Kenwood amp audiobahn sub

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CrazyAzn

okay well i have a slight delima here, i have a audiobahn aw1251se which has dual 4ohm voice coils. well i wanted to get a kenwood kac 7202 amp which has the following specs:

two-channel car amplifier
150 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms (230 watts x 2 at 2 ohms)
460 watts RMS x 1 bridged output at 4 ohms (4 ohm stable in bridged mode)
high-pass (12 dB per octave) and low-pass (24 dB per octave) filters variable from 50 to 200 Hz
selectable bass boost (0-18 dB at 40 Hz)
cooling fan
MOSFET power supply
CEA-2006 compliant
preamp- and speaker-level inputs
preamp outputs
Tri-way capable (Tri-Way Crossover required)
requires 4-gauge power and ground leads — wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
13-5/8"W x 2-5/16"H x 11-1/4"D

would i be able to hook that up to a audiobahn sub with dual 4 ohm voice coils, because since im using a single subwoofer i cant find a way to lower the impedience to 4ohms, which the amp is rated at. i can either get the impedience to either 2ohms or 8 ohms which isnt exactly 4.

does any one have any information on this? i emailed kenwood but havent recieved an answer and i cant seem to find it online, due to the massive amounts of audio websites.

any help is great, thanks guys.

Your best bet is this setting ------>150 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms.

Just hook each channel to a coil. As long as you hook it up with a MONO INPUT the same power will be to each coil and it will run fine.

Back