JRSC b20vtec integra... finally made a thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

FLounder

power hungry
VIP
Been meaning to make a thread about the build for a while. I paid a local performance shop to build the motor and install the supercharger. There were some snags, I ended up having to buy more parts than I originally thought, but thats the norm for any build. I did some of the work on the car, but the shop did the bottom end and supercharger. They did more in 3 weeks than I did in the whole first year Ive now owned the car!

A friend of mine tuned the car on Neptune, he is a very well known tuner in south fl and helped me a lot with the build. On the initial dyno tune the car made 226hp/177tq. This was only to get it running with the supercharger and bigger injectors. The torque curve was so ridiculously fat. It is only making 7psi and needs some more tuning. Its still pretty quick and real fun :D

sorry the vid cuts off, camera died...

jrscteg006.jpg

jrscteg1003.jpg

jrscteg1004.jpg

jrscteg009.jpg

jrscteg010.jpg

Took it to the track to practice with my newfound horsepower. I went on a NSCRA sponsored test and tune, and a whole lot of my buddies from floridahondacrew.com were out there. Got some good advice and managed to borrow a helmet for the day. Found out its really easy to spin my little BFG drag radials. Finally started getting the hang of launching and got the two-step set right and managed to run pretty consistent low 13s at 104-105 mph. I still need more practice and new engine mounts and it should really be hitting high 12s. my best 60ft times were only 2.0s, I know i can do better with more practice.

nscra2.jpg

nscrafreeday003.jpg

nscrafreeday004.jpg

nscrafreeday008.jpg

nscrafreeday010.jpg

nscrafreeday027.jpg

heres a couple vids from that day.... i get a terrible start in one and run a 13.7, the other one is not so bad, i run a 13.3

YouTube - Mike's track run #1

YouTube - Mike's track run #2

Build Specs:

b20z block 84.5mm
Eagle H beam rods
CP pistons 9:1 (actual CR closer to 9.5:1)
ACL race bearings
b16a head w/ all new oem valves, seals, valve job
crower dual valve springs
crower titanium retainers
Blox A cams
Buddy Club adjustable cam gears
RC 550cc injectors
hondata IM gasket
ajdustable FPR
Walbro 255lph fuel pump
62mm throttle body (want a bigger one!)
ebay intake
RMF replica header 4-1 narrow style
T1R 2.5" test pipe and cat back exhaust
ACT HD pressure plate w/ ACT performance street disc
ACT streetlight 12.5lb flywheel

probably more that I cant think of... and of course during the build all seals, belts, gaskets, water pump, oil pump, etc were all changed.

updates will be coming! more boost and more tuning... and maybe a few other things... :ph34r:

Im trying to get 300whp out of this thing :)

Last edited:
F'n right! About time you shared this beast with us! I'm diggin the black wheels on white teggy. Those dyno #'s sound about right for 7 psi. Throw an LHT on there and crank it up to 10psi. Those times are pretty good. My best on 7 psi was a 13.4 @ 107. This was with a 2.3 60' running an open diff, all seasons, and a stock header. Just shows what the light ass hatch can do to improve times. I never ran mine once I ran 10psi and a good header, tho it felt MUCH quicker.

Congrats on finishing the project. Keep us updated on your progress. That thing has got to be an absolute blast on the street. IMO jrsc b series makes the best quick DD hondas.

oh yeah its so much fun! making lots of torque everywhere was a strange feeling at first :D

keep in mind with these times this is a full weight integra with power everything, AC, PS, etc. the guys at the track seemed to think i must be making at least 250whp to hit those trap speeds.

im debating on whether to go with e85, meth injection, or LHT

I like the idea of the LHT because once it is installed, it's a maintenance free mod.

I remember when I first got to drive my car with the jrsc. All I did was drive around and hammer the gas in 1st gear at 2k rpm's and be able to instantly roast the tires. No N/A or turbo 4 cylinder is going to do that.

LHT is a company that retrofits the jrsc intake manifold to be a water to air intercooler.

thanks for the compliments guys.

stock sleeves yes... i know everyone freaks out about the thin b20 sleeves, but there are lots of guys over 300whp on stock sleeves. if its tuned right i dont think theres much to worry about.

transmission is a open diff GSR

some more random pics....

bfg drag radials on these unknown spray painted wheels, at least they sorta match with my flat black group Ns
cai011.jpg

pbir001.jpg

rotagroupn026.jpg

love the del sol seats, so comfy
rotagroupn022.jpg

rotagroupn012.jpg

rotagroupn011.jpg

rotagroupn006.jpg

sometimes i miss these wheels..
dc2015.jpg

Eh, when I had stock sleeves on a LS my tuner didnt want to go over 300 because "I dont want oil on my dyno rollers" lol.

But other than that, that teg is fucking sexy as hell! super nice man!

HHhhmmmm.. There is a person locally here that is selling a supercharger on craigslist, but its' for a D series..

I'm with you on the sleeves. I think that they can handle more than people imagine. You just happened to do it right by getting it tuned correctly.

Nice ... E

its fun, i just took it out for a ride. it just absolutely annihilates the tires any time you want in first or second. definitely brings a smile to my face :)

once i get this sucker back on the dyno, ill get some graphs to post up. the torque is amazing on the street, feels like a beast.

i found a picture of the exhaust, i wish it was still this clean and shiny!

T1R013.jpg

Check out the MFactory LSD's. They're great stuff and resonably priced. Less than a Quaife and there are some threads on H-T that suggest even better quality than the Quaife.. I just picked one up..

Nice teg BTW, looks like a fun ride!

a new little mod for the track ive been working on....

1259182212.jpg

1259182211.jpg

got some extra headlights so i decided to cut one up :D

cut it with a dremel, which worked pretty good despite the slight melting that happened. the cut on the front is pretty nice, the back is a little more hacked but oh well. the mounts are all intact and everything, it should look pretty clean mounted up. next time i get a day off and its not raining ill mount it up and take pics.

put my modified headlight in today, also installed an ITR front lip. will be getting the lip painted soon.

at the track i will take the filter out and connect the velocity stack directly to the intake pipe, for a nice smooth ram air effect.

my camera broke so these were taken with my phone... not the greatest

1259529027.jpg

1259529030.jpg

1259528955.jpg

1259528954.jpg

1259528848.jpg

1259528728.jpg

1259528723.jpg

Last edited:
Back