JDM D15B Swap into 95 dx HB done but slight problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

RichmondEG

Hey Guys, im new around here and would like to ask for some help. Last weekend i did my first swap. JDM d15B vtec put into my 95 dx HB. The swap was pretty simple and i thought i did everything right. Wired the Vtec and oil pressure switch. The P28 i had was for an Auto so i had to convert that to Manual. Swaped in a EX tranny and new Exedy stage 1 clutch. So everything go's smooth and i fire up the car. Wow no CEL's at all. Take the car for a spin and when i punch the gas i can feel the extra kick it has. NICE!!! but as im coming back i hit the gas again then i let go and the car keeps revving up. I check for vaccume leak and could not find one. There are 2 things i can think of. First it sounds like the throw out bearing is bad. making noise even tho its new. 2nd maybe can it be due to me using my old B7 Intake Mani? i had to clamp one of the hoses off as it is not used on the D15B. Either im guessing that hose is leaking a little or maybe i need a Vtec intake mani as this seems to only happen when i go WOT. Can someone shed some light on this for me. :confused:

check for a leak on that hose, also check the throttle cable and make sure its not getting stuck or not letting the throttle body shut all the way

reving up with your foot off the gas is not throw out bearing or clutch
yes throttle cable might be the problem

plugged hose is probably the intake valve on back of USDM intakes that JDM don;t use....it goes to the charcoal canister. Maybe thats it. I put a screw in mine to plug it and no probs

reving up with your foot off the gas is not throw out bearing or clutch
yes throttle cable might be the problem

plugged hose is probably the intake valve on back of USDM intakes that JDM don;t use....it goes to the charcoal canister. Maybe thats it. I put a screw in mine to plug it and no probs
I did the same thing, put a bolt in the hole and clamped it down. I will check the throttle cable and maybe even just put my other one back on the see if it fixes the problem. Only thing is it will go away if i shit to a higher gear. say if i hit it in 2nd when i shift to 3rd the car will still keep revving up with me not pressing the gas. the only way i get it to stop is if i shift up to 4th or 5th and wait a sec to let it go down (RPM's) but yeah i had already mess with the cable and didn't notice anything wrong with it so thats kinda why i leaning towards just putting my old one back on. other than that everythng is GREAT!!!! LOVE Vtec now just need to chip ECU.

High rpm shifting means the next gear is also going to be relatively high rpm too

That means the throttle is still open even with foot off the gas (like down shifting)

So that makes sense that it 'seems' fine at high rpm

And you're saying low rpm shifting...it keeps accelerating when you don't want it to

That does still sound like throttle cable or gas pedal mechanisms under the dash.

You're reving up and shifting only to have the throttle stick....I say something sticking.

Or maybe a sensor on the throttle body (don't think MAP would do that though)

TPS?

Does it do it when you sit and rev it? If it does....Looked under the hood at cable while you rev'd it?

Ahhh problem solved. After stressing that i might have a vaccume leak or something else wrong i checked the throttle cable and found that the rubber boot had slid down and was causing the throttle to get stuck. I moved it back and zip tied it down and presto the car runs great. Now i just have to fix the stupid throw out bearing and everthing will be great. Next up will be my Suspension. I already have H&R sport spings I just need to get some struts. Any one have some suggestions, im not looking to spend any more than $400 and would like to stay in the 300-350 range if i can. I was thinking about going with the KYB AGX???

Sounds like metal grinding or bearings loose? If so, might be the input shaft bearing; notorious for going bad in D-series transmissions.

Back