K-series ?????

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BamaBoy22

alright guys i decided to go for the k swap in my ek. However, i have been doing a little research and i think i may have found a better option than the very expensive type s or R. Ok, i found this motor on thsi site a couple of my boys have ordered motors from. But, it doesnt give any power numbers, or CR, etc... I called them and asked.....but the guy i talked too didnt speak very good english and he kinda sounded like he didnt know what he was talking about so i am seeking the almighty knowledge of Hondaswap. Here's the motor Osaka JDM Motors - North Americain Largest Supplier of JDM Motors & Clips I want to boost the motor, and rebuild. That being said, if i hypathetically got the type s i would have to replace all the guts any way, so..... to me, it makes more since to get the cheaper motor and go from there. however, i dont know anything about this motor, has any one had any experience with this motor, and also what are the differences in this motor and the type s. In yalls opinion.....do you think its a good idea to try and boost this thing (ie: is it strong enough to support what im going for).....thanx.

my b, i just clicked the link i out up and it didnt take me to where i had orgianlly copied the link from.......Anyway....its on that page....it says its the k20a....as you can see it doesnt specify a1,a2,a3....etc....which is why im kinda stuck. The guys from that shop told me they didnt even know what chassey itcame out of. Any incite?

Ok, and so i have order from these asses before...they are crappy with their shipments...sending me the wrong exhaust manifold which is a B16 manifold that doesnt even fit the GSR HEADER...the ecu was damaged..chip broke in half when i opened it but i had a spare...everything was cut except harness...throttle position sensor was completed destroyed...bolt was missing from the starter..some nuts and bolts arent in the place they should be...got my mount correct though at least...Ignition coil FRIED...had to get that, so i jacked one from work...DONT DO IF YOUR NOT A MANAGER...lol i can get away easily...=)

every part that was missing LUCKILY i had on hand...
Goodluck to ya....with ur K20 swap...ill stick to my B18C1...coupe

dddaaannngggg dude that sux, my friend got a b18c5 from them about 2 years ago as far as i know he had everything he needed for the swap. But listen to this...this dumb ass buys the cheapest t3 turbo and mani and downpipe and straps it on and trys racing everyone. (kids these days with to much of there parents money) anyway long story made short it lasted abotu 2 months before he put a rod through the block.....so said "RIP TYPE R" it actaully worked otu for me though cuz i had just bought my greddy kit for my b16a2 and ended up with that type r head for 300 hundo....talk about a deal. Needless to say...after i got the head i didnt talkto him that much after that. lol......but as far as the motor in general not nessacarily from osaka....cuz i iknow i can get it somewhere elese online, but the few sites i checked didnt have the numbers either sooo...again im stuck.

Ok.......so..... the motor out of the ep3 has a crapy cam. Thank you for that. So, in theory, is it basically the same core as the type s, with different guts? If that is the case, im rebuilding anyway, so if its still i-vtec(compatible), and a 2 liter it would basically be the same as the type s/r?

Also, the tranny, im guessing, is a 5-speed, that being said, is this tranny good for the setup im going for,za as far as making this thing quick? stock lsd?
(daily driven, turbo build, conservative tune)

Anyone know where i can get a type s ortype r tranny that will bolt up to this motor just in case thats what i decide to do? im almost scared to ask cuz i have a feeling its going to be like 2 grand.

Fianlly, lets say i wanted to go with a stock bottom end with this motor. How are the sleeves and internals. My goal is to get between 300and 400 hundo whp. a lill high goal? maybe, but ive already had a 230whp b16a2, and to be honest it wasnt really that quick. However it didnt blow up. I just hope im a good of a driver as i think i am cuz traction will probably be an issue w/o slicks. thoughts?

problem solved, thanx bro........i mean im not saying it was slow, i just know that it had a lot more potential to be a lot faster. Ride in a greddy b16 ek, and then ride in a full-race, built, gsr and tell me what you think about fast then(big difference ya know). im a speed junky bro, i got a gsxr that does 184 top end....i cant help but want to go fatser and faster.............but hey thats why im me and u r u.
peace

well my type s is in route to golden eagle.....again thanx for the help.

Back