Just wanted to share some info

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

They LOOK very nice, but I'd have to see a little more proof before I go spend $900 bucks on "megan racing" coilovers...

other then looks, is there any proof that the Megan ones are rebadged Apexi's? Trust me, there is way more to a shock on the inside then on the outside.

Originally posted by asmallsol@Jul 31 2005, 08:58 PM
other then looks, is there any proof that the Megan ones are rebadged Apexi's? Trust me, there is way more to a shock on the inside then on the outside.
[post=533757]Quoted post[/post]​

Both the Apex and the Megan are rebaged. The original man. is in taiwan. I posted the link above.

Lazy Guy Link :p

Google it up. All the 240 forums and lots of honda forums are posting the same info - rides great, includes pillow mounts, I think the civic springrates are 10/10, and the price is :thumbsup:

Originally posted by Calesta@Jul 31 2005, 09:28 PM
Which other forum doesn't like them? Honda-Tech I assume?
[post=533773]Quoted post[/post]​

I never saw anything bad posted about them anywhere else. :shrug2:

I don't spend a lot of time on Honda-tech though. I first found out about them from my friend who had a 240. Apparently they are big with the drift crowd. But the hondas have higher spring rates.

IDK, I'm just posting some info I learned today. Everyone flamed me before for saying they were a decent alternative to omnipowers. I believe the common consensus was that unless they were outsourced then they must be shit. Well, yeah, they are outsourced. And Apex thinks they are good enough to put their name on and I think that is saying something.

Hmm.

I still want more concrete proof that they're the exact same coilovers as the Apex'i. Either way, I don't want to buy that set- I'm leaning more towards the Tein FLEX or SRC with EDFC.

By the way- you can't really compare spring rates between different suspension geometries- the mount points on the control arms and distance between all the pivots makes a huge difference on what spring rates are required for the same stiffness at the wheels when you're comparing between cars.

Originally posted by sohcslammer
Everyone flamed me before for saying they were a decent alternative to omnipowers.

Anything that doesn't break in half when you're going down the track is a 'decent alternative to omnipowers'.

Originally posted by asmallsol@Jul 31 2005, 09:13 PM
Mike, why are you in the market for teins again. What happened to your old tein Flex's?
[post=533793]Quoted post[/post]​

They're still good. Who said I was in the market again? :lol:

10k/10k on a civic is a horrible match. the ass end of your car is going to be all over the place.

i'd run a 14k front with a 10k rear, or an 8k rear with the 10k front.

unless you're building a drag car.... but shit, who cares about drag racing....

ya know, now that i think about it-- thats probably why.

everyone is all about "the quarter" y0....

sure, a nice stiff rear rate will be nice for a launch.

unfortunately, drag racing is gay, and we here at hondaswap, actually like to turn, too.

I'm not sure on the spring rates. I'll see if I can find out what they really are. I would think that yes, you want more spring in the front.

I don't see how 10/10 would be worse than 6/8 or some of the other rates cheapo springs have though.

tein ha and ss's have 8/6 F/R.... as do most coilovers in the 1k ish price range.

thats why i was liking the omnis... they actually had a decent spring rate on 'em.

even though the 8/6 is lower than what I would like, i would still take it over an unbalanced 10/10.

10/10 would be great, if the car had a 50/50 weight distribution and was RWD... lol

Sorry. Specs say 12/8 for 96-00 civic/integra.

That seems like like a big difference between front and back, doesn't it?

Edit - They are the VH design. :shrug2: <-- clicky

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Aug 1 2005, 10:07 AM
tein ha and ss's have 8/6 F/R.... as do most coilovers in the 1k ish price range.

thats why i was liking the omnis... they actually had a decent spring rate on 'em.

even though the 8/6 is lower than what I would like, i would still take it over an unbalanced 10/10.

10/10 would be great, if the car had a 50/50 weight distribution and was RWD... lol
[post=533974]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd:

9/6 on the Civic actually feels really good to me. It might be a little low for you, but it's actually very neutral with all the other stuff I have on the car.

Yea, my 8/6 with 22mm rear and 24 front with GSR endlinks (not as stiff ast eh ITR front endlinks) was extremely nuetral too. My instructor at my last track day really liked the setup as well.

Back