clutch is going to slip when i shift at high rpm?you wouldnt,you would baby it till you got the money to get it right..hmm,maybe thats what im doin?

any way,i have a problem that i kinda half assed.im using the a6 dizzy on the d15b,and lets just say it dont quite fit,it works but i have oil seeping out the bottom were the dizzy meets the head.if i use a z6 dizzy the plugs to the harness are diff. right?so should i just get wiring diagrams and splice it or what?btw if you have anything negitive to say,go whore someone else's thread.

ok lemme spell this out for those of you who didnt pay atten. in english class.I DO NOT TAKE IT PAST 3500, IT WILL GO PAST THAT!as i had said before,and for record im just satisfied with the car.why would i use vtec if the clutch is going to slip when i shift at high rpm?you wouldnt,you would baby it till you got the money to get it right..hmm,maybe thats what im doin?
may want to check out the clutch if its slipping then. A stock sohc vtec does not have the power to slip a good clutch, it is caused by adjustment or wear.

Clutch adjustment could fix that theres an adjuster on the transmission if your running a cable transmission.

Also using the Z6 distributor would require changing it to OBD1, which I would highly recommend. If not you will have to swap the internals of the distributor since the distributor internals are not compatible with OBD0.

Overall OBD1 gives you more tuning solutions and lets you run what the engine was original setup to run under.

yea the clutch is just worn,its the clutch off the a6,i used a6 clutch,pressure plate and flywheel.the a6 pressure plate wouldn fit on the d15 flywheel.i knew the clutch needed replacing i just dont have the money yet.btw if i switch everything over to obd-1 what would i swap.i know the dizzy,ecu(i would need a jumper harness).but would i just need and under hood harness from an ex or si eg and it plug right in?

Back