JDM sidemarker wiring

seanjuan

Senior Member
so I'm trying to figure out how to wire up these side markers and wondering if anyone here knows how these sidemarkers are supposed to work

are they just supposed to be on all the time with the parking lights?
are they only supposed to come on when the turn signal is on?
or are they supposed to be on all the time and get brighter when the turn signal is on?

if it is one of the first two I can handle that
but if it is the third then I'm wondering how that is supposed to be wired up?
do you just run a power wire from the parking light and from the turn signal to the positive lead on the side markers?

any help would be nice
I have a pretty good understanding of circuits and the whole parallel, series blah blah blah because I had to take some circuits classes at the UofM for my Mech. E. degree

thanks
Sean
 
well i do alot of night driving so i have them on all the time and the blink...i do this in hoping that it gives more light to my car so big mother truckers can see me
 

n1mr0d

Senior Member
Speaking of. I thought that the stock location of the eg amber side markers was the front trim pannel piece? You pop that out and cut the hole to fit the eg markers? Am I worng? I didnt think that it was above the trim piece on the fender?
 

xj0hnx

I wanna be sedated
VIP
Right here...

 

civic92jak

Senior Member
^ is the right place and you can wire them three different ways.

1. Only blinks-ground and green
2. Stays on only-ground and red
3. On and blinks-green and red

I have mine on and blinking also.
 

seanjuan

Senior Member
Originally posted by jdmlovingcrx@May 25 2005, 02:58 PM
well i do alot of night driving so i have them on all the time and the blink...i do this in hoping that it gives more light to my car so big mother truckers can see me
[post=503454]Quoted post[/post]​



so you have the power lead from the parking light and from the turn signal both wired to the positive terminal of the side marker?
and you don't have any problems with bulbs burning out or anything?

this is most likely how I'll wire mine up, I think it will help with visibility as you said

thanks guys
 
my crx has had them on for a year and a half and my del sol has had them for a year and no problems....soiler all my connections and heat shrinked them and no problems what so ever
 

xj0hnx

I wanna be sedated
VIP
If a car can't see you headlights, than having little lights on teh side isn't goiing to make them see you, just wire them right, don't be a dork.
 
Originally posted by 92b16vx@May 26 2005, 09:29 AM
If a car can't see you headlights, than having little lights on teh side isn't goiing to make them see you, just wire them right, don't be a dork.
[post=503853]Quoted post[/post]​




ok if they are next to i think it would...if having extra saftey ideas makes me fell beter makes me a dork then i am a dork.

his are clear anyway...mine are the real deal from japan
 

baker423

Senior Member
Originally posted by jdmlovingcrx@May 26 2005, 03:10 PM
his are clear anyway...mine are the real deal from japan
[post=503966]Quoted post[/post]​



That def makes you faster and more JDM than anyone i know! <_<
 

civic92jak

Senior Member
I don't have any probs with builbs burning out. And i am a "DORK". I like the looks of them being on at night with the other parking lights.
 

xj0hnx

I wanna be sedated
VIP
Originally posted by jdmlovingcrx+May 26 2005, 08:10 PM-->
@May 26 2005, 09:29 AM
If a car can't see you headlights, than having little lights on teh side isn't goiing to make them see you, just wire them right, don't be a dork.
[post=503853]Quoted post[/post]​




ok if they are next to i think it would...if having extra saftey ideas makes me fell beter makes me a dork then i am a dork.

his are clear anyway...mine are the real deal from japan
[post=503966]Quoted post[/post]​

Or, maybe like the LED nozzles for your windshield washers, and underboby neons, they could distract other drivers.
 
Originally posted by 92b16vx+May 27 2005, 01:33 PM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 26 2005, 08:10 PM
92b16vx
@May 26 2005, 09:29 AM
If a car can't see you headlights, than having little lights on teh side isn't goiing to make them see you, just wire them right, don't be a dork.
[post=503853]Quoted post[/post]​




ok if they are next to i think it would...if having extra saftey ideas makes me fell beter makes me a dork then i am a dork.

his are clear anyway...mine are the real deal from japan
[post=503966]Quoted post[/post]​

Or, maybe like the LED nozzles for your windshield washers, and underboby neons, they could distract other drivers.
[post=504377]Quoted post[/post]​



ok????? i doubt that or they would be illegal(as they are in the fine state of ohio)

and if they are distracting to ppl like you, you should not be on any road anywhere...i bet looking at christmas lights is distracting to you.


one word....multi-task
 

xj0hnx

I wanna be sedated
VIP
Originally posted by jdmlovingcrx@Jun 1 2005, 04:51 PM
ok????? i doubt that or they would be illegal(as they are in the fine state of ohio)

and if they are distracting to ppl like you, you should not be on any road anywhere...i bet looking at christmas lights is distracting to you.


one word....multi-task
[post=506101]Quoted post[/post]​

I'll multi-task your ass in circles. If you want to wire your lights wrong, and look like some moron ricer that doesn't know how to do things correctly, go right ahead.
 
Top