JDM question

El Capitan

Hey, ill be swaping a motor into my 97 hatch, i've been thinking about goin JDM but will there be a problem between the harnesses because ones for right hand drive and the other isn't? or what other problems would i encounter?

Thanks in advance :D

civiclxb16

use your stock harness and just add the vtec wiring if you have to. i swapped a motor in my 97 civic and i used my stock harness

El Capitan

alrighty,

one more quick question if i have the ECU from both the old engine D16, and im getting a B16B with one as well which should i use?

jdmeg6

Originally posted by El Capitan@Jun 29 2005, 06:59 PM
alrighty,

one more quick question if i have the ECU from both the old engine D16, and im getting a B16B with one as well which should i use?
[post=518376]Quoted post[/post]​

Use the B16B ECU of course...and damn, your gettin a type r motor huh? :thumbsup:

civiclxb16

Originally posted by El Capitan@Jun 29 2005, 09:59 PM
alrighty,

[post=518376]Quoted post[/post]​

dude for sure the b16b ecu man i think you might have some problems with that jdm ecu (still learning about ecus) but you can use a chipped p30 or a chipped p28 i am not to sure about the b16b ecus good luck with that post some pics when you get it done!

n1mr0d

you wont have any problems with the stock B16B ecu. The D series harness is prewired for vtec (atleast the 5g civics are) just add knock sensor wire, switch a couple in the harness and your golden. You migh not have to switch any but I am just speakin from my experience when I did my SIR G swap.

xj0hnx

I wanna be sedated
VIP
Originally posted by n1mr0d@Jun 30 2005, 06:11 AM
you wont have any problems with the stock B16B ecu. The D series harness is prewired for vtec (atleast the 5g civics are) just add knock sensor wire, switch a couple in the harness and your golden. You migh not have to switch any but I am just speakin from my experience when I did my SIR G swap.
[post=518451]Quoted post[/post]​

He has a 97 :|