Kicker subwoofer

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Kanned

Beast
I can get a damn good deal on some kicker 10" subs, but I would like some real feedback first rather than from the business owners who post as 20 year old guys on their websites saying they're the best. The reason why I'm asking about this particular speaker is because I have a pair that has been in my stockroom for about 2 years now and can get them really cheap. The price on this site is ridiculous, but here they are Kicker Solo-Baric L7 Series 06S10L74 10'' subwoofer with dual 4-ohm voice coils at Crutchfield.com
Anyone heard one of these in action? Think one will be enough for my civic? These may not be for me because I don't listen to a lot of music with low bass. I know this is a long shot, but worth a try. Thanks to anyone(if anyone) who has any advice.

solo baric's suck...they blow too easy. save up and get a JL w3 or w6v2..they are awesome. i have a w3 15'' in my car running off a viper 600w and it hits HARD!! the great thing about JL is they don't need that much power for a really good bass tone, that and they have an excellent range to them. the 15 i have hits hard really low and hits high tones that some 12's can't even hit. they are a great woofer for the price. best of all you can really put the screws to them and they NEVER blow!

I've heard nothing but positive feedback when it comes to JL audio, so they were my second bet. I think I'll order two 12" JL subs today and go find an amp this weekend. I listen to a lot of classic rock, but when I want distortion, bass, and other deafening sounds, I want that shit loud. Therefore, I think 12s will give me the benefit of the doubt. What sucks is my car is on stands at the moment because I haven't finished hooking the engine up lol. Damn premature car shopping. Thanks, I appreciate the feedback.

no problem...when you go get the amp(s) don't get JL amps...they are way over priced. get two viper 600's...that is the rms on those too..no over rating with those guys. throw a little rep my way for the advise.

Unfortunately, I can't afford to buy two amps. I have to try and find a decent dual channel that won't overheat every 20 minutes =/. I'll just have to check out some of my dealers' websites. I'm sure I can find a some cheap prices. The only 600w Vipers I found were around 300 retail. I can't afford that at the moment.

i would only get 1 12" jl. unless you are a system freak. i saw on mtv cribs, i think it was larenz tate or some shit had a 12w7 in his excursion and it hit so loud nobody wanted to sit in the back. i have seen the JL in action and unless you are doing competitions, i would suggest one speaker. maybe even a 10".

Ordering one speaker at first and hooking it up doesn't sound like a bad idea at all... Also, switching to 10" subs sounded like an excellent idea to me when I was thinking about the kind of music I mainly listen to. It was a spur of the moment thing when I got my paycheck. That money wanted to be gone so fast, lol. Getting a second opinion that fits yours is a nice thing. I mean, I could get myself a system, but I might as well take advice from the true junkies =D. Damn, you guys are helpful... Any other amp recommendations? I have my eye on a few, but I'd like to hear your opinions. I want to try and keep it no more than $250.

you can get a lot of amps for under $250. i would just go to stereo shops in your area and listen to them. then buy the product online somewhere. i have a phoenix gold amp pushing a 10w6v2 and it's deafening.

MTX prices FTMFL. Try looking at the Infinity or JBL 600W monoblocks - they range from 250-275 on cardomain.

And there's nothing bad about L7's. From what I've seen and heard, they hold up just fine. Whether they sound "as good" in a typical instal vs. a JL is of course way too subjective for me to discuss, so dont start bs'ing me.

I also dont see a reason for you to get two subs. If you only have a small budget for power, you dont need two subs. And it costs a lot more for two 10's over a single 12, etc.

yeah, go for one 10"...it'll hit all the bass ranges right if amped properly. i was saying no to JL's amps cause they are way too pricey...like a buck a watt. kicker makes good amps but they lack subs that deliver hard, thumping and clean bass...bass is all good but if you get sloppy bass with a lot of ring you'll be pissed off...it's just plain annoying. that's why i suggested JL in the first place, especially with the type of music you like to listen to you wouldn't want slop, you'd want crisp, hard hitting bass.

imao...go 1 JL 10" with a Viper 600. it will not displease you...it would be a great investment.

Back