Just got back my SI w/ a built b18

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

tkcivic

First off I'm new to the forum so just wanted to say hey!

Anyways, I have a 99 Civic si that I just got back after quite awhile (2 yrs, long story) after having blown the original motor, which was on its last limbs...

It now has a B18c type r w/ heads, cams, headers, intake and exhaust. I think the motor made around 200hp stock to the crank. I'm just really curious as to what kind of #s it might be putting to the wheels now. I was hoping maybe at least 230fwhp?? I really have no clue.

My boyfriend thinks that it may be as fast as or faster than his 00 Mustang GT. (Exhaust and a tune).

anyways, let me know what you guys think!!

What is the compression of the motor? What cams are you running? Is it tuned? I'd say you are making anywhere from 160-210whp.

Its got skunk 2 stage 2 cams. I think the compression should be about 11:1. The shop I had it at pretty much just stuck the motor in my car and added my old mods to it. It probably doesnt have a real serious tune though. I didnt get a chance to talk to the main mechanic at the shop when I got it back so I'm kinda unsure on a few things :/ I was out of a car for 2 yrs and was desperate to get it back lol

and how do you think I'd do against the Mustang? My boyfriend and I kinda have a rivalry thing going..he has a 2000 GT with full exhaust and a 93 octane tune.

You'll lose, plain and simple. That honda won't keep up with that Mustang until it's either boosted/built or on a shot. What does it matter anyway? You have a rice burner, he has a muscle car, two different worlds.

Dang, I knew I should have listend to my boyfriend and just gotten a Mustang to begin with instead of a pos Honda :/ ughhh life lessons...

sounds like a plan. The only reason I thought I might keep up with him is cause my car is so light. Its original factory weight is 2606 vs the Mustangs 3202. But still...

Thats the old thought, but in most drag racing cases its misleading. FWD = little to no traction unless its well modified/tuned. 4 banger = no torque. So though you're lighter, he'll most likely jump out in front of you off the line and he's got enough power to keep it that way.

Thats the old thought, but in most drag racing cases its misleading. FWD = little to no traction unless its well modified/tuned. 4 banger = no torque. So though you're lighter, he'll most likely jump out in front of you off the line and he's got enough power to keep it that way.

Yea...your probably right. That's a good call. I should have just stayed in the damn kitchen where I belong :/

Yea...your probably right. That's a good call. I should have just stayed in the damn kitchen where I belong :/
ttiwwop

you stand a good chance with the civic. those mustangs really aren't that fast. get yourself a good tune, lsd, and some drag radials and you will probably win that race. don't count yourself out, those mustangs are overrated.

Dang, I can only imagine if he put as much work in his car as I have mine. I wouldnt stand a chance then lol

But at least I might be able to get him with drag radials. Kinda sucks though when you have to have Dr's to beat someone with street tires :/

trolled.jpg

Don't count yourself out yet. My buddy tyler had a had a modified 2000 mustang gt. He had a intake, exhaust, clutch, and decent street tires. I cleaned his clock one night with my old crx. zc swap. ported head, 10.2 compression, intake, exhaust, 9.5 lb flywheel and good clutch. He claims he missed a shift but I know for sure that his launch was crap. I had him by about three lengths. If he had a good launch it would have been closer for sure but the point is that it is possible to whoop a mustang with a honda.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back