KYB AGX/Sportline

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sol2hatch

I am about to purchase a set for the eg hatch and was wondering if you guys had any thoughts before I get them. I use the car for autoX and it is my daily driver. Does anyone have this setup, how do you like it, what have you heard, how is the drop, any info would be great.

I run the exact same setup on my EG, and after feeling the difference between GC coilovers, and the Eibachs, I have to say, the springs are much better. Over stock, the car will lean a lot less, and it will dive, and squat less. Make sure to trim your bumpstops correctly, and if you have some extra cash laying around, change out the upper mounts as well. I have a set of Tein solid uppers on order from IL4, and I can't wait to put them in.

Good luck, and as always, after doing any major suspension work, get a good alignment job done.

Originally posted by EGProject@Jun 24 2005, 11:36 AM
I run the exact same setup on my EG, and after feeling the difference between GC coilovers, and the Eibachs, I have to say, the springs are much better. Over stock, the car will lean a lot less, and it will dive, and squat less. Make sure to trim your bumpstops correctly, and if you have some extra cash laying around, change out the upper mounts as well. I have a set of Tein solid uppers on order from IL4, and I can't wait to put them in.

Good luck, and as always, after doing any major suspension work, get a good alignment job done.
[post=516081]Quoted post[/post]​

what will changing the upper mounts do? Any good brands that wont break the bank

any more info on this setup would be great too

The uppers will usually stiffen steering input, and they won't deflect, and cause excessive camber in high-load cornerning situations. Ground Control, Tein, and Hotchkiss make upper plates - with Tein being non-adjustable, and the others adjustable for camber/caster. Since I don't like to mess with that stuff yet, I went with the Teins - IL4 has them for $150 for a pair. Made of billet duraluminum.

i too have that same setup in my eg, i LOVE IT. it's a good upgrade from stock. i wouldn't say its the best on the market, but its a very good setup for the Daily driver who likes to take it for the weekend races. don't get me wrong, this setup have great potential if tuned right, but i bought it for the daily drive and the accasional autox races :lol: good luck bro!

03.jpg

for more pics, click on the sig that says "MY HATCH"

I have a set of AGX's that will fit a 92-95 civic for cheap if your interested. They are brand new, PM me if you want them.

well guys, I have decided to get Tokico Illuminas, and I still have to decide on whether I want sportlines or prokits. I want whichever has the best performance on the track. Any suggestions?

92dxhatch,

Nice hatch man, those Rotas look great.

As for the sportlines, they are stiffer, and offer a lower drop than the pro-kit. Both are basically the same price, and come with a great warranty.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jun 28 2005, 07:34 AM
agx > illuminas IMO
[post=517302]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd:

AGX user myself

SERIOUSLY YO! for what your lookin to spend and do, the agx's and sportlines are the better setup you'll find for the money. agx > illuminas, any day like b said. belive us, we know what we are talking about.

so you guys are telling me that AGX is better than Illuminas. What are you basing that on? I already got the illuminas, but am I going to be dissappointed? I dont mind that I spent extra money on them, cause it was insurance money.

but either way, I still need to decide on whether I want the sportlines or prokit. Will I have to worry about speed bumps and what not if i have the sportlines? Which springs are better for AutoX?

well, i made the final decision. I got Tokico Illuminas with the Eibach Pro Kit. I decided on the Pro Kit because I dont want to have to worry about potholes and speedbumps, along with road kill(I live in Oklahoma and all these things are abundant). I also didnt want to mess with a camber kit. Hopefully they will be ok on the track... :huh:

the sportline kit would have been just fine. didn't you look at the pic of my car, thats the sportlines W/ agx's, you can see it not that low, but just enough to enhance the feel. i don't know if you'll like your pro kit, you just might like it, its also about buying products and seeing what you like about it or not. good luck bud!

The advertised drop between the sportline and the prokit is only about a half inch tops... and the fact that the sportlines are a stiffer spring you actually would probably experience less dragging as you would have less down travel once you got over the speedbump/pothole... just food for thought if you haven't bought your springs yet, I'd stick with the sportlines.

Originally posted by wanderinman@Jun 29 2005, 10:25 AM
The advertised drop between the sportline and the prokit is only about a half inch tops... and the fact that the sportlines are a stiffer spring you actually would probably experience less dragging as you would have less down travel once you got over the speedbump/pothole... just food for thought if you haven't bought your springs yet, I'd stick with the sportlines.
[post=518036]Quoted post[/post]​

I read somewhere that the springrates were not a huge difference between sportline and prokit, and from what I have read everywhere, advertised drop= :poop:

And like I said before, I am not looking for lowering so much as performance, and I have heard many a great thing about pro kit, so I am going to take the chance. I will post before and after pics for everyone to see the drop, and will report what the butt-o-meter reads after autoX day.

Hey, anythings gotta be better than my stock suspension with ORIGINAL SPRINGS AND SHOCKS, which have 265,xxx miles on them, right?

Originally posted by 92dxhatch@Jun 29 2005, 09:21 AM
the sportline kit would have been just fine. didn't you look at the pic of my car, thats the sportlines W/ agx's, you can see it not that low, but just enough to enhance the feel. i don't know if you'll like your pro kit, you just might like it, its also about buying products and seeing what you like about it or not. good luck bud!
[post=517993]Quoted post[/post]​

and 92dxhatch,

that is a very nice hatch, and not too low a drop, but you also have 16" wheels on there. I have some 14" fat fives on my car, so it would be a lower drop for my car.

Originally posted by sol2hatch+Jun 29 2005, 11:12 PM-->
92dxhatch
@Jun 29 2005, 09:21 AM
the sportline kit would have been just fine. didn't you look at the pic of my car, thats the sportlines  W/ agx's, you can see it not that low, but just enough to enhance the feel. i don't know if you'll like your pro kit, you just might like it, its also about buying products and seeing what you like about it or not. good luck bud!
[post=517993]Quoted post[/post]​

and 92dxhatch,

that is a very nice hatch, and not too low a drop, but you also have 16" wheels on there. I have some 14" fat fives on my car, so it would be a lower drop for my car.
[post=518481]Quoted post[/post]​

acctually, those 16's w/ tires are the same height as my 13" steelies w/ tires, so no, your car will not suffer a lower drop if any, you might see a 1/8 of an inch, but thats it. your right, the pro kit is a good spring, in most cases, the sportlines do have a stiffer spring rate, i think, but i'm about 80% sure on that. for autoX i chose my setup, and i love it. let us know how everything goes.

good luck bro!

Back