jdm h22a 95 in accord 94

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

xela_127

hi guys thanx alot for all the answer you provide me they have been really helpful. but there'S one thing wich ain't right. i wrote a topic about axle and half-shalf. let me remind you. i got a jdm lsd tranny that came with the half-shalf. i was running automatic now it's manual. the axle on the passenger side is an accord axle wich is the same from manual to automatic. i heard i have to use all accord axle. so i bought a new axle for driver side for a manual. wich is suppose to fit. but there is the problem : the half-shalf 1 side to tranny the other is a male end. so i figure i need a female axle for the driver side to plug on the male side of the half-shaft but what i got instead was a 2 male end axle.
so are prelude and accord manual axle really the same?
what's my problem? the axle or the half shaft?
do i have to use accord half-shaft?
thanx guys!!!!!

i have a 94 accord with a 94 jdm h22 (5 spd) and i used both of the prelude axles...they are stronger. i also used the prelude half shaft. i didnt have any fitment issues...i dont know if the auto and manual axels are different but mine worked fine.

Originally posted by powerdriverh22@Aug 17 2005, 07:53 PM
i have a 94 accord with a 94 jdm h22 (5 spd) and i used both of the prelude axles...they are stronger. i also used the prelude half shaft. i didnt have any fitment issues...i dont know if the auto and manual axels are different but mine worked fine.
[post=541478]Quoted post[/post]​

ok thanx i'll try that tommorow morning (i'll call napa to see if the prelude axle is female at the half-shaft end) can you answer that question?
any 1 else got something to say?

Originally posted by xela_127+Aug 17 2005, 06:03 PM-->
powerdriverh22
@Aug 17 2005, 07:53 PM
i have a 94 accord with a 94 jdm h22 (5 spd) and i used both of the prelude axles...they are stronger.  i also used the prelude half shaft.  i didnt have any fitment issues...i dont know if the auto and manual  axels are different but mine worked fine.
[post=541478]Quoted post[/post]​

ok thanx i'll try that tommorow morning (i'll call napa to see if the prelude axle is female at the half-shaft end) can you answer that question?
any 1 else got something to say?
[post=541483]Quoted post[/post]​

the prelude halfshaft has a male spline and will meet with a large female cv joint caseing. hope that helps

use the prelude half shaft and either prelude or Accord axles for a manual transmission. They are the same.

ok thanx guys i think that they sold me the wrong drive axle even though i chek the part number to be sure so i guess they must have a wrong listing
thanx guys been really helpful!

ok i went to napa today to get to good drive-axle. when i ask for an accord one they gave me a 2 male end axle. so i ask i'm to see what the prelude 1 look like and it has 1 female end with 1 male end.(finally the one i needed). so how come all of you guys tell me that accord axle would fit? maybe the canadian model of the car witch is EX 2.2l non v-tech as a not the same half-shalf. i guess to canadian version as a half-shalf wich is female end to the axle. anyway let me know what you think about that!
i'll get the prelude 1 tommorrow hope it fits!!!!
thanx!

Originally posted by xela_127@Aug 18 2005, 03:57 PM
ok i went to napa today to get to good drive-axle. when i ask for an accord one they gave me a 2 male end axle. so i ask i'm to see what the prelude 1 look like and it has 1 female end with 1 male end.(finally the one i needed). so how come all of you guys tell me that accord axle would fit? maybe the canadian model of the car witch is EX 2.2l non v-tech as a not the same half-shalf. i guess to canadian version as a half-shalf wich is female end to the axle. anyway let me know what you think about that!
i'll get the prelude 1 tommorrow hope it fits!!!!
thanx!
[post=542059]Quoted post[/post]​

the accord passanger axle is the only one that will fit the driverside accord axle wont. the prelude axels will be much stronger anyway. im sure those will work for u!! i did the same swap about a year ago. your gonna love it!

Originally posted by powerdriverh22@Aug 18 2005, 04:22 PM
the prelude axels will be much stronger anyway.
[post=542091]Quoted post[/post]​

They're the same axle.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord+Aug 19 2005, 08:49 AM-->
powerdriverh22
@Aug 18 2005, 04:22 PM

They're the same axle.
[post=542348]Quoted post[/post]​

so if they are the same why are they different part numbers?????? if the are the same axles then why does the driver side have a female recieving knuckle(prelude) insted of a male spline(Accord).... if they are the same then why is the prelude axle thicker than the accord.....THEY ARE NOT THE SAME

Originally posted by powerdriverh22+Aug 19 2005, 01:43 PM-->
Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Aug 19 2005, 08:49 AM
powerdriverh22

They're the same axle.

so if they are the same why are they different part numbers?????? if the are the same axles then why does the driver side have a female recieving knuckle(prelude) insted of a male spline(Accord).... if they are the same then why is the prelude axle thicker than the accord.....THEY ARE NOT THE SAME
[post=542464]Quoted post[/post]​

i would tottally agree with that they are not the same!!! not on canadian model anyway! thanx for all i'll be running the car today thanx!!!

just wait till you hit vtec for the first time it feels great....glad to see you got it up and running

Originally posted by powerdriverh22+Aug 19 2005, 10:43 AM-->
powerdriverh22

They're the same axle.

I'll tell you what I know from my swap:

95 Accord, JDM H22A

I used the halfshaft that came with the engine. I then plugged my Accord axles into the halfshaft and transmission, and fired her up.

I compared the Prelude axles that came with my swap (broken/cut) with my Accord axles. They were the same thickness. The Prelude axles are not thicker.

If you go to Napa, and ask for either a 92-96 Prelude axle or a 94-95 Accord axle, you will get the same axle.

Perhaps there is an issue with newer Prelude engines and/or newer Accords. I'm not sure. But believe me, 4th/5th gen Accords and 4th gen Preludes share the same axle, at least as far as the refurbished world is concerned.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord+Aug 19 2005, 12:25 PM-->
Originally posted by powerdriverh22@Aug 19 2005, 10:43 AM
powerdriverh22

They're the same axle.

I'll tell you what I know from my swap:

95 Accord, JDM H22A

I used the halfshaft that came with the engine. I then plugged my Accord axles into the halfshaft and transmission, and fired her up.

I compared the Prelude axles that came with my swap (broken/cut) with my Accord axles. They were the same thickness. The Prelude axles are not thicker.

If you go to Napa, and ask for either a 92-96 Prelude axle or a 94-95 Accord axle, you will get the same axle.

Perhaps there is an issue with newer Prelude engines and/or newer Accords. I'm not sure. But believe me, 4th/5th gen Accords and 4th gen Preludes share the same axle, at least as far as the refurbished world is concerned.
[post=542488]Quoted post[/post]​

how about u drive over to honda get the part number and tell me what you get im gonna put money its different part numbers. accord and prelude axles are not the same...lets see f22=130hp JDM h22=200 hp the h22 has tons more torque as well. prelude axles are different thickness and strength and are not the exact same. i have a 94 accord with a 94 jdm h22 this is not the only one i have done....im thinkin you got your axles mixed up because the accord driverside axle wont work

they are not the same axle, no matter which way you look at it... the prelude shaft is thicker than either the 4th or 5th gen accord axle, and they are also longer than the 4th gen accord axles.

Originally posted by evoracer03@Aug 19 2005, 11:56 PM
they are not the same axle, no matter which way you look at it... the prelude shaft is thicker than either the 4th or 5th gen accord axle, and they are also longer than the 4th gen accord axles.
[post=542713]Quoted post[/post]​

thank you finally someone agrees with me!!!! thanks for your input!

Originally posted by powerdriverh22@Aug 19 2005, 12:58 PM
how about u drive over to honda get the part number and tell me what you get im gonna put money its different part numbers. accord and prelude axles are not the same...lets see f22=130hp JDM h22=200 hp the h22 has tons more torque as well. prelude axles are different thickness and strength and are not the exact same. i have a 94 accord with a 94 jdm h22 this is not the only one i have done....im thinkin you got your axles mixed up because the accord driverside axle wont work
[post=542547]Quoted post[/post]​

You shouldn't be speaking in horsepower numbers. Horsepower doesn't stress axles - torque does. So NOW let's look at those numbers:

JDM H22: 161 foot-pounds
USDM F22: anywhere from 135 foot-pounds to 141 foot-pounds

Believe me, Honda isn't going to agonize over 20-25 foot pounds of torque. If you think you need thicker axles to manage 25 foot-pounds of torque, then my WRX should be sporting upgraded axles to manage the 55 more foot-pounds over stock I'm applying to the wheels. :)

BTW, I couldn't get the axles mixed up: Both of the Prelude axles were cut when I got my swap. As I mentioned, I took my Accord axles and plugged them into the halfshaft. I suppose it's possible that I somehow managed to use the Accord halfshaft on the H22 block (this was 4 years ago), but I seem to remember the bolt holes not lining up.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord+Aug 22 2005, 10:12 AM-->
powerdriverh22
@Aug 19 2005, 12:58 PM
how about u drive over to honda get the part number and tell me what you get im gonna put money its different part numbers.  accord and prelude axles are not the same...lets see f22=130hp JDM h22=200 hp the h22 has tons more torque as well.  prelude axles are different thickness and strength and are not the exact same.  i have a 94 accord with a 94 jdm h22 this is not the only one i have done....im thinkin you got your axles mixed up because the accord driverside axle wont work
[post=542547]Quoted post[/post]​

You shouldn't be speaking in horsepower numbers. Horsepower doesn't stress axles - torque does. So NOW let's look at those numbers:

JDM H22: 161 foot-pounds
USDM F22: anywhere from 135 foot-pounds to 141 foot-pounds

Believe me, Honda isn't going to agonize over 20-25 foot pounds of torque. If you think you need thicker axles to manage 25 foot-pounds of torque, then my WRX should be sporting upgraded axles to manage the 55 more foot-pounds over stock I'm applying to the wheels. :)

BTW, I couldn't get the axles mixed up: Both of the Prelude axles were cut when I got my swap. As I mentioned, I took my Accord axles and plugged them into the halfshaft. I suppose it's possible that I somehow managed to use the Accord halfshaft on the H22 block (this was 4 years ago), but I seem to remember the bolt holes not lining up.
[post=543514]Quoted post[/post]​

you know what if it makes u feel better then ur right. im wrong cause i havent ever done 5 of these swaps. maybe you had a diff trany but im telling you the 5 i did i used all JDM prelude parts.

This isn't a question of my feeling better or being right. I'm simply telling you how my swap went. I did it myself. I didn't buy new axles. Really, I wish I could remember back so that it was crystal-clear, but I can't.

Things I KNOW:
- I used my Accord axles
- the Prelude axles were cut, so I couldn't use them
- the Accord halfshaft wouldn't bolt to the Prelude block
- I had the M2A4 non-LSD tranny

Things I can't remember for sure:
- whether we somehow made a bastard of the Prelude and Accord halfshafts to make them work, if we ever had a problem with the Accord axles not working in the first place

Back