Korax's ED6

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Korax

It's been a while since I posted anything on my gray hatch. Figured I'd throw a few pics up and where I'm at on this particular car. This car was originally a 91 DX automatic.

Electrical:
Password JDM carbon battery relocate box with Odyssey battery
Full 90/91 DX manual cabin harness swap
Monotech custom Engine Harness
White face gauges with LED backlights (temp before AP1 cluster swap stole from another hatch of mine)
Timex LED tachometer (temp same as above)
OBD0 PW0 ECU (chipped. no idea what. runs rich as hell and can't wait to get this thing tuned right)

Power plant/trans:
OBD0 B16a (stock)
Password JDM carbon EG/EK B series intake
USDM 92-93 GSR cable trans
Exedy 9.5lb flywheel
Hasport mounts
Apexi WS2 catback

Brakes/suspension:
K-sport Rear LCAs (should have went with buddy club or something)
93 EG Si Rear trailing arms/calipers
90-93 DA e-brake cables
Mugen rear trailing arm bushings (can't get new ones from Honda and I wanted a compliant bushing)
Beaks* tie bar
40/40 prop valve
Intergra 1" non ABS master cyl/booster (don't remember from what year)
Goodridge SS brake lines
Rota group N with Kuhmo AST 195/50/15 (not great tires but I got the set for under $200 :ph34r:)
ES poly front LCA and radius rod bushings.
Hardrace front camber kit

Body:
Civic SiR fenders/stanley sidemarkers
Civic SiR stanley clear corners
Honda antenna delete

Other/misc changes:
Non-power steering with power steering rack
89 gas tank (had one laying around and it needed one)
No heating/A/C components (nothing under the dash at all)

Have but not installed yet:
DA front knuckles/calipers
Hawk HPS for DA front calipers/EG rear calipers
DC GSR camshafts
Full set of new style Honda LMAs
Car sound high flow cat
S2K start button and an OEM clip

Looking forward to:
Progress suspension coilovers (getting the cheap ones as this car gets no miles and will go with something better once I know what it is I want)
Progress suspension rear sway bar or OEM ED Si rear sway, haven't decided
Center roll adjusters of some kind
ESP traction bar
Enkie RPF1's with Dunlop star specs
Nascar cage (can't say if it will be in this chasis or not)
AP1 Cluster and needed parts
Cut off switch
Chargespeed rear spoiler

Probably a bunch of stuff I'm forgetting.

IMG_20110612_165750.jpg

IMG_20110612_165721.jpg

IMG_20110614_100103.jpg

IMG_20110614_100201.jpg

Pw0ECU.jpg

IMG_20110625_184039.jpg

IMG_20110625_184025.jpg

IMG_20110625_184811.jpg

Last edited:
Don't want people to copy new ideas. :)

But back to Korax!

Got some ES bushings in the mail yesterday. All the bushings in the back have been replaced (rear compensator arms, LCA, Trailing arm bushings) so I ordered some for the front because they are most definitely 20-21 years old.

-16.8102G Shock mount bushing kit
-16.7102G Honda strut rod set (I always though these were called radius rods?)
-16.3103G Honda front control arm bushing set

The only thing left would be the front sway bar bushings. Until I get a coilover suspension I'm not going to bother with these. I'm not sure if I'm going to end up changing sizes or if I'm going keep the OEM bar, so no sense in doing it right now.

I'm also going to install the beaks bar I bought awhile ago, assuming it quits raining this evening. If not, I'm probably going to do the work Sunday?

Attachments

• IMG_20110624_150646.jpg
    IMG_20110624_150646.jpg
    729.9 KB · Views: 639
  • IMG_20110624_151811.jpg
    IMG_20110624_151811.jpg
    825.3 KB · Views: 345
Got home after work today and had just enough time to throw the tie bar on. Working around my big exhaust canister was a paint in the ass. I like how quiet it is so I guess it's a trade off :x The jack makes it easy under the control arm. You loosen the 14mm bolt and slide it out until it gets bound. Then just slowly push the LCA up until the bolt literally falls out. Hopefully I'll get to the bushings tomorrow.

I'm also having a problem with my signals. The hazards work fine. All six markers work, both indicators flash on the cluster. If I hit left or right on the column it does nothing:( I have switched out the relay from one of my working hatches, sanded all the related grounds. The one under plastic on the hatch/both of the ground clusters (for lack of better term) behind the headlights. I"m guessing I'm gonna have to change the arm out for a known working one. Is there something else I'm missing?

IMG_20110625_190532.jpg

IMG_20110625_191544.jpg

IMG_20110625_191606.jpg

Last edited:
Been bad on updates.

I figured out my turn signal problem. I had also had problems with my fuel gauge not working and the temp gauge. After checking fuses, grounds, connectors, relays, and switching arms from another car.... nothing worked. I did some research and found out about this little box on the back of the cabin fuse box. It's gray and clips in with just one connector. The ICU (integrated control unit). I never realized this little thing controls all sorts of things, signals, gauges, back up lights, wipers, etc. I switched it out for another from another car and everything works now. These little boxes are also stamped with A or B. Either will work to make almost everything function. The B box has the capability of intermittent wipers as the A box will only work with Hi and Low. If your ED civic doesn't have intermittent wipers you can just switch out the switch arm for one that does and pop in a B box and they will work. Pretty cool I thought.

I did get the poly bushings done and installed on the front but I didn't get any pics. I did get a camber kit installed in anticipation of getting my coilovers that are on back order and got the car properly aligned. The kit is from Hardrace. Hopefully it doesn't turn out to be junk. It seems very heavy duty though.

IMG_20110718_214619.jpg

I also picked up a set of 18x7.5 17lb wheels for my tsx for $500. They have some minor curb rash and will be easy to fix. No bends/dents. They didn't come with caps, stems, lugs. Since all of this needs done I'm going to pick up hardware for the alternate bronze color these came in and have them done that color when they are fixed.

IMG_20110810_184636.jpg

IMG_20110810_184731.jpg

IMG_20110810_184739.jpg

IMG_20110810_184725.jpg

Last edited:
Got a few pics of the ICU in case anyone might need to know sometime. As you can see this is a B unit.

IMG_20110812_105624.jpg

IMG_20110812_105613.jpg

Back