Konig Kolors De-Uglified

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

asmallsol

Super Moderator
While I was waiting for my freind to get off work so we could finish painting my car, I decided to paint my wheels.
Here are them before. These are not the 100% best reprentation of them, as like almost all paint, they must be seen in person, but they are highlighter orange (not construction barell orange) and they kinda look like the factory was really lite on the paint, because it looks slightly washed out.
95cfb9e6.jpg

After I sprayed them. I used the Duplicolor wheel paint. Since my car will be white with a CF hood, decided to keep the panda look and go with black
39ef01c9.jpg

Now the orignal wheels have the "Konig Racing" on one side and " Kolors Ultralite" on the other side in stickers. So I thought it would be cool to keep the name of the wheel by keeping the stickers on and peeling them off once the paint was dried. Here is how it turned out...
be85834d.jpg

And a close up
61c6e50e.jpg

I peeled them off very carefully using an exacto knife and a set of forceps/tweezers. I decided to take them off before the paint harded 100%. The paint was hard enough to touch, but was still kinda soft. I figured this would protect from chipping and taking off paint that was not on the sticker.

And finally, here are 3.5 wheels painted. I only bought 2 cans, and I ran out on the last wheel. I had already painted the inside part. Oh well. I bought the last can from the murrays I normally go to so I will have to go to a diffrent one tommrow.
3553a067.jpg

There are a few spots where they need a little more paint so I will touch those up tommrow as well.

:thumbsup: Nice work man! I LIKE!! The letters add a cool touch! That's gonna look nice on a white ride.

lol, before, you could litterally see my car a 1/2 mile away.

:thumbsup: I like them, and the orange kind of adds to a visual movement on the wheels in my opinion.

Originally posted by BodyDroppedNikes@Aug 8 2005, 06:57 PM
me likey. since you are doing the whole panda look, why not do the name of the wheels in white instead of the orange?
[post=537666]Quoted post[/post]​

<_< And just exactly how do you suppose he would you pull that off cleanly?! You would have to use a paint marker or some shit, fuck all that!

Originally posted by jdmeg6+Aug 9 2005, 12:02 AM-->
BodyDroppedNikes
@Aug 8 2005, 06:57 PM
me likey. since you are doing the whole panda look, why not do the name of the wheels in white instead of the orange?
[post=537666]Quoted post[/post]​

<_< And just exactly how do you suppose he would you pull that off cleanly?! You would have to use a paint marker or some shit, fuck all that!
[post=537680]Quoted post[/post]​

Why not use white out??? :ph34r:

:laughing1:

actually cleanly? he could tape paper over them or something to gaurd the wheel while he is spraying the rest and use a exacto knife or something and cut out the letters and then just paint them...like a stencil kinda shit

Back