Just A Thought....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

NONJDMHATCH

I was thinking of selling my hatch to buy a new lancer evo III.... Just looking for opinions on if I should do it or not.... HELP!!! I'm torn on a decision

Lancer Evo III. You can't get those here in the States. If you mean Evo VIII, if you can pony up $29K then go for it.

LOL!!! Yeah I meant the evo VIII (brain fart) The money isn't that big a deal I've just put a lot of time and money in the hatch and it's been sitting in the garage at my dad's house for over 2 years...So I figure since I haven't driven it in forever I won't miss it... I know when I go home in april If I drive I'll change my mind so that's kinda why I was posting this...just for some others opinions...

If they are relaible, it will be one of the few cars I would got out of my Honda for.

I told my dad that in 3 weeks when it comes out, i am going to make him do a "I would like to buy a EVO VIII for my 16 year old son and he would like to test drive it" kinda of thing. I so hope they let me test drive it. Towards the end of the test drive, I am going to do a rolling start, aka while going 10 mph, rev it up to like 3k (where ever the turbo lag stops) and then dump the clutch, see how fast i lunge. The best thing is I think my dad is going to do it (ps my dad you never buy me a car even if he was rich)

Originally posted by lsvtec@Jan 17 2003, 06:12 PM
If they are relaible, it will be one of the few cars I would got out of my Honda for.

reliable? its a mitsubishi, so i guess youre staying in a honda :D

A guy I work with has a evo VI that's pulling 450 hp and has had no problems with it at all...But I use to have a GST eclipse that was in the shop more than I drove it....Maybe I should just buy a s2k instead

We did an EVOIII motor swap in a 91 talonTSI. That thing is a monster with a big 16G ported and clipped 10degrees turbo on it. He is about to put in a 5th gear that will allow him to top out at 208MPH! I will let you guys know how that feels when I get back this summer.

dsm = damn shit mobile

reliability + dsm = WTF were you smoking when you thought that

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jan 19 2003, 05:57 PM
reliability + dsm = WTF were you smoking when you thought that

I figured that the Lancer is a pretty reliable car in Japan (at least we don't hear about them self destructing all that often. Maybe this one will continue that trend.

I like the styling of the STI better, plus the STI has 20 more hp. (300) I just wish that it came in a 2 door.

Screw 20 more hp. You know how much hp you can get out of a 4G63 easily w/no bottom end work?

And dsm's can be mostly reliable, a couple of my friends haven't had much trouble with their's(modded and unmodded).

Originally posted by asmallsol@Jan 19 2003, 09:16 PM
I like the styling of the STI better, plus the STI has 20 more hp. (300) I just wish that it came in a 2 door.

uhh last i checked sti had 271 hp, and evo viii had 270(rated), but from what i read the evo was dynoed in the states and put down just over 300hp, and they had to under rate it to get it out of japan legally....that and according to motor trend, the evo will go 0-60 in lik 4.8(dont quote me but i kno its under 5) seconds. the sti however goes in about 5.5 i beleive i read, i was a big wrx fan, but the more i read the more i lean for the evo..

0-60 in an evo is like 4.5-4.8 depending on which magazine you read, and they were dynoed at 320

just in case everyone didnt know
EVO > STI

But the EVO and the STi are both slated to come to the States in their full 300hp+ form, the Skyline that Nissan is talking about giving us is pathetic.

isnt the skyline suposed to be a four door when it comes here ( or is it gonna look like the concept R35.. that would be nice )....and i heard its suposed to look like the big brother of that four door 350z infinite ( i think its the q45??) but anyway that price stated earlier is the BASE price...they're suposed to be like 37xxx from what my local dealer told me. and from the numbers in sport compact the EVO wasted the STi in everything but skid pad and price. frankly im with the S2000 idea...you keep the honda name and the S2000 is just a nice ass car and well powered.... but if you REALLY mean " money is not a big deal" why dont you vist acura and go snatch up an NSX.... :worthy: hondas still own as far as im concerned

New skyline no,but for $30,000 forget the mitsu,give Motorex a call and get a :worthy: real one :D

I am too tall to effectively drive and S2000. My legs are too long to heel tow in that car. I hit the steering wheel. :(

Back