JDM tranny swap question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

94RedSiGal

So... as B, E and Clayton know (and thanks to all of you!), I now have a JDM D-series tranny installed in my 1994 stock Si. The tranny code is S20. My speedo sensor doesn't work. So a VSS swap is in order. So what parts do I need to scrounge up? JDM or USM parts? Do I need to find a JDM plug to splice into my wiring harness? I can't have such a quick car and NOT have a working speedo.

Help!

Also without a working VSS the vtec won't kick in. Anyone should work, maybe the one from you old tranny.

The VSS on my jdm b16 was jacked up after my swap so I repinned the plug. This still didn't work so I went to the junk yard and got a VSS of a Prelude. It's been working fine since. You might want to just pull it and bring it to the junk yard or parts store to get the right match. A USDM will work on it just fine try your old one.

I went to the dealership and got a printout of an exploded view of the speedo sensor. Some stuff underneath needs to be swapped over.

So this seems to be the stuff that needs to move over to the new tranny. It's just underneath the top plug assembly.

VSS.jpg

Looks simple enough... but for some odd reason, Clayton persuaded me to LEAVE my old Si tranny down in his garage in CT. So I have to go back down there for the parts. *sigh*

Back