K.... you all want this

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Smonkeyboy

$425,000 for a 1970 Chevelle SS with 27.9 miles

40_3.JPG

e9_3.JPG

10_3.JPG

3c_3.JPG

20_3.JPG

that is all

I'd buy it, but for that kind of money I'd rather have a 69 Camaro COPO. ;)

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@May 24 2005, 11:56 PM
holy fuck.

who buys a car, drives it home, and then never drives it again?
[post=503219]Quoted post[/post]​

this is exactlly what I was going to ask!

Oh yeah and whats the ebay fee gonna be on that bitch?!?!!?! :blink:

That is quite amazing I must say. I seriously would love to see that thing in real life.

Wow. I am quite curious about how that 27.9 miles came to be....

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@May 24 2005, 10:56 PM
holy fuck.

who buys a car, drives it home, and then never drives it again?
[post=503219]Quoted post[/post]​

Larry Widmer. :p

SS454 $503.45, 450HP $236.30, RADIO $61.10, TURBO TRANSMISSION $290.40, TINTED GLASS $36.90, SPECIAL INSTRUMENT PKG $84.30, VINAL TRIM $12.65, SPORT STRIPING $68.50, HD BATTERY $15.80

Maybe I am missing something, but this dude is an idiot. I'm going to Honda today and see if they have some hp they can drop in my B16. Funny, because he list some parts that were standard for the SS. And for that serious an auction you'd think he would use spellcheck.

the only way a car of mine would only get driven 27 miles would be if i dropped dead from excitement after taking it out for the first drive, and then my family just let it sit.

And whoever buys this is definatly not going to drive it, but trailer it to shows and say hey look what i have. What a waste of a perfectly good muscle car IMO.

Originally posted by Speedracer228@May 25 2005, 08:44 AM

And whoever buys this is definatly not going to drive it, but trailer it to shows and say hey look what i have. What a waste of a perfectly good muscle car IMO.
[post=503332]Quoted post[/post]​

Unless you are a diehard car collector, this car is worthless to you. As soon as you start driving it, the price will plument.

I bet that engine runs awsome. Having not been cranked in like 20 years.....

That car is a complete waste of money. I could build a race car for that price.

I still want to punch that guy for his description.

That is retarded. I'll give him $100 for it. Crazy high prices merit crazy low prices for offers. Car isn't even worth that. I dont' care if it had 2 miles on it.

Maybe he is trying to sell that fact that it has so low of miles. If I get my honda up to 750000 miles think I could ask the same price? No one else would have a car with so many miles.

A die-hard muscle car guy at work looked at the posting this morning, and he said that a ton of stuff just doesn't match up. The 454 came in 425 and 475hp versions, but not 450hp. The glass-packs on the exhaust are obviously welded in as aftermarket pieces. The LS6 wasn't available with an automatic, and even at that- only 17 were built for model year 1970. All LS6 Chevelles in 1970 had power windows and a "console dash".

:shrug2:

I shot it off to a guy I know who was an engineer at GM for a while- he may be able to dig up something.

I'm pretty sure it's real, most things seem right. Some of those replica guys are insane though, you have to get down to how many bolt mains, and fuel line diameters :huh:

The two hp version of the 454 were the LS5 360hp and the LS6 which was 450hp. But also, the cowl hoods should have hood pins...

grille.jpg

http://www.chevelles.com/shop/ss_ident.html

i wouldnt buy it for more then 3k i dont give a shit how many miles are on it.

just not a fan of 40 yr old cars. :\

no matter what condition its in your still riding in a 16 second steel boat with shitty leaf springs and bench seats.
no thanks.

Back