Just got some new toys

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

totalburnout

VIP
Well, today was a very happy day.

For starters, the insurance money I received for my run in with the deer will more than cover the parts and labor to make my car like new again - WITH AN EXTRA $2000 left over. :) I'm going to have the paintless dent guy remove all 7 of the tiny door dings on the car that I can find and have the car resprayed and blended where it got keyed. I'll still have quite a bit of money left over for the parts fund as well - so I won't even need to dip into savings.

I received some new toys for the WRX. I ordered a carbon fiber OEM style hood for the car after my little run in with the deer and must say that its absolutely gorgeous. Its not yet installed on the car but it looks amazing and has a much larger and more aggressive looking hoodscoop than the traditional '02 scoop.

Seibon is the manufacturer of the hood. The hood by itself was $488 shipped to my door and then I went ahead and got some silver sparco hood pins and tein dampers. I'm not sure if I'm going to keep the dampers because they're the traditional tein green color and probably will loook ungodly stupid on my WRB and carbon fiber car.

I also just got my new helix uppipe today that will get installed as soon as I find either a turboback system or a downpipe to add to my current Blitz nur spec axleback. The blitz exhaust sounds amazing but its was tested as the loudest aftermarket exhaust made for the WRX and I really don't want that kind of attention from the Po-Po, as I'd like to keep my clean driving record and not become paranoid.

The koyo OEM spec replacement radiator came in yesterday. Its supposed to flow 70% better than stock. I must say its a rinky dink radiator but it will serve its purpose better than OEM. I was going to go full out completely aluminum, thick, koyo racing radiator but I decided to save the almost $200 and just get the OEM spec replacement and spend the other money else where.

I haven't ordered the suspension parts for the car yet, but it looks like my setup will look like this: Prodrive racing springs, KYB AGX struts, cusco front 22mm swaybar, either a whiteline 24mm adjustable rear swaybar or a cusco 22mm adjustable rear swaybar, and some rear endlinks. Rims and tires will come sometime in the spring I suppose and it looks as if I'll be picking up some Enkei RPF1's, Enkei Tarmacs, or Rota Slips in 17x7/7.5/8 just because they're lightweight and rather durable.

Still debating on when I'm going to spend the $100 to upgrade my Cobb AccessECU to the Cobb AccessPort and get tuned for Stage II. I may go with an underdrive pulley and I'm unsure of what else to complete Stage II. I should probably stay away from a bigger turbo or intercooler unless I want to find myself arrested.

You get a cookie if you read my bored novel.

Pictures will come after body work is done and everything is re-installed.

Quoted post[/post]]
cock tease, pics now.

Lmfao, everyone in my family came home to the huge carbon fiber hood box. First it was in the living room when I was inspecting it and my mom was like holy beep! that takes up the entire living room. Then the sister came home when it was in my bedroom and I told her it was Christmas in my bedroom because I have like a parts store here, now. ...and then to my hood being on my bed and my dad just sitting here playing on the computer, meanwhile he was hidden behind a stack of boxes. ...trust me, it was funnier in person.

and I can take a picture of the hood while its off the car but that means that I have to package the whole damn thing up again and its already 12:30. :p :p

The uppipe isn't anything special to look at, just has nice high quality welds and a flex joint. The radiator also isn't anything special to look at because its as thin as stock and looks nearly identical.

All suspension components are still at the store, but I have the money to buy them on a whim whenever I'd like. They probably won't be installed until after Christmas because the bodywork and getting the radiator fixed takes preference above all else right now. ...and if I'm not going to put the parts on right away, I rather gain interest on my money than front the cash and have to store all the damn parts. :p

Oh yeah, and so long as this local guy doesn't flake on me I'll be getting an '04 STI trunk for my '02 WRX trunk + $20.

I'm not one for visual mods whatsoever, but the fact that I do like the STI wing much better and its only $20 makes it worthwhile for me so long as his trunk is in perfect condition like mine. I have to check it out in person and make sure he doesn't flake either. So that mod is still tentative.

Bah, dang it. I just found some used coilovers and now I don't know what I want to do. They may be too harsh for daily driver duty. I don't like being used on wear and tear parts but that seems like a good deal. So its most likely go with the JIC's or go with the original Prodrive/KYB AGX combo.

Suspension

-JIC FLT-A2 - 7K/5K - roughly 8,000 miles (used in summer only) - $850

Quoted post[/post]]
kinda pricey on the jic's.... esp used... and esp cuz they are jic's... you can do better imo

Yeah, I think I might just stick with the KYB and prodrives unless someone else can provide a better suggestion for daily driving duty.

I really don't care if I have a big plush, comfy ride, but I do go on 400mile weekend trips quite often and much of it is across 80 West in PA that has concrete sections. I do value my ass a little bit and don't need to completely thrash it.

Suspension looks like this as of now: KYB AGX's, prodrives, camber bolts, camber plates, alignment. Front 22mm cusco sway, rear 22-24mm adjustable cusco sway, and gt spec rear endlinks.

First step is transporting my hood and my parts, along with my car, to the body shop and scheduling the repair ASAP.

...and now the newest order of business becomes whether or not I make the jump to a MRT turbo back exhaust, even though it has multiple cats, or do I stick with my amazingly loud Blitz nur spec and buy a catted downpipe and risk drawing attention. Its $600 for the tbe, I'd try to talk it down and I probably could get $350-$400 for my exhaust. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm. I'm not sure which is going to perform better for me.

Back